Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#551 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:57 AM
I haven't been on this forum for a while, so I don't know if anyone has posted this yet.

At Sims VIP, it's been confirmed that there will be parrots in the PC game.

Quote: Originally posted by Sims VIP
Destructoid has a Pets Preview available to view, and guess what? Parrots have been confirmed in the PC version. There were not much details about the birds themselves and whether or not we will be able to create them, but I’m sure we will find out more soon.

It’s the Summer of the Sims and at the EA Summer Showcase, there were disc (Frisbee) catching dogs on hand to excite the crowd about Sims 3 Pets. Just like the title implies, this expansion adds pets to the core game that people have been clamoring for a while about.

In this expansion, you will get to play with a bunch of furry creatures and probably be able to build a room with no escape around them to watch them die. You’ll be able to choose from a cat, dog, and something exclusive on the PC version: horses.

I am glad to hear there is a new creature in the Sims 3 Pets, but I'm not sure if it will be a werewolf or not.

Also, not sure if this has been posted too, but on the official Sims 3 forums (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/406145.page) it looks like the release date will be October 25th.

I am not sure if this is the "official" release date or not though.

Sorry if I am posting things that have already been said.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#552 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 4:14 AM
Were-Gnomes would be interesting. >.>'
Lab Assistant
#553 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 5:13 PM
It's a possibility that we may have werewolves, I mean we have mummies and vampires, so it's possible. I hope the pets are less robotic compared to our little chubby virtual Sims, though. I've heard you can control them now or something? I think that would take away the realism a lot. At first I didn't like the pets in the Sims 2 to be uncontrollable, but looking back I can see it makes them more realistic and fun. Pets in real life, like on the Sims 2, are very unpredictable because we can't tell what they're thinking, so if they made them controllable I think it would ruin it, but that's just my opinion.
Instructor
#554 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 7:46 PM
I do hope for the werewolf. After the vampire in LN, I feel incomplete without the werewolf. I also hope to be more serious type of werewolf like the vampire in LN.

But from what I heard in thesims3.com forum, one of the SimGuru said the creature for TS3 Pets is completely new, never released before in TS1 and TS2.

So the werewolf or bigfoot is not one of them, although there are a dog that look like wolf in the trailer.

May be a shapeshifter as the creature. At least it can transform into a dog and assuming it as a werewolf.

Or Grim Reaper.......it make me curious. That is the only creature in the trailer.
Forum Resident
#555 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
I do hope for the werewolf. After the vampire in LN, I feel incomplete without the werewolf. I also hope to be more serious type of werewolf like the vampire in LN.

But from what I heard in thesims3.com forum, one of the SimGuru said the creature for TS3 Pets is completely new, never released before in TS1 and TS2.

So the werewolf or bigfoot is not one of them, although there are a dog that look like wolf in the trailer.

May be a shapeshifter as the creature. At least it can transform into a dog and assuming it as a werewolf.

Or Grim Reaper.......it make me curious. That is the only creature in the trailer.

You mean this post?

Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
All we've said so far is that there will be a special creature in Pets Keep checking back with us for news on what it is - we can't share just yet! RT @leebojitz: @SimGuruGraham will there be werewolves in the sims pets???

That's the only post I've seen for the creature. I think what he means is that there is another creature besides the cats, dogs, and horses. Right now, it's still vague on if the creature will be a werewolf or if it will be a new creature.

If you were referring to another post by SimGuru, do you mind posting it? I haven't been keeping up with the Sims 3 Pets news for the past couple of weeks and trying to find what information I missed.
Field Researcher
#556 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I haven't been keeping up with the Sims 3 Pets news for the past couple of weeks and trying to find what information I missed.

Am I the only one that's been stalking this thread like a fan girl?
Forum Resident
#557 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 9:19 PM
i disagreed, cos no, you are not.
i find myself checking this thread for new posts as soon as i get online, hoping for some info.
Test Subject
#558 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 10:52 PM
I bet it will be a werewolf. EA isn't overly original with the Sims. That's okay I like Werewolves. Very excited about horses. I wasn't expecting that.
Theorist
#559 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 3:33 AM
Quote:
The Sims 3: Pets on the Xbox 360 will even include some handy voice activated controls. It makes perfect sense to be able to exclaim “Sit!”, “Roll over!” and “Cook me some eggs!” to your pet (you laugh but your pets can actually make your Sims breakfast now).

http://nzgamer.com/ps3/previews/946...ims-3-pets.html Okay then...

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#560 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:23 AM
I only update the list for PC. While the stuff on the list is nice, EA seems to be avoiding the PC version like the plague. I am displeased, but I'll wait.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#561 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 7:21 AM
No bulldogs or corgis?

