Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Guardian Of Forever UPDATE

by xanathon Posted 12th Apr 2005 at 8:40 PM - Updated 23rd May 2006 at 12:33 PM by xanathon

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 9:06 AM
Not a problem, i am planning on having it by the end of the week end. Thank you so much for your reply, I didn't see the thread the other night. Thanks!
Alchemist
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 1:45 PM
Wow is this cool!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 2:56 PM
I did a rework: The filesize is a lot smaller and you do not need the EP anymore. I also reduced the polycount, but it still has around 3500 vertices, sorry about that, still working on it (if anyone knows an object tool that is able to reduce object triangles, please let me know).

Download is found in the first post of this thread. Please report, if the new version works for you.

Thanks.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Scholar
#29 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 3:28 PM
Hey Xanathon, I PMed you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:44 PM
Something strange just happened and I wanted to tell: I reduced the polycount of this object to about 800 polys and after that (!) Sims 2 switched the textures to low-detail! How freaky is that?

So I guess there is more about it, than just polycount...

happy simming,
Xanathon

.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:04 PM
I suppose, there could be a particle of pre-animate matter, caught in the matrix.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 7:34 PM
Loaded and played yesterday, looks fantastic. THANK YOU. I see someone has requested a shuttlecraft, she wants it to be a replacement vehicle. I was thinking that, but it would also be good to have it sitting in your own driveway. What do you think?
Scholar
#33 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 2:10 PM
rwjp, It would be cool as a NPC Car too. Especially for Career. I'm working on a Star Fleet Career Right now ^.^ I'll have up within a few weeks now that my classes over
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 8:30 PM
now im no Fancy Sims Modder - but why is there that enormous unbutton-ness down the shirt? the uniforums arent suposed to have that. as i said, i dont know how to do this magic skinning stuff - but it would be great if someone could fix that.

I love your idea rjwp, and Rythela. perhaps eventually there will be enough objects and skins to make it almost basically a star trek game! with LCARS interface panels on the walls and starfleet acadamy next door and food replicators! OOOH OOOH! FOOD REPLICATORS! that would be sweeeeeet.
No one but xanathon and the people who made the stuff from the links he gave us seem to be interested in making star trek stuff or seem to be working on it period. i would think more sim-ers would be interested in star trek.
when i finally get some time, i should look into skinning some more and try it myself. but i dont think i could make objects.
....I seem to be rambling.
sorry.
ill stop now.
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 5:09 PM
WoW
Nicccce! :bump:
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 8:43 AM
Cooooooool!!!
You guys are the greatest. I didn't have 1/10th as much fun with the SIMs1 as I am with 2. Still haven't bought the UNI EP yet, but working on it.
Thanks soooo much,
Devoted Fan
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th May 2005 at 1:33 AM
Hello again!!
I finally have University, and wouldn't you know, the first thing I am doing is making Star Fleet Academy. hehe. I absolutley love the Gaurdian, I put it under the Cloister column I have from this site, and it's the center piece of the garden. Thanks sooooo much, once again.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th May 2005 at 7:37 PM
Another update: I reduced the polycount to about 2100, the new object (rar) can be found in the first post of this thread.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:11 AM
Wow! Looks great, but now my Sim's in some sort of weird city with old-fashioned cars. :argh:

Not to worry, though. He met this really pretty woman who runs some sort of shelter in town. I'm pretty sure he doesn't really want to leave. :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th May 2005 at 8:36 AM
sr383: It is of crucial importance for the timeline, that he does not rescue her from a car accident! :D

More ST-objects to come! (If the timeline stays unaltered!) :borg:

happy simming,
Xanathon

Field Researcher
#41 Old 15th May 2005 at 11:48 AM
dude, there is no end to the ways in which you rock, is there????
Scholar
#42 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 3:40 PM
Thank you - this is great!
Inventor
#43 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:42 AM
This is absolutely spectacular! Does it do anything, or does it just look cool? Either way, awesome job. You got the shape spot-on!
Instructor
#44 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 8:25 PM
I vaguely remember someone making a Stargate for Sims2 where you could use it like a car and visit community lots? You could find that and maybe mod it to fit this?
Page 2 of 2