Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#20301 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
In The Sims 3 your sim could cook anything (that did not require special ingridients) as long as your sim had money, it just dissapeared from your sims funds.
You could go grocery shopping, but it was just a rabbithole and a menu.

Why would you need to go grocery shopping if just simply cooking deducts from your funds? Seems like a moot chore.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20302 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shc
Why would you need to go grocery shopping if just simply cooking deducts from your funds? Seems like a moot chore.

Because some of us want to play a life simulation. Shopping is kind of part of that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#20303 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 11:53 AM

Why do you make your sims eat and sleep when you can use maxmotives?
Lab Assistant
#20304 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Because some of us want to play a life simulation. Shopping is kind of part of that.

Kind of the point I was making. Going to the fridge and finding food magically there just because I have the money for it is not simulating life.

Quote: Originally posted by Edero
There will never be a water theme SP beacuse SP is a STUFF pack not an expansion.
Maybe pools will be in seasons or in a island theme expansion.

Dude I know what a SP is. I still reckon a pool can be put in a STUFF pack.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20305 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:00 PM
Oh sorry - mistook your meaning there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#20306 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:01 PM
*puts on tinfoil hat* So this is NOT just some backdrop plopped into Willow Creek! Ooh what is it, I want to know... I'll lose it if they've made so much themed items and shown big themed scenes to tease, and not have made a second world.
My heart aches because of that non-functional tram and steamboat, so I can't take it if this 'world' is also just some fake thing.

Alchemist
#20307 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:02 PM
Why would EA put so much work into making cactuses and that dinosaur and a desert ground if nothing of it will be included?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#20308 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:02 PM
Because it'll be DLC, of course.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#20309 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:09 PM

Dude I know what a SP is. I still reckon a pool can be put in a STUFF pack.

Oh! Ok,then.
Expansion is better
Instructor
#20310 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Because it'll be DLC, of course.

You can see a cactus in the build mode trailer in section: gardening I think.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#20311 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edero
You can see a cactus in the build mode trailer in section: gardening I think.

You can see in the official videos showing build mode:
-cacti
-red sand terrain paints
-all those Spanish-themed architectural stuff
And we've seen many Spanish-themed houses.

So because they aren't being totally secretive about it, I'm convinced that this will be world available as registration DLC. *takes off tinfoil hat* Why would they otherwise bother to include so much specific themed stuff in the base game?
Instructor
#20312 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
So because they aren't being totally secretive about it, I'm convinced that this will be world available as registration DLC.

Like Riverview?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#20313 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:33 PM
Yes, exactly like that, hopefully.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20314 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:40 PM
Yeah I bet it will be like Riverview, already available in a short time of the game release.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#20315 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:45 PM
Those gurus are dirty liars!

2 Weeks ago they all say "We're working only on base game right now, no plans for future DLC", "There is only 1 world at TS4 base game."
There it is, the "day-1 DLC" that did leaked on that linkedin profile?

It's frustrating how they deny everything despite the fact the information already leaked.

To known is, if this "Desert World" will be Free in a act to fight back Piracy so it's awarded to who register it's Sims 4 copy.
Instructor
#20316 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxBacon
Those gurus are dirty liars!

2 Weeks ago they all say "We're working only on base game right now, no plans for future DLC", "There is only 1 world at TS4 base game."
There it is, the "day-1 DLC" that did leaked on that linkedin profile?

It's frustrating how they deny everything despite the fact the information already leaked.

To known if this "Desert World" will be Free in a act to fight back Piracy so it's awarded to who register it's Sims 4 copy.

Maybe they keep it as a surprise?
Test Subject
#20317 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:47 PM
In fact they never said "there is only one world in The Sims 4" ... but they said "for the moment we announced only Willow Creek"
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20318 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:49 PM
Any chance you can change your first line to something slightly less confrontational MaxBacon?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#20319 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by F@bry
In fact they never said "there is only one world in The Sims 4" ... but they said "by the time we announced only Willow Creek"

And they've also said that the Base Game ships with only one world; Willow Creek. They are being very careful with their words.
Test Subject
#20320 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:01 PM
Here's the twitter of SimGuruRusski where clearly says "We have only announced Willow Creek for the moment"

https://twitter.com/SimGuruRusskii/...090897457618944

She did not say that Willow Creek is the only world of The Sims 4!

EDIT: Also SimGuruRiley said "we have only announced willow creek...."

https://twitter.com/SimGuruRiley/st...090243397861378
Theorist
#20321 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Naa, I post when/where I please. I've started typing out a few responses here recently, but I keep getting this mental image of the forum goers as a pack of ravenous hyenas (not that I blame you for wanting answers) and me being a chunk of meat and find myself pressing the back button on the browser. Making a drive by post to answer one particular question feels like it would be counterproductive and just annoy people. Answers are coming to some of the larger questions people have been asking, but I won't ever be the one commenting before we've officially communicated it. I have made a note to answer some people's questions from here via twitter though - I keep an eye out.

There is no excuse for a person to act like a ravenous hyena, but some of the things go on from your side of the issue are not excusable either.

Not everybody that plays this game is a kid. Some of us are adults and as adults, it would be nice see adult responses to problems. i.e- All the bad information via magazines and the like. I understand you're a busy guy making a game, but as a adult and producer, it wouldn't hurt if you put a bug in PR's ear about the junk information that is making it's way around the community. People are going to spread rumors and there is nothing EA can do about that. The community itself will weed out the trouble makers but if you ( and others in your position) are simply going to apply a deaf ear to the bad information that is published, you're not doing yourself any favors and you can't have it both ways.

I've heard people equate You Tube comments to that of a cesspool. When gurus take to sarcasm to Twitter because they are tired, annoyed, didn't have enough coffee yet or whatever, that doesn't help matters either, especially when it is obvious that the sims community itself has spending a lot of time in angry mode.

Not telling you what to do Graham, but some of this stuff could toned down. Once upon a time EA did believe in communication with the community. I'm not sure where that mentality went, but it would go far to get it back. If there is a problem with something that was supposed to be in the game, instead of playing the "No comment' game, just say that there is a problem. If you're honestly trying to fix the problem, then say you're working on it. People are going to hound you about what the problem is, but that is nature of the beast.

I like you, but I'm not buying the victim stuff....
Inventor
#20322 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:08 PM
My favorite thing about that picture of the desert town is the guy who looks like Wolverine in a sweater.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Field Researcher
#20323 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by F@bry
Here's the twitter of SimGuruRusski where clearly says "We have only announced Willow Creek for the moment"
She did not say that Willow Creek is the only world of The Sims 4!

That in a tweet, in a video interview from that E3 Booth i remember one Guru reply about The Willow Creek is the world that will ship with the game!

There's no point on discussing this, Gurus said to many things that it's just not possible to achieve any clear information.
That and for several times already we saw one guru Denying what other guru said previously.
Alchemist
#20324 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:12 PM
Remember: we are customers and pay their salary, we should have high standards.
Test Subject
#20325 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:16 PM
Also SimGuruRiley said "we have only announced willow creek...."

https://twitter.com/SimGuruRiley/st...090243397861378

Quote: Originally posted by MaxBacon
That in a tweet, in a video interview from that E3 Booth i remember one Guru reply about The Willow Creek is the world that will ship with the game!

There's no point on discussing this, Gurus said to many things that it's just not possible to achieve any clear information.

"Willow Creek is the world that will ship with the game" ... because it is not the truth? But they have not said is the only world ... have not said Willow Creek is the only world of The Sims 4 (Base Game)
Locked thread
Page 813 of 817