Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*100th Upload and 1st Year Creator Anniversary* Sims Random Aspect Generators

by Phaenoh Posted 18th Jul 2008 at 8:12 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:29 PM by Nysha

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 125 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Field Researcher
#76 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:13 AM Last edited by TashaFaun : 21st Jul 2008 at 3:28 PM.
Hmm for me the file types are icons not .png

EDIT: Found them on MATY. Thanks for the tip!
Test Subject
#77 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 5:31 AM
Awesome! No more rolling dice!

Thank you, thank you! And congrats on making staff!
Test Subject
#78 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 5:57 PM
This is amazing! Thank you!

(May I also thank you here for the rest of your creations that I've also downloaded? They are great. I particularly enjoy your catalog mods. Also, I've been following like a hawk your Medieval neighborhood [I play medieval
Sims myself] and I've found many of your ideas interesting.]

It's great that you included the turns on and turns off, too! It's perfect.

-Lurker!
Inventor
#79 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:32 AM
Happy anniversary!
Wow - that's great! I made a little program for random aspiration, that couldn't do anything else so thank you very much for that awesome program! It will be much needed.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 6:04 PM
Your second screen cap has a typo. It reads "Sims 2 Tansition to Teenhood Random Generator." I hope it's just the screencap and not the program. Figure it's something you probably want to fix, either way.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 4:16 AM
If its in the screenshot, is in the program. I'll fix it next time I do updates, prolly when AL comes out. Thanks for pointing it out to me!
Test Subject
#82 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 2:02 AM
I hate having a die floating around my computer desk for when I'm playing my legacy family... these generators are AWESOME!!!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 11:41 PM
What is this "Apocalypse Challange AnyGame"? Sounds interesting.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 10:11 PM
Test Subject
#85 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 3:27 PM
it's awesome...thanks!....great job!
Field Researcher
#86 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 2:22 PM
Congrats & all that.

I REALLY do love the programs because I'm one who tends to do things mostly the same so this will be really fun!

I noticed in the Family Generator that there is a lot of variety, however isn't there a requirement in CAS if you have kids that it's required to have an adult (elders do not qualify) be included in the family or you can't save? Or is this something that has finally changed? If this is too nitpicky, just ignore me. It's easy enough to just change one of the Sims to an adult. (I 'rolled' a family today that was just a single kid. I wish. lol)

Being OCD is great isn't it?
Doctor: Do you have any habits like washing your hands multiple times in a row, checking locked doors multiple times to make sure they are actually locked, or anything like that?
Me: No, not that I can think of.
Husband: Her blankets. Every night she has to have her blankets perfectly flat, no wrinkles, and one end always at the top or she won't sleep.
Me: I just have a very particular way of having my blankets... (and eating my sandwiches, and downloading every single thing I might ever need in any house and for families I've never made, and...)

I know it may be a small thing to you that the icons were added as well, but I almost literally cried. To most people it probably makes no difference whatsoever, but because I'm dyslexic it's on par to me as Numenor's lightening hack for epileptics, or the reversed game cursors for left handers that someone did. I tracked down the full set from MATY and now I can have unique icons for all my folders and whatnot on my desktop making it so I can actually find what I need without translating everything (reading and comprehending the text). It makes perfect sense to me to have the fire icon as the Trash Can, The T.V. for My Computer, the move out icon for my Sims 2 folder, and the Uni scroll as My Documents. There is no icon set that I better understand than the Sims icons, making this a MUCH needed addition to my computer. Plus I LOVE having unique collection icons more than I will ever use after I dumped the pngs from MATY into the collections folder.

Many, MANY thanks,

~Corsetcrush
Test Subject
#87 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 11:20 PM
This is AMAZING!!!! I will no longer be thwarted by indecision! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
And congratulations on everything, all of your work is so awesome and falls into my "essential mods - download these first!" category whenever I have to reinstall my game :D
Test Subject
#88 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 4:30 AM
Okay...I'm late, but happy 100th upload! I absolutely love your stuff. I've installed most of your default replacements.

I won't have much use for the random aspect generators, but the icons are awesome! Thank you for these!

~ttfn~
Test Subject
#89 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 10:44 PM
bloody brilliant! thank you.
Test Subject
#90 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 10:18 PM Last edited by qwertyuiop123456789 : 13th Oct 2008 at 2:01 AM. Reason: Answered my problem
:)
well, all i can say is the icons look wonderful (in the screenshots) but i can't use them, but congratulations on your 100th upload.

Sincerly,
You-Know-Who and me!

I just beheaded and dismembered a sentient creature not twenty yards from you. That doesn’t bother you?
Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 25, p.558
Test Subject
#91 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 1:12 PM
O
M
G
This is fabulous! I actually lost my dice and even rolling an online die is a pain in the butt! This is wonderful! It's late, but happy anniversary and thank you for such an awesome program!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by qwertyuiop123456789
But there is a flaw. I can't get the icons to work on my Windows Vista laptop! PLEASE HELP!! I really want the icons.
The icons work fine, the flaw is in the fact that you have Vista.
Field Researcher
#93 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 4:13 AM
This is probably one of the best downloads I have come across, hands down. This is an awesome alternative to the 6 sided die that is required for the Legacy challenge. I have used the Random Aspect Generator at least half a dozen times for my Legacy teens and it works flawlessly. Thank you so much, you are brilliant.
#94 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 7:00 AM
Thanks for the icons!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Field Researcher
#95 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 8:00 PM
Wow, I don't know how I missed this- thank you! And thanks for providing the link!

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#96 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 3:38 AM
Do you have any plans to update these two programs for Apartment Life and maybe Mansion&Garden (although it's supposed to be a stuff pack, it isn't.) to include the witch turn on/off? And what other turn on/offs there could be after FreeTime?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 4:40 AM
Yes I will eventually be updating this, but I have no idea when. Mansion and Garden is sold as a Stuff Pack but coded as an EP. After Numenor updates the AnyGame I will do testing to see if/how to include it here.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#98 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 7:12 AM Last edited by Chaavik : 4th Dec 2008 at 7:13 AM. Reason: I'm stupid at 1:30 AM not to include M&G comment
All right, Phaenoh. Thanks for the heads up. I think there was only one turn on/off for Apartment Life, and that's the witch turn on/off. I haven't seen anything yet since I just got M&G and remembered to check back here for updates.

And yes, I did say that. Sorry for any misunderstanding! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 7:18 PM
Awesome, thank you for sharing =D
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 2:34 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I use this all the freaking time. I have the HTML versions as I'm on a Mac (thank you SO much for including those! <3) and use the Grow Up generator on pretty much every Sim I play as, if I don't, I will always go for Knowlege aspiration. The family generator comes in very handy for Townie creation even if one doesn't play many challenges.

This is one of my favourite downloads and definitely one of my most-used ones. Thanks again! 8D
Page 4 of 6