Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Camera Mod 3.1 -- All Game Versions --

by GunMod Posted 19th Oct 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2009 at 7:55 AM by -Maylin-

611 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 545 Feedback Posts, 65 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 25
Forum Resident
#226 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 11:40 PM
yes, actually there is... inside the .rar or .zip file you will find a number of .txt files. These files go into your My Documents/EA Games/Sims2/Cameras folder. The .txt file you want for only the neighborhood view would be (easily enough) NeighborhoodCamera.txt. I find that the other camera improvements are rather worth having, even if only to be able to get a really close look at things in the game.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
yes, actually there is... inside the .rar or .zip file you will find a number of .txt files. These files go into your My Documents/EA Games/Sims2/Cameras folder. The .txt file you want for only the neighborhood view would be (easily enough) NeighborhoodCamera.txt. I find that the other camera improvements are rather worth having, even if only to be able to get a really close look at things in the game.

Thank you so much! Just easier for me to manage this way.
Field Researcher
#228 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 3:29 PM
Well, fiddle sticks. I sure did love this Mod while it worked. I have reinstalled this twice after installing FFS and its just not working. So far, I really regret getting FFS. I haven't used any of the new stuff that came with it, and its screwing up good mods. What is going on here? Does FFS cause the game to change altered camera files back to what they originaly started out as or what?
Forum Resident
#229 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 5:22 PM
I believe that the camera folder is regenerated after each new expansion pack, and FFS is acting like one. So short answer -- yes.

How odd that this mod won't work after a reinstall though. It works with Open for Business and FFS does not, I've been told, alter any game code that OFB, NL, and University does not change already. I don't have it though; perhaps my source was wrong?

I'm glad I left FFS on the shelf.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 11:59 AM
well I've got all expansion packs and add ons and a great deal of hacks and mods so I'll let you know what happens when i use it hopefully nothing bad
BTW gunmod I adore your lighting hack if this is anything like that then I'm going to be a very happy person. Great work -kirsty

My sim stories
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 3:37 PM
Well i can say that this mod works perfectly with all of the expansion and add on packs and its brilliant.
Also works with all the hacks and other mods I have (I don't have inseminator so I don't know about that)
thank you so much gunmod (and i downloaded GCM-31-A.rar)
and i can't say this enough thank you perfect for getting those pics for story telling -kirsty

My sim stories
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#232 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 8:17 AM
Hello! I just downloaded this mod, and am unclear about the Neighborhood Camera option. Is it always "stuck" on top-down view? I would like to view my neighbourhood at a angle, and have tried to hold down the wheel while moving up and down, sideways and in circles; however, I cannot seem to get it to work. I was just wondering if the option to tilt the camera in this manner is even available? If not, could you *please* make one?!?! For this you shall have my eternal gratitude! :lovestruc

Many Thanks!
Field Researcher
#233 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 7:17 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give this one a 75 :-)

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Test Subject
#234 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 7:45 PM
Hey peep, Just Adding, you can press + and - to change the perspective (Ortographic <> Wide) of the camera when in free camera mode (TAB key)
Test Subject
#235 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 2:35 PM
Thanks!
This is the first time I've tried a camera mode and I have to say, it's absolutely great! I love it! I'm so glad we (the sims community) have people like you that can do mods/hacks (and everything else that is created) that improve on game play. Thanks again!!!
Test Subject
#236 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 8:51 PM
Yay thanks this is AMAZING!!!
Test Subject
#237 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 7:40 PM
Thankyou So much Gunmod!!

But I have a problem I hope someone can fix!! In nieghbor hood view, the Oceans "eat" The land around it! and the sky and the oceans are just solid blue! The Ponds also look wierd in houses and lots, like black pits. everything works when I take this mod out, but I really love it, but the water problems look so darn horibble, I'm hoping someone can help me!! Please and thankyou!!

........................ woo....hoo ........................
~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#238 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 9:05 PM
That happens with all such hacks. It's something in the game's coding in some eps. Which eps do you have?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#239 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 2:24 AM
I have all 3 EP's plus Holiday. Do you know if it can be fixed, or worked around? Does this mean that it would work if I didn't have the EP's?

Thanks Jaxad!! Your a great help!!

Field Researcher
#240 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 2:48 AM
Thank you SO much for this Mod!
It. Is. My. GODSEND.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#241 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 3:08 AM
I'll have to check again, but I haven't seen this problem in a while.

Test Subject
#242 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 3:30 AM
Thankyou!! :D

Lab Assistant
#243 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 1:33 AM
This hack has proved to be one of my all time favorites. Thanks for this.

Sims 2
The only reason Windows is on my PC.
Test Subject
#244 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 6:26 PM
Okay, I have only posted a few posts here at MTS2, since I'm mostly at InSIMenator.net, but I've discovered such great news that I just had to share!

For those of you who are having problems with FFS and this camera mod, there's a very simple way to fix this:
Go to your EA Games\Ths Sims 2\Cameras folder, hightlight all of the camera files, right-click on one of them and click "Properties." Then, check "Read-only" on the attributes of the files and click "OK." Done!
Since for some odd reason that FFS partially resets the camera files, this makes it so that they can't be reset.

Happy Simming!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#245 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 6:29 PM
Just be sure to undue that before you install a new ep/sp.

Test Subject
#246 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 10:11 PM
Wow Thank you.. My hero! Can My Sim marry yours? is that Icon really you... *druels shamelessly*
Happy Simming

I will Always be Me
Always Holly
Field Researcher
#247 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SkyGuy15
Okay, I have only posted a few posts here at MTS2, since I'm mostly at InSIMenator.net, but I've discovered such great news that I just had to share!

For those of you who are having problems with FFS and this camera mod, there's a very simple way to fix this:
Go to your EA Games\Ths Sims 2\Cameras folder, hightlight all of the camera files, right-click on one of them and click "Properties." Then, check "Read-only" on the attributes of the files and click "OK." Done!
Since for some odd reason that FFS partially resets the camera files, this makes it so that they can't be reset.

Happy Simming!

THANK YOU! I have been so mad since I installed FFS and the camera hack got reverted. I soooo dislike the default cameramode by Maxis. Now my simmies can be photographed like I want, not like Maxis wants! :D

If I build it they will come

SimsEstates
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 4:31 AM
Thanks a lot since GunMod's dissappearance from The Sims 2, I'm glad we were able to find someone else to help out, anyway. Thanks again, lol. Now I can finally do my newscasts correctly without this stupid Free camera moving incredibly fast. Saves a lot of time as well I'll try it tonight.

-Vlad

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
Forum Resident
#249 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 1:11 AM
How did I miss this last year? This will really help me with story telling. You are awsome! :D

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 9:35 PM
I have been using this for almost a year now with no problems (love the mod!) But I'd like to report that I think it is *not* compatible with Glamour Life. I uninstalled all hacks & mods, but when I reinstalled the cameras, they quit working... Is anyone else having trouble?
Page 10 of 25