Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Aging Manager

by Buzzler Posted 9th Jul 2011 at 11:50 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:57 PM by Buzzler

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:55 AM
Thanks for updating this! I love, love, love being able to age my sims separately.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:42 AM
Hi there! Just wondering if this mod is patched for Pets, I tried to suspend my human sims aging and change the household aging to sims 2 style, and my kittens and puppys didnt age at all over the course of a couple days. so either i've selected the wrong thing or its not up to date yet, im curious to know or perhasps when I suspended the humans aging it suspended the age household option? Is there an option to age certain sims in the household, suspend others, and also make sure the town doesnt age? Sorry for the questions!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#53 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:59 AM
@Jesswyn: It's code-compatible to Pets, but I don't have the EP myself, so there may be side effects I'm unaware of. Since pets are basically different-looking sims, it should work just the same for them, though. It should affect them just the same, too.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 8:04 PM
This is wonderful...my Sims are getting too old!
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 11:37 AM
Hi @Buzzler.
In case you would like to add some foreign translation (like Polish for example) to your mod. Here's are the Polish Strings.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#56 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 2:21 PM
Buzz, thanks for making this mod. I had a glitch, when I installed Pets, that knocked my Sims aging off. So some Sims aged to Elder before they were supposed to. I successfully aged them down to Adults and set their ages, (by guessing..cause I have no idea how the numbers figure out, lol)...but I managed to set their ages to something I was happy with. Thanks again, so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 3:13 PM
This is something i was looking for. Through my last play some time ago it bothered me that some npc's in sunset valley were just a few days away from aging and so it means that after creating my character they were already quite some years ahead. With this i can correct that. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 9:30 PM
I haven't played Sims 3 for a while and I always wanted to have my main guy live on while everyone else plays the game of life. Now with this mod, I can do just that!
And the best part is, it's hidden with the testingcheatsenabled!
You the boss Buzzler!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:12 AM
Is this mod going to be updated for Pets? I don't know if it even needs to be, but for some reason it doesn't really work in my game since the update. It doesn't do anything game breaking, but when I try to go into one of the options like "set aging for a selection of families" and it pulls up the menu with all the families in town, it freezes my game, every time. I've tried removing all other mods, but nothing seems to fix it. Any ideas? It may just be my game.
Original Poster
#60 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ayankeebell
Is this mod going to be updated for Pets?
I updated long ago. I can test it again later when I'm at my workstation, though. For now: can anyone confirm this?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:39 PM
*facepalm* I did indeed have an outdated version. I'll try the new one soon, but I'm sure that was the problem. Sorry about that.
Test Subject
#62 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:27 AM
Thanks Buzzler for this excellent mod.

It seems to work with Pets -- I've had no problems so far, at least.

I'd like to make one request, though: Please unblock aging down for all stages! I'm guessing that this may cause game issues, but you can just make a confirmation prompt that warns the user of the risk. It's such a shame that an experimental player isn't allowed to experiment at her own risk.

Please consider this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 9:59 PM
Hey Buzzler! I have an update on my issues. I've been using the updated version in my game for a few days now, and I'm actually still having the same issue. Whenever I pull up the "selection of families," "selection of sims," etc. menus, my game freezes before I get halfway down the list. I've also noticed that when I have it in my game, my game freezes much more often in general. I've also been getting a pop-up message in-game that says "Aging manager script error." That's one I hadn't seen before getting the updated version. Do you have any ideas about what's going on? My game's so glitchy it may just be a problem only I have... If it's important, I have not yet downloaded the most recent update/patch.

Thanks for all your help. You are AWESOME!
Original Poster
#64 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ulysse
I'd like to make one request, though: Please unblock aging down for all stages! I'm guessing that this may cause game issues{...}
Sorry, but I have to decline. At least for now. Apart from being really flaky, aging sims down the lower aging stages will almost definitely cause serious issues unless great care is taken to clean out data that is "illegal" for the non-adult stages. I understand and agree that aging down sims below YAs would be useful, but I can't implement such a feature with the needed care for the time being.

Quote: Originally posted by ayankeebell
I've also been getting a pop-up message in-game that says "Aging manager script error."
Please attach that script error here. You'll find it in your TS3 folder under Documents. Thanks.

Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 3:56 AM
I've attached the script error. It happened in-game four times before I removed the Aging Manager from my Mods folder, so I had four script error files, but they all seemed to be identical. Thanks again for your continued help.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ScriptError_localhost__12-14-2011__14-07-19__113AAEA5.txt (2.5 KB, 6 downloads)
Test Subject
#66 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 1:05 PM
You are by far one of the best creators on this sight.
Original Poster
#67 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:10 AM
@ayankeebell: Sorry for the late reply. The script error is caused by a bug in the game, located in the midlife crisis code. It also causes aging to malfunction, so I replaced some EAxian aging code in this mod to trap and show the error. This way at least all non-affected sims can still age. The mod goes on with the other sims instead of quietly choking on it like the vanilla game. I'm pretty sure the bug is not game breaking. So you can basically ignore the error and wait for EA to fix the actual cause for now.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 7:24 PM
Thanks Buzzler. That's a relief. I'm going to try using the mod again once I've updated my game to 1.29. Thanks again for a great mod!
Test Subject
#69 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 11:56 AM
Hi Buzzler, thanks for a great mod - it lets me play Highlander
I appear to be having some problem with it just now though - I can use the "reset sims aging state" perfectly well but the "suspend sims aging" doesn't seem to work. Either it just doesn't work and the age bar says "X days until aging up" or it goes to "never" then next time I check its back to "X days..." and my sims has been aging as normal.
I definitely have the latest version, and a fully patched game. I don't have any other aging mods.
Hope you can shed some light.
Original Poster
#70 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM
sidhe, are you sure the sim is actually aging? I'm not sure the info on the age bar is significant. It wasn't before. If you are sure, does it happen in a new game as well?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 11:37 AM
Buzzler, thanks for replying.
I was taking the counting down (up?) of days on the aging bar as an indication of aging...I'm not actually sure is the actual aging process was happening as I always used reset sims aging state before aging up. I'll test it further and let you know.
Thanks again.
Test Subject
#72 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 10:13 PM
Such a great idea and I was really hoping it would work for me, sadly it does not. I have the updated game (Pets) and updated mod but I'm not getting any of the options (and yes I'm using testingcheatsenabled true). Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 3:15 AM
There is a very high chance I'm just being inept, but lately I've been getting the error code 12 message every time I try to save, seriously all the time. This mod is the only non-Sims 3 store custom content I have installed. Is the problem with the mod? Or is it an in-game bug that EA has to fix? I've got WA, Ambitions, Fast Lane, Generations, and Town Life installed if that helps at all.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:02 AM
This mod seems awesome! :D
Is there a way that I could get it for 1.24? Or is that a big no-no..?
Original Poster
#75 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 9:31 AM
Beena0721, error code 12 means that the game runs out of memory. Mods don't cause it, because the amount of memory they require is very small. It's usually due to lots of CC or more EPs than the machine can handle.

Page 3 of 6