Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 7:15 AM
Default Refreshing a recolorable object's graphic
How do you refresh an object's model such that it maintains the color selection? If I call Refresh (graphic), it turns into the default color. If I then go over it with the design tool, it changes to what it was (without charging €15). Refresh seems to be good only for non-recolorable objects.

Also where does the name in the "mesh group" text list 0x87 come from? Some simple objects don't have this resource, while others have one entry. If I wanted to create this file with a valid name, where could I look? The "mesh group" seems to be required to use the Change Material instruction.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 2:14 PM
From what I've seen, the mesh group STR is used with items like displays, clothes racks, etc., where it has a full/empty state. The values in that STR come from the GMDC, the mesh subset names.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 1:12 AM
I found it.

I needed to fix bushes. They sometimes showed the leaves and flowers stretched near the ground. After I created a file with the name of the "mesh group", this doesn't happen anymore when refreshed with 6D "Change Material". Seemed like the leaves were drawn on the shadow portion. But strange that it happened sometimes and not always. These bushes were not recolorable, but I figured they could maybe be made to be.

shrub4_foliage
shrubhydrangea_foliage
shrubcreepingphlox_main

6D
00000000000A00000A0000FFFF000000

How do you make something recolorable that isn't? I tried to install a Urinal mod, I still couldn't "design" the object.
https://modthesims.info/d/151626/ur...-recolours.html
https://modthesims.info/d/449398/no-recolor-flush.html

I know all about it getting dirty now. The question is how to access those colors in the first place.