Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trottco 27" and 14" MultiPlace IV *Portable* Televisions

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2005 at 10:45 AM - Updated 26th Dec 2008 at 3:27 PM by -Maylin-

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 10th May 2005 at 8:07 PM
These TVs arereally neat! thanks
#77 Old 11th May 2005 at 10:49 AM
thanks! i have missed this!!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 11th May 2005 at 8:59 PM
Numenor, I made a TV in a different way (imported table lamp placement functions, added the weight=0 bit from the placement thread) and it won't delete properly either. I just wanted to mention it so you know it's not something in the thinking cap function that's causing it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 11th May 2005 at 9:25 PM
Thanks BriAnna. I wonder what is causing this problem...
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 19th May 2005 at 7:31 AM
Thank you SOOO much... i was just thinking how much i needed something like this. :D
Test Subject
#81 Old 27th May 2005 at 5:53 PM
COOL! finally i can relax in bed and watch TV Ahh! how relaxing!
Test Subject
#82 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 5:26 AM
Nifty! Great for teen bedrooms or for adult-in-late-30s-who-still-lives-with-parents rooms.
Test Subject
#83 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 1:10 PM
Thanks. this is cool. i wanted that dorm tv at welldressedsims but this fixed it.
#84 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 1:50 PM
=]
:gidea:

Good job! I love the 14 inch one!!!

I must not be able to put the rar thingy in my computer.
Or at least *I* cannot lol. Anywayz, great idea/job!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 11:44 PM
As mentioned before, Your tv's are Great! like so much you do here. Thanks again.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 10:46 AM
brilliant, another great idea. thanks.
Test Subject
#87 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 12:43 PM
I couldn't delete/sell them either, not even with the move_objects on... I'll try putting them on the ground, I'll report back if that doesn't work (but then, I think that would be my computer,since nobody had the problem again, lol)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 2:27 PM
I've always solved the problem putting them on the ground.

If anything els works, try this:

1) open the cheatbox and type boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true
2) while pressing the Shift key, left-click on the TV
3) from the pop-up menu, choose "Force Error"
4) when the error message is shown, click "Delete"
5) deactivate the cheat by typing boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 11:53 PM
Awesome, thank you!
Test Subject
#90 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 11:12 PM
- lol - Whoa.. I think Don Lothario should feel greatful now that he can watch every channel at the same time without having to bust out the remote!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 8:48 PM
very useful

thank you
#92 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 10:25 PM
Thank you! Always wanted a smaller TV! :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 11:04 PM
Thank you guys & girls for you positive feedback! I'm glad that you find my TV useful!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#94 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 11:17 PM
Is there a reason that the 27' has two TVs--two icons for the same tv?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 11:39 PM
There should be only one icon for each TV...
No one has reported such issue so far: maybe you have another package that can cause this duplication? Try deleting from the catalog my TV, and see if the second icon disappears, too. If not, there are two TVs, with different GUIDs, in your download folder.

Forum Resident
#96 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 2:02 AM
I think I pin pointed it: I also had the space tv by oberkorn. I think for some reason the two conflicted and your tv overrode the space tv. ? Weird I know.

I had decided to go ahead and delete the 'second' 27' of your tv (the icon was kinda off center) And it was then that I noticed the space tv was gone--Only I had just seen one in the house I had just closed out of! Weirdness.

I went ahead and deleted the off center icon and your tvs stayed and the space tv is gone.

I can change the guid can't I? In SimPE just asign a new guid?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 9:43 AM
Oberkorn TV has GUID 0xEC166514, my 27" TV 0x0255170F and the 14" TV 0x02551710, so there shouldn't be any conflict... Maybe you have some old versions of the TVs?

Forum Resident
#98 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM
No, no old versions.

And, I found the spacetv file was still in downloads. I ran SimPE to look for dups and there are none.

Thing is, that bad icon had text that said it was your 27 " tv. I even pulled it out and used it. Weird...

I haven't run the game since checking for dups last night. I am going to try re downloading both tvs and see what happens next....
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 5:27 PM
Try open with SimPE the two packages (My 27" TV and the SpaceTV) and look at the GUID contained in the Object Data: they should match the values that I've given in my previous posts.

Anyway, the problem you describe it's not a simple GUID conflict, now that I think better: a GUID conflict leads to have only 1 object in the catalog, while you have 2, with the same icons and the same description (they have the same description, right?).
But having 2 icons in the catalogue means that the objects have different GUIDs...

So, the reason must be different...
If I remember well (I'll check), the first version of Oberkorn's TV was strange: the main textures were contained in a separate package; if you forgot, for instance, to install the package containing the main texture, this might have caused the problem...
Forum Resident
#100 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:37 AM
Yes, they hada the same description. The second icon had the pixture of your tv in it--but it was set off center.

I redled both yours and Oberkorns. I have only looked at the inventory once since then, but this time around it was ok. I used both tvs...hmmm, but not on the same lot. I should try that....
Page 4 of 6