Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 8:49 PM
Default How much did you altered WA worlds?
Broad question, so hopefully it's a great thread opener (I suck at making these . Directed probably at those that still play Maxis Worlds and did heavy modification to the world, be it Sims, lots, terrain, layout decoration objects, the system that the world operate in play style or story line (cultural, political, economical and anything pertaining to its identity). Perhaps you throw rabbit holes that originally weren't? Maybe you set it up to function as a Main world? Turned into a metropolitan city? Even if it's slight change like including more recreational-activity objects to it, Sim makeover, architectural, or just thought of a headcanon storyline do share it in the comments.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 1:29 AM
Redid quite a few lots and added some new lots and built. Other than that have left them alone.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 3:07 AM
One phrase: Vintage Champs Les Sims. Yeah. I did not do the altering, but MAN, that is a good altering.

Other than that, I haven't played the WA worlds much. Though, I will need to be altering the desert world soon for storyboarding.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 1:01 PM
So far, I changed France here and there, and want to do a lot more. I have not changed Egypt and have no desire to currently. My Sims and I have not even visited China yet.

In France, I added two gift shops, one in the museum and one in a building I converted into a spa. So far, I'm working more with existing buildings, which makes it difficult for me to fit things in. The spa is opposite what is still currently that hostel place (base camp, it's right across the street) but I want to change that. I want to add a resort on a different lot, but I don't have details in mind yet. After I get a working resort in, I'd like to add an "arts" university and convert the base camp to a dorm.

Anyway, I added an eating area to the museum, as well, and in my spa gift shop. Added on to the town café, added rabbit hole rugs in some of the empty parts of the center of town (I want to change them again, as I'm not satisfied with them). Then I needed workers so I added a roomies household of YA Sims (in a house that was meant for tourists that I converted to a local abode, their 2 bedrooms are cramped but they'll be OK) and then assigned them roles.

I rearranged the twin beds downstairs and added more, because my Sims were taking up "too many" of the double beds so I needed another twin bed for one of the inactive guests, hehe.

That might be about it so far.

I usually only take pics in live mode while something interesting is in view, not really pics of just my builds (I should do that more often, though it's usually just renovation or even just redecorating). I only got some spa pics, I think...

Hot tub at the spa:

Massage table at the spa (unfinished coloring, etc.): (Do it yourself, hmmm... I'm pretty sure I was able to ask a townie to do it also though, hehe.)

Behind the new spa is some of the seating to eat at:

Sims 3 ID, Origin, Twitter , etc.: SimmerLella
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 2:38 PM
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
ChickenMadam is referring to: https://franglishetchocolat.tumblr....-can-see-on-the

I sure am! Man, it's just gorgeous.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13