Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Kankritty : 23rd Mar 2014 at 12:48 PM.
Default Your favourite Maxis FLOOR TILE?
Following on from my wall tiles thread, I pose the same question (What is your favourite floor tile) this time again.

I am rather attached to one of the Base Game woods, Narrow Planks, because it fits anything, and matches the IKEA walls because of its colour and texture

I also like the Nightlife various club floors - only because they match the walls (and Klaartje's too ), they also come in silly geometric patterns and that adds some life in the room..

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:56 PM
I like the bathroom tiles that came with K&B.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 7:13 PM
The plush carpets that come in burgundy, red, white, and tan. I think they're from either Nightlife or Glamour Life.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 8:26 PM
The Maxis floors I seem to use most are the wood choices.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 8:33 PM
I would say the wood or brick ones. They are so versatile, and I think that Maxis actually did a great job with these. It's one of the items I HAVEN'T replaced with a custom default!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 10:54 PM
The shag carpeting ones that came with Uni. It's wondrous, tacky stuff that happens to match a lot of the tacky wallpaper I download :D

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:34 AM
The "Terrafirma Terracotta" tiles. It's perfect for just about any use you can think of in a southwestern building, and it was my favorite in TS1 too! (I just wish the blue-gray matching tile from TS1 had been carried over too...)
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:37 AM
Pretty much any of the wood floors. I never use any floors except wood or stone usually, and I have plenty of recolors of them too. :3

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 5:38 AM
Wood. I am afraid, I am always using planks.
Though these days, I started using carpet in bathrooms and corridors. I think I am getting old.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 10:30 PM
I never use carpet in a bathroom - it just doesn't fit whichever one you use.

I also like the "Hey Jute" carpet...

Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 11:07 PM
I like the wood floors, too. The textures, anyway. I'm not always fond of Maxis's colors. That's why I recolored my favorite ones so that I have literally hundreds to choose from. I also like the concrete/cement floors and, again, I recolored those and am contemplating some new and different colors for those, too. The K&B tiles are nice, too. Am contemplating recolors of those, both the floors and the walls...

So basically, if I like the texture, I recolor it so that I have more color options. This seems to work better for me, personally, than downloading stuff with custom textures. I'm really not sure why... I seem to get a bit overwhelmed if I have too much completely custom stuff... :\

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#12 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 4:55 PM
Thought I say the wood flooring that came with Freetime. However, after really giving it some thought, I'd have to say the atomic floor tiles that came with Pets. Why? Because they are actually pretty nice, easily recolorable and the game floor tiling choices are so limited.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 5:51 PM
Yes
There's not enough linoleum I like, or tiles that I like, so I end up recolouring them in Homecrafter.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 6:18 PM
KanKritty, me loves that pat-a-cake cat.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 5:41 PM
You can't help but love Pusheen :3

Inventor
#16 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 4:44 PM
Probably your home climate has some bearing on which floor you choose. Here in coolish England I like fitted carpet in nearly all my lots. Anything else looks draughty. I have to make an effort to imagine the joys of marble floors, or the pleasure of grainy wood. There is also the sound of chairs being dragged back from the table each time a sim sits or stands: hard floors give a nasty scrape; carpet is quieter. I admire the way the game alters the sound of sim footsteps in keeping with the surface they cross.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I admire the way the game alters the sound of sim footsteps in keeping with the surface they cross.

You can select which sound a floor tile makes in Homecrafter Plus when you are editing a custom floor,

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 8:37 PM
Base Game and K&B tiles have my heart. Well, I don't actually remember if some of the tiles are from these, but most of the tiles are after my heart

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
Probably your home climate has some bearing on which floor you choose. Here in coolish England I like fitted carpet in nearly all my lots. Anything else looks draughty. I have to make an effort to imagine the joys of marble floors, or the pleasure of grainy wood. There is also the sound of chairs being dragged back from the table each time a sim sits or stands: hard floors give a nasty scrape; carpet is quieter. I admire the way the game alters the sound of sim footsteps in keeping with the surface they cross.

I hadn't really considered that, but I think you're right! Living here in a Southwestern high desert, I do tend to use more stone and tile floors and warmer colors. And I can assure you, the joys of stone or wood floors DO exist! Nothing like waking up and walking across a nice, sun-warmed terra-cotta tile floor!
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 12:47 PM
I quite like the terracotta tiles but I hardly ever use them sadly...
TS1 terracotta tiles I used quite a lot, but not TS2