Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 6:13 PM
Default Recent Uni copies
I just finished installing UNI for the first time and when I tired to install the patch it said UNI was up to date. Do the recent copies of UNI come bug free and with the patch?
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 6:21 PM
I don't think so. Do you have any later EP's? Most of the times the patch is integrated in those new EP's.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 7:02 PM
No, this is the first expansion I've installed.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 2:32 AM
Really? Then I think you're right because I just installed a Uni patch and it patched my game without saying that it's "up to date". Good for you, then

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
#5 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:13 AM
Every time I install a ep it says mine are up to date, I didn't know if it is because I get them later however my pets one says that also and I don't think they have come out with a patch for that have they?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:30 AM
I get that, even when I reinstall. I always put the games & patches in in order, and every time I get the "your game is already up to date" message on that patch.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
#7 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaotic Bliss
Every time I install a ep it says mine are up to date, I didn't know if it is because I get them later however my pets one says that also and I don't think they have come out with a patch for that have they?

If there IS no patch, the game is up to date, now, isn't it? :P
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaotic Bliss

That message doesn't necessarily mean that there are no patches for your game though- it always tells me that my game is up to date also, however I have an early issue of the base game and the EPs. You still need to download the patches and apply them- the patch installer will soon tell you if you do not need the patch.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That message doesn't necessarily mean that there are no patches for your game though- it always tells me that my game is up to date also, however I have an early issue of the base game and the EPs. You still need to download the patches and apply them- the patch installer will soon tell you if you do not need the patch.

I download the patch, thats what tells me the game is already up to date on uni.....All the others update with the patches, but the uni patch always tells me my game is already up to date.....I don't understand....why does it only do it with the uni patch and none of the others?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 5:19 PM
The Uni patches are also included in the NL patch, so if you installed that then you do not need the Uni patch as well. Otherwise, it may be that you have a version of one of the other EPs which contains the Uni Updates.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 2:17 PM
I don't know about that.....I always install a ep and then its patch before i install the next ep and its patch, if you know what I mean, but I still get that message every time.