FUUUUUUUUUUU-
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#562 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 7:22 AM
You can make you own, I'm sure.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#563 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 11:03 AM
Quote:
The Sims 3: Pets on the Xbox 360 will even include some handy voice activated controls. It makes perfect sense to be able to exclaim “Sit!”, “Roll over!” and “Cook me some eggs!” to your pet (you laugh but your pets can actually make your Sims breakfast now).

Well, I hope voice activated controls on Sim pets is less buggy than voice activated controls on RL cats.
Forum Resident
#564 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Well, I hope voice activated controls on Sim pets is less buggy than voice activated controls on RL cats.

LOL! I know right? What were the developers thinking? We demand a better voice interface for RL cats!

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
#565 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 1:08 PM
yay~! I've been wanting a little kitty for my sim self. I'm more of a cat person anyways. X3
Field Researcher
#566 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 9:49 PM
I wonder if there's any more Easter Eggs in Generations that would give us clues as to upcoming stuff in Pets? I know that in Ambitions there's a hanging bat under the trampoline (alluding to Late Night and vampires) and in Generations there's a paw print on the back of the baby gnome. I also saw something about a picture that your Sim kids can bring back from a field trip from the Graveyard that possibly alludes to a new ghost type (green with black in the center). Maybe even something in the game files?
Scholar
#567 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 10:16 PM
It will be damn awesome if we get shapeshifters. Centaurs would be interesting too, but I can't imagine how they would manage to make it playable. It could be an feature of the shapeshifters, thou.
Inventor
#568 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 10:21 PM
Green with black in the center sounds like it might mean flies or disease. Though, Sims 3 doesn't really get flies on their plates, right? Don't they just get the smelly green vapors? My sims don't usually keep gross dishes around so I've never really noticed flies. Disease would be great, though! I miss curing my sims with Mom's Chicken Soup and the contagious nature of it all. It was kinda fun.
Field Researcher
#569 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 11:10 PM
I'd think it more likely that it's the ghost version of whichever occult we get this time, like how vampire ghosts are red with black in the center.. or vice versa, I can't really remember right now.
Lab Assistant
#570 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
Green with black in the center sounds like it might mean flies or disease. Though, Sims 3 doesn't really get flies on their plates, right? Don't they just get the smelly green vapors? My sims don't usually keep gross dishes around so I've never really noticed flies. Disease would be great, though! I miss curing my sims with Mom's Chicken Soup and the contagious nature of it all. It was kinda fun.

There are flies. After about two days if you miss a plate. I've had some go missing while parties happened and didn't notice it til two days later.
Field Researcher
#571 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
It will be damn awesome if we get shapeshifters. Centaurs would be interesting too, but I can't imagine how they would manage to make it playable. It could be an feature of the shapeshifters, thou.

Shapeshifters would be pretty cool! Centaurs, ehh. Not so much. Sorry!

I do think that the green ghost with the black in the center could be the ghost of a new occult, though the disease thing is also possible. Maybe death by rabies? Maybe it's the ghost of a werewolf/shapeshifter, though I don't know why they'd be green.

AAAGH I wish we could know more! I wish we could get at least a small hint on the occult and the new town!
Test Subject
#572 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin

It would be cool to have shapeshifters. Werewolves would be so damn awesome. Especially if it would around the neighborhood and attack random people on the streets or in the park, or possibly a person walking alone at night(reminds me of something from Buffy) haha. Wonder if they actually decided to have them that werewolves can bite certain sims, like teens and children(maybe some Teen Wolf) :D? Little sim children shapeshifters would be sort of fun, but creepy XD. Hopefully EA will be right with this expansion pack and not screw it up like many others(:
Instructor
#573 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 5:26 AM Last edited by van Dorn : 14th Jul 2011 at 8:29 PM.
Well I was thinking plants make sense for the green, but plants would be a horrible occult for Pets. It simply wouldn't make sense. I really would like shapeshifters.

Edit: Kiwi_tea just fixed everything. There probably will not be plant ghosts. Again EA: SHAPESHIFTERS! And I took a look at some game code once, and I saw the following: Sim, Cat, Horse, Dog, Small Dog. So I guess there are two kinds of dogs, but everything else is the same.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#574 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyofanclub
yay~! I've been wanting a little kitty for my sim self. I'm more of a cat person anyways. X3

It's so sad, I've already planned out what traits I'll give my in cats Generations when it comes out! The first thing I did was sit here thinking of what traits all the cats I've ever owned have had. I always love doing that because even childhood pets lost long ago can live on in the game.

Yes, I'm a crazy cat lady. :p
Retired
retired moderator
#575 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 7:33 AM
That poster isn't a new ghost. It's a drowned ghost with green behind it. Some people just see what they want to see.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Locked thread
Page 23 of 100