Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:50 AM
Default Vampires and aging
Okay, so I love playing as Vampires in the Sims. Because I'm obsessed with Vampires (And now with Albert Wesker, because he kicks ass, and he is my secret father...Another time. LOL)

But here is my question, I know that when you are an adult Vampire, you never age, at all. You are like young for freaking ever. So if your Sim gets bitten as a teen, does he/she never age as well? Will they be like the girl from Interview with a Vampire, that never aged, at all?

Because honestly, that would be freaking cool...I think, :D

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:55 AM
As long as you don't send teen vamps to Uni then yes, they'll remain teenagers.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:59 AM
SHWEET! Vampire teens here I come Thank you, Darby. I want the oldest daughter to stick around and help her mother and father, because they are going to have a second child. Eva is so adorable..Ahem. Moving along, thank you, hun :D

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:00 AM
You're welcome. Have fun!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:05 AM
I always have fun, with the bagillion Vampires. And now everyone will live forever. MUAHAHA Pleasantville will never be the same >.>

Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:07 AM
You might want to download Inge's school changer and Flexi-school so that your vampire teen can do homeschooling. Because vampire teens may be awesome, but going to and from the school bus during the day is not awesome.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:46 PM
They're also safe if they own a car that sits in a garage, right? Simpler than adding a mod.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:28 PM
Garaged car, yes, with a coffin nearby, just in case.

Also, meditation is safer for vampires than coffins, in general.

If it were me, though, teen vamps would be drop-outs. 100-year-old vampires hardly need high school.

Of course, that would mean no job, but since piddly teen jobs would be all they'd qualify for anyway, teen vamps would do better making money via non-traditional-job means.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:36 PM
that school changer has some use even without the vamp.
and I have to agree to the fact that it is saver to get them home-schooled for a few sim-years and then make them artists/authors

burning is such a painful way to go.

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:16 PM
You could also get night school if you prefer that instead of home school. It works with the school changer and it is on this site. (Just search night school)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:35 PM
Or there's a mod for daywalking vampires that allows you to have vampires who do fine in daylight. (It doesn't modify everything - you still won't be able to call teen vamps during the day or invite them over. And it does make vamps rather overpowered, given that they basically have very little motive decay 24/7 unless they're doing active things. But it is a nice feature if you're running vamps according to a mythology where they don't have problems with daylight, say, Dresden Files White Court vamps instead of Anne Rice vamps.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:40 PM
Julieryc, where can I get this mod? I mean at first I didn't want it. But now that the family has another daughter, I think its time for them to just pull all nighters Do you know where I can find this mod?

Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:49 PM
There's a trick for having vampires not die when working day jobs and going to school. The game doesn't check constantly if the vampire is inside. Instead it checks only when a sim finishes a command, and when the sim goes through a door. The operative word there is "door"--not archway, stairs or elevator. As long as the transition from indoors to outdoors is not a door, the vampire can complete one command (like "go to work" or "go to school") and the game will still treat it as though the vampire is indoors.

So whenever I have a house with a vampire, I build a covered porch outside the front door of the house with archways leading outside. The covered porch is still considered indoors and when the vampire walks through the archway outside, the game is fooled into thinking the sim is still inside for the duration of that command.

The important thing is that as soon as the command is finished, the game will say, "Whoa, I'm outside. Start burning." So don't have the vampire take out the garbage on the way to the carpool. Just head directly from inside the house to the carpool or bus and you'll be fine.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:54 PM
Like I wouldn't mind it. But when you have a baby that needs to be taken care of, and the only ones that I force to stay awake because they have school is the teens, well it just gets really hard for the parents to take care of their own child.

I got Eva and Dracul working around the clock. Eva being the oldest, she is taking care of the baby, and Dracul helps as he is building his skills up. And the parents sleep during the day. Sure on the weekends I let Eva sleep and Dracul as well. But school come first, even if it burns them -.-"

Cyjon, I'll do that, thank you. I'll see what happens

Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:27 PM
As alluded to earlier, it's easy as can be to send vampires to work or school via a car kept in an attached garage so they don't have to go outside to reach it.

Barring that, I've always been able to get them to the carpool with minimal motive loss by having them begin to Meditate before sunrise, then teleport to the curb, right next to the car when it arrives. Then it takes mere seconds for them to get in, and they lose very little.

Getting them back inside after work/school is a bit trickier, and it's important that they be able to Run, because Fly isn't quite as fast. However, if their motives were managed properly earlier, they should still be high enough after work/school to be able to get back into Meditation once inside. (eta: Consider the issue of the post-work "Look at me, I'm home!" dance of Family sims before turning a Family sim into a vampire, and be ready to cancel it! )

Interesting to know about arches and "outside" checks though, Cyjon - thank you! I love knowing little tricks like that.

ETA:
Managing babies/toddlers during the day in vampire households isn't too difficult. Again, it's all about motive management. Make sure vampires' motives are maxed, or nearly so, before sunrise, and they'll be good for enough quick bottle grabs, diaper changes, and cuddles to get them through the day. Toddler blankets help too, as do having more than one caretaker, vampire or not.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:39 PM
So using the max motives cheat is the best way to go. Besides Eva is really helping out. But I will take all of the advice .thank you so very much!!!!!!!!ยก!!!!!

Mad Poster
#17 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Levera
So using the max motives cheat is the best way to go.

Not for me. That would take all the fun and challenge out of it!

There is a learning curve, and I wouldn't fault anyone a bit for using maxmotives while getting the hang of vampire management, but I predict that if you become totally dependent on it, vampires won't be fun anymore.