Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:55 AM
Default GEOM format (simgeom) help needed
Hi,

I am encountering issues trying to find documentation on the GEOM file, more specifically for CASpart (hair).
Can anyone direct me to some documentation on how to export a 3d mesh into a working GEOM format ?
I already run the binary template on a geom file but it's not helping much.
Can anybody help, or direct me to some documentation ?

Thank you so much in advance. ❤
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 2:29 PM
GEOMs for hair are the same as for any other clothing or accessory. What are you trying to do? What kind of documentation are you looking for? If you have the BT that's the official resource description. Running it on a GEOM will show you the mesh data. If you're looking for ways to convert another type of mesh into a GEOM, try CAS Tools. It will export meshes from a package as MS3D, OBJ, and DAE, has some standalone mesh conversions, and will take an MS3D, OBJ, or DAE mesh and convert it to GEOM.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4