Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 10:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Installing Simpacks: Any way to send them to my D: drive instead of C:?
I am installing sims 3 on my new machine that has a solid state C drive. I will have my mods folder on my D: drive. (This currently works for me with Sims 2)

Once I start installing the store content, I worry that everything will install on my C drive and clog it up. Is there any way at all to have simspacks install on the D drive? Since my documents is already in D:, will that "tell" the Launcher to install everything in D: instead of C:? I have a lot of store content and I want to know ahead of time what I'll need to do before I dive in and start installing.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:41 AM
If your Documents folder has been redirected to D at the Windows level and not just placed there (in which case you might have two of them), then without further redirects that is where your TS3 user game folder and its DCCache subfolder should be. The game doesn't or shouldn't really care which actual drive the Documents folder is on, as long as it can find it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 1:37 PM
I just finished installing my store worlds and noticed that! I had an irrational fear that sims3 packs were stored in the program files for some reason.