Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[05/12] Jenesis' All Buyable Fish/Books/Fruits Mods (Compatible with Patch 1.63-1.67)

by anak_ponti Posted 10th Dec 2010 at 7:35 AM - Updated 13th Apr 2014 at 8:27 AM by anak_ponti

383 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 124 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 16
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 2:59 AM
@Tha1lb: Try running Sims 3 Dashboard to check conflict with other mods. Also try to run the game with only this mod to verify that this mod is working.
Test Subject
#27 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xsummer2
Thank you oh so much, I couldn't bring home fruits from after a vacation for some reason, so I could never plant those foods, this makes it helpful for me, much appreciated.

I had a mod that made more harvestables and faster growth that wasnt compatible with WA and i couldnt grow the plants all at till i deleted it as they disappeared form my backpack everytime i went home
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 3:02 AM
@nitarm03: if the mod isn't compatible with WA, you shouldn't use it and wait until the original author updated it. I am sorry if my answer is wrong, beside I don't really get the meaning of your post. Thank you.
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 8:45 AM
Will this mod still work even if I don't have WA? Will the fruits/books from that game just not show up when I go to the store?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 12:28 PM Last edited by anak_ponti : 22nd Dec 2010 at 3:01 AM.
@mary16121: I think the fruits and fish mod should working fine (the WA fruits and fish just won't shown up in store) but the books mod is useless if you don't have WA. You're welcome to test it, and please report any feedback here. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 6:29 AM
I have The Sims 3 Ver. 1.17
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 2:02 PM
tnx
now i can make ambrosia and that other meal requires flamefruit
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 5:11 PM
Silly question perhaps, but what is the quality of the fruit and fish we can now purchase? Normal quality?

Thanks for making this mod. Even for a sim who knows how to get the ingredients for Ambrosia in large quantities it is nice not to always rely on gardening and fishing. Farming ingredients gets pretty boring.

EDIT: Sorry for not reading. I see you have addressed the store quality issue in your other mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 12:38 AM
Thank you for updating! I was wondering could you make a verison with just the books buyable?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 3:44 AM
@Strawberry Kiwi: There are 3 files in this thread. If you are looking for buyable books mod, the filename is "Jenesis_SkillsFishRecipesBuyableLN.rar".
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 4:21 PM
It's an amazing mod, but it isn't quiiite updated for Late Night.
I'm missing all the new music books, which makes playing the new instruments... Well, I can't play them, I don't think.
Updates??
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 12:42 AM
@LOVELESSRyuzaki: I didn't touch all the music books (guitar, bass, piano, drums). Your sim must have minimal skill level 5 to be able to learn from music books.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 12:55 PM
Could you pretty please update this for the 7.0.55 patch ( outdoor living stuff pack). I really love this mod, so useful.
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
@LOVELESSRyuzaki: I didn't touch all the music books (guitar, bass, piano, drums). Your sim must have minimal skill level 5 to be able to learn from music books.

For some reason, the piano, bass, and drums music books aren't in the store..? The guitar ones are the only ones there, and for some strange reason, whenever I want to play piano, bass, or drums, it resets my Sims.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 5:53 AM
@TeamNinja: I sure that these mods still compatible with latest patch/OLS (except OLS adds new books or new fish or new fruits)

@LOVELESSRyuzaki: I think that you got a mod conflicting. Try check with Sims 3 Dashboard
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 10:45 AM
Yes this mod needs updated to go with the outdoor living stuff pack!! This mod is so useful!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 1:55 AM
This mod still works with latest patches, although I don't have OLS yet.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 7:57 PM
Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 1:07 PM
thank you for updating this mod, I've found it helpful when concentrating on sims that I'd rather not have to travel back and forth.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 3:15 PM
Great mod; Will this be patched for 1.19?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 12:28 AM
@naw78: No need, see the title (Compatible with Latest Patches/OLS).
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:33 AM
In the Higher Quality Purchased Fruits and Vegetables from Grocerystore mod you mentioned that this mod changed the cost of certain specials. I was wondering if you could make a version that had the original prices. This effects not just the cost to them to purchase which is fine but also the price they can sell for which in a game were its to easy to make money is problematic. I had used a combination of the 2 to give some sims I wanted to be nectar maker a head start but with perfect life fruit and the rare grapes going for the prices they go for nectar making is a loosing proposition. I modded to hell out of nector making to compensate when this was actually the problem. If you don't want to make a new version if you could let me know the original values I can change them back. TY.
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lsmithiii
In the Higher Quality Purchased Fruits and Vegetables from Grocerystore mod you mentioned that this mod changed the cost of certain specials. I was wondering if you could make a version that had the original prices. This effects not just the cost to them to purchase which is fine but also the price they can sell for which in a game were its to easy to make money is problematic. I had used a combination of the 2 to give some sims I wanted to be nectar maker a head start but with perfect life fruit and the rare grapes going for the prices they go for nectar making is a loosing proposition. I modded to hell out of nector making to compensate when this was actually the problem. If you don't want to make a new version if you could let me know the original values I can change them back. TY.

Never mind I found that info in the nectar making guide and changed it back. I knew something was up with my sims being able to make so much money with a single trip to the grocery store. changing it back should level the playing field.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 2nd May 2011 at 4:01 AM
This Mod is such a help to a lazy bugger like me who greatly dislikes the tedium of producing Life Fruit and catching Death Fish for my weekly Ambrosia. I greatly enjoy the options available to my Sims at the bookstore because of your Mod, also!

Thank you kindly for your efforts!
Test Subject
#50 Old 3rd May 2011 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
@naw78: No need, see the title (Compatible with Latest Patches/OLS).

Does that apply even if you just have the Base Game? I have BG 1.19 and get an error when I have this mod installed (only the fruits one, I have no need for the others and thus haven't tried them).
Page 2 of 16