Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 12:57 AM
Default How to "disappear" a sim?
I'm currently working on my Pleasantview: Origins save file and it's getting time for Bella to disappear, but I'm unsure of how to do it. I don't think I actually want her to die, but I also know that if I break her and Morty up and move her out, she'll still show up at events around town. Is there a way to remove a sim from the game and have everyone remember them, but they're no longer in the file? Like how in TS3, sims would just emigrate, just at my discretion. Ideally, I'd like to make her a townie on Sixam, but I don't know if that's possible?

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:26 PM
How do I do this so that there isn't a gravestone or urn to visit and no ghost wandering around, but she remains in the family tree?

Scholar
#3 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
How do I do this so that there isn't a gravestone or urn to visit and no ghost wandering around, but she remains in the family tree?

what I like to do is release the ghost to the Netherworld, this deletes the sim forever but retains some data such as the portrait and family tree, but this is permanent, you will never see that sim again.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 2:35 PM
I guess I'll do that!

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 2:32 AM
I decided to create grab an alien off the gallery, place him in my game and build him a bunker. Then I had him steal Bella away one night and wipe her memory. So now she lives elsewhere and I've found a way to keep her from goign places or doing things so she won't just show up anywhere.

Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 4:17 AM
What happens in my game, or it's just been a coincidence, a sim a don't want to see often, I make sure they are unemployed, and make them live in Strangerville, as long as they are not invited or any club gatherings are happening, I don't expect to see them again and so far I never do.

I know there is some type of code in the game that forces to keep strangerville residents in Strangerville, and not roaming the other worlds, and ever since I've noticed it, I been using it to my advantage.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 1:57 PM
I may have to move the bunker...

Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
What happens in my game, or it's just been a coincidence, a sim a don't want to see often, I make sure they are unemployed, and make them live in Strangerville, as long as they are not invited or any club gatherings are happening, I don't expect to see them again and so far I never do.

I know there is some type of code in the game that forces to keep strangerville residents in Strangerville, and not roaming the other worlds, and ever since I've noticed it, I been using it to my advantage.

You know, I have heard that before somewhere else (or maybe it was a thread here, I can't remember). But anyway, I've found that not be be totally true. I have had Strangerville residents show up at a nightclub I love to play in Willow Creek. It's happened twice!
What's even worse, I can't get rid of them. I have to wait it out until they leave on their own.