Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 8:28 PM
Default Resizing lot with simpe?
When I change the width and length of the lot in my N002 File, I start the game but there are no lots whatsoever to click on.
Im trying to make the lot bigger than 6x5.
Am I doing something terribly wrong?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 8:30 PM
Quote:
Am I doing something terribly wrong?

Yes, you're trying to resize a lot using SimPE

Use Mootilda's Lot Adjuster instead. http://nene.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=282409

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 8:25 PM
You can't do it with SimPE. You need to use the LotAdjuster, found on this site if you just search for it. Largest lot size available is 6x6, largest usable is 6x5 as 10 tiles are taken up by the road.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 10:03 PM
is there a way to remove the limit of the lot adjuster?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 10:08 PM
Not without crashing your game. Believe me we tried it - we really wanted huge lots

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Site Helper
#6 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:32 PM
The 6x6 limit is imposed by the game itself, not by the LotAdjuster.

However, there may be another way to achieve your objective. Many people create several smaller lots and use the pseudo-rowhouse technique to make those lots look like one single building:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=286909

This works very well for community properties, since your sim can easily travel from one small lot to another. If you're trying to create a large residential lot, you might consider making a smaller residential lot surrounded by community lots, so that your sims can still travel to every lot in the group.

Alternatively, if you can live with the restrictions imposed by Sims Castaway Stories, this Sims game actually has a 10x10 lot. Unfortunately, the restrictions are pretty major, including not being able to create brand new lots, and having limited building options available.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies