Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 5:04 PM
Default am I missing the thread? UNI
I did a search and could not find an answer

I downloaded a dorm, and I installed it to the download folder, but the dorm is not showing up... where does downloaded dorms go for the University?
Advertisement
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 5:13 PM
I didn't know it's even possible to have a custom dorm. O_o
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 5:29 PM
if that is the case why are there dorms in the download area of MTS2, or do they do some place else?
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 5:33 PM
It Is possible. If it comes in a Sims2pack file, did you unpack it? If you did, should be in the house bin.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:19 PM
I guess what I meant to say was I downloaded a dorm, then my sims UNI messed up, I packed my la feista college, with the sims2pack clean installer, but now when I install the packed college, ( i install it to the downloads folder) I do not see my lot, just wondering if the install is suppose to go to the downloads folder, or somewhere else, it is my wifes game, and I am trying to get it fixed for her..

Thanks
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:08 PM
Ah, well if you took the neighborhoods you want and restarted the game... adding them in, then you won't have any lots in the bin. If you kept the pack, it could be reinstalled... if not you may need to redownload.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 8:19 PM
this is what I did, I packaged up my college town, reinstalled University, now I want to put my college package back, like it was, but when I run the installer it tells me that the lots installed. But when I go to play the college, my packaged lots do niot show up, and there really is not an (that I could see) tutorial on packaging a N'hood and then running a unpackager.

Thanks for all your help
Site Helper
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 3:48 PM
Did you look in Teleport?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 3:53 PM
ok, I got my college town back, had to reinstall a backup I made on 12/13/06.

But here is a weird problem, ok, this is what I did.

in the game I packaged a lot..
went to install the lot but it was packaged as ranch retreat, but not as lotsegmentforupload, so when I install the lot, no matter where I put it, it does not show up..Now the question is does the lot have to be lotsegmentforupload, all the lots that I haver looked at are in that format, and if not, where do I put my lot "ranch retreat" so I can see it..It is occupied.

Thankls for all the help.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 8:18 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 11:10 PM
Thanks, but that is the problem I am having, everytime I packaged the lot, it never saves as a lotsegmentforupload, just saves with the name of the lot, which in this case is ranch retreat.

thanks, I guess I will keep looking for the answer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:05 AM
ok, here is a new question, is it possible to open SimPE clone a sim and save it to add to the family bin. and if so, what do I have to do to do it..In the mean time I qwill try to get it worked out myself...

Thanks

finally got all back but a lost boy.... wife is happy