Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Camera Mod 3.1 -- All Game Versions --

by GunMod Posted 19th Oct 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2009 at 7:55 AM by -Maylin-

611 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 545 Feedback Posts, 65 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 25
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 1:09 AM
I had no idea how important this mod was to my game until it was gone when I last played it.
I tried to get close to the floor-- but nothing happened! I couldn't select some of my houses from the neighborhood! I gave up on taking pictures of a Sim of mine for a contest.
This is one of the few things that are, as it turns out, absolutely vital to my game. Thank you very much for making it.
Test Subject
#277 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:36 AM
dumb question i am having an issue with my computer how do i remove the camera
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 5:01 PM
doesnt work for me neither ..I have glam life aswell ..
please can somebody tell me how I can make it work??? I really want that camera again!
Test Subject
#279 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 12:39 AM
Thanks for this, great mod, downloaded this before when I was using another user name. Thing I find annoying is that Maxis plants all kinds of flora and fauna all over the 'hood and it can't all be removed, all hail to you
Test Subject
#280 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 1:32 AM
Great mod, thanks for the hard work!
Test Subject
#281 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 11:16 PM
This looks really awesome and I can't get it to work for me... it works in the neighbourhoods, but when I'm trying to load a family on a lot, it just keeps loading and loading. I don't understand why, is it just taking an incredibly long time to load?
Is there any way I can just have it working in the lots, as that's the only place I really want it?

Oh & I just have Uni & the Festive Holiday Pack.
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 2:44 AM
How do I backup the files again? How do I use WinZIP or WinRAR?
Test Subject
#283 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 5:18 PM
Thanks, man! This is the third time I've been back to download this. It is now one of the first things I look for when installing Sims 2 on new computers. Can't play without it! It should work great on my newest one. I'll let you know if anything unexpected happens.
Test Subject
#284 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 9:58 PM
I'm sure this works better for desktop with mouses. I use a labtop so it really wasn't working great for me. The zoom would get stuck and I had to use the keyboard to bring it back.
It's a really fantastic zoom though.
Test Subject
#285 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 10:14 PM
Well update.
I tried the "C" version. And it works much better for me than the "A" version.
Test Subject
#286 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:06 PM
Hey GunMod! Love you mod's but seem to be having abit of trouble with the neighborhood cam not working with pets, or at least on my end, worked fine with the pervious versions but not sure why not this one, tried reinstalling everything, but still not working right, any known compatability troubles with other mods or hacks that I am missing?
Test Subject
#287 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 2:23 PM
I hope this works with Seasons!
Field Researcher
#288 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:11 AM
I've had no problems with the new ep (seasons) I use the "A" version. And swear by it.

Although I had a question (if this thread is still active) I absolutely love this mod and I also use it over & over again each time I install a new ep. Anyways, I make some pretty large castles 6-7 floors (maybe more) and I like to take pictures after completion but am not able to get the whole castle in view. Anyone have any suggestions:
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:19 PM
A note worth mentioning on this <i>brilliant</i> hack: whenever you install a new EP, the mod seems to be reverted back to Maxis'.
Test Subject
#290 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:30 PM
Yes, I have had to reinstall it after every new EP.
Test Subject
#291 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 2:25 PM
Hmm...I did and it does not work for me. Oh man.
Field Researcher
#292 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 5:37 PM
Hey, just wanted to say thanks. These cameras are a bit beyond my simming powers usually. I just wanted the better neighborhood view. So I opened up your zipfile and just put that one in. Works like a charm. Also, it is really really great of you to have the maxis one also available for download.
(I have all expansions)
Test Subject
#293 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 2:43 AM
AwesomE!
Field Researcher
#294 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 8:48 PM
Magnificent
Thank you, GunMod' I’m really jazzed about trying out your Gun Mod’s Camera.
I went with GCM-31-A.RAR : because you } prefer this version.
What is so terrific about you gunmod is the extraordinary fact you have made it
possible to try out different version of your camera.
You must be quite knowledgeable in the understanding of `Maxis game functions.
Again - Thank you so very much`

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
#295 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 7:52 PM
This is great. I love it.

However, I was wondering if there's any way to, or if you know any way I could change the controls for tilting the camera up and down. For some reason I am unable to use the standard "click middle button/mouse wheel" and move mouse. It was the same with the original cameras. I'd be very happy if you could help me.

-

"There's always a ninja hiding in the closet."
...and sometimes in the Mail.

>>>Inventor of the Mail-order assassin.<<<
Test Subject
#296 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:21 PM
I had this downloaded before & had to format my system. I redownloaded it today with seasons installed & it makes my game crash. I really like it alot & I was hoping for an updated version? Any thoughts on when it may be out, if at all? Thanks again & I hope theres a compatible version soon!
Test Subject
#297 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mylove61304
I had this downloaded before & had to format my system. I redownloaded it today with seasons installed & it makes my game crash. I really like it alot & I was hoping for an updated version? Any thoughts on when it may be out, if at all? Thanks again & I hope theres a compatible version soon!

I just did a clean install of all ( I think I have them all) the eps and the first custom thing I installed was this camera mod and it worked fine so perhaps your crash problem is due to something else or a combination of this mod and something else.
Test Subject
#298 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 8:30 PM Last edited by mrscrockett : 4th Apr 2007 at 1:52 AM.
Has anyone had any problems with this in Seasons? I'm curious because I had created a custom hood and when I went in, I was able to scroll sideways briefly, tried to zoom out and it wouldn't budge. It was like the hood was 'jumping' side to side by about an inch. I have no idea if this is a problem with the cameras or something else going on just figured I'd post here first.

My apologies if this has already been asked. I clicked to go to last page but apparently it didn't. I'm going to read the most recent posts and see if there is an answer there, but leave the original post in tact in case there isn't.

Ok to update for anyone else thats having trouble. I had been using version C. I changed to version A and its working perfectly for me now!
Test Subject
#299 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 12:19 PM
hi i just got seasons does this mod work with seasons?
thanks donna
Forum Resident
#300 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:18 PM
Gee, did you read the thread?

Some folks are having problems with seasons and some of them are not. Try using version A of the camera because it seems to work for most people. Or the C version that works for other people. There seems to be no clear pattern here. Otherwise you can follow the above advice and alter the "constrain" values to .20 each instead of the .35 that is default by going into the camera.txt files and searching for the line.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Page 12 of 25