Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 2:40 PM
Default Stop sims from cheating
is there a mod that stops my sims from cheating on each other autonomously? its ruining my game story
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:53 PM
I am pretty sure it was either Woohooer or NRAAS Story Progression that let me poke around and discover settings to prevent flirts between a partnered sim and someone who is not their partner, but I think @igazor would be the one to answer this. I've just discovered that by now I have so many NRAAS mods that I'm mixing them up.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 4:13 PM Last edited by igazor : 28th Sep 2017 at 4:18 AM.
Much, although admittedly not all, of this kind of sim behavior tends to be trait-related.

But correct, many of us use both StoryProgression and Woohooer together to handle these things. They both do many other things than just keep sims faithful, so the player would have to decide if they want the overhead and learning curves of StoryProgression (which many of us feel is worth it for other reasons) and have Woohooer to work with (it's really a romance manager) in order to get things to function as we think they should.

There will still be some unwarranted flirts now and again, sims are what (who) they are, but settings can be arranged so that for the most part faithful sims will stay faithful...more or less.

When talking about "our own sims" acting out autonomously though, does this mean the active household? Sure, settings can be arranged but it's really up to the player to allow or disallow what our sims think they want to do. Perhaps Free Will needs to be turned down a little?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 4:30 PM
I learn to not get your camera there when your sims are cheating while you are playing on another household. I remembered how my 1st sim on my 1st save married a woman who is a... how shall I put it... too charming for her own good? I remembered when I am playing on other households, she went around flirting with pretty much everyone in Sunset Valley.One time, after I installed Generations, I saw her took her granddaughter to the park & there she was trading flowers with this office drone & the granddaughter was just standing there being like "Oh my god, granny!" Well to be fair, my sim made Ambrosia so his wife is a perpetual 18 yr old while he's in his 40s or something...
Shit, my sims life is just as sad as my real life!

Well, the reason being if you don't put your camera there, the game wouldn't remember it. If you immediately switch your household to stop your sim from cheating, that thing is instantly recorded in the game.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:20 PM
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:52 PM
Hi! Here's a mod for that http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102 (Its the purity one)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lemocirrusal
Hi! Here's a mod for that http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102 (Its the purity one)

I've always been confused as to the intent of Purity version of that mod. It applies a -200 to the attraction score for sims who have the Faithful and Eternally Faithful moodlets, which would make them not very attractive to anyone including their own partners should the attraction score ever subsequently get recalculated. Do you find that your sims lose their attractions to their partners as well as to everyone else with that one in play or is that not really the case?

Admittedly, it may be NRaas Woohooer that keeps triggering the score recalcs so this might turn out to be a total non-issue for those not using the mod together with Woohooer.