Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 3:11 AM
Default Any way to cheat through university?
I'm so tired of watching my sims walk around at university 10 more days until exam when they have got all their uni work finished. And really want them back into normal sim life soon. I have tried to download some university cheat objects (don't remember the name) and it didn't show up in the game. cries.
Of course I can use the testing cheats and get an apple statue thing (for cheating university) but the bad thing is that the sims who cheat through graduation get all their skill points maximized. Unnatural and silly.
What would you recommend?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:57 AM
Insiminator can help you. There's an education option and you just select "Final In Two Hours".

There's another one too, but I can't remember where exactly I got it from, however I did find it by looking at the Hacks/Cheats list in this forum. It's right above the "Where Can I Find" forum. If you're ever looking for a hack, that's the list to look at. It's long, so just do a search from your browser to find whatever you're looking for.
#3 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:14 PM
This college adjuster over at More Awesome Than You is just what you're looking for. I use it all the time.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1236.0

Take note of where to find it after you've installed it: "The object (a stack of phone books) is available under Misc/Misc in buy mode for the unbelievably low price of $1."
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 4:12 AM
I did download the college adjuster and it didn't show up in misc. Maybe I will try again. Are any of those hacks corrupt?
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 6:11 AM
I did download it now.... and it did not show up under miscellanious.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 6:21 AM
Did you unzip it and put it in your downloads folder? It's under misc (three dots)> misc (three dots). It's a stack of books.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by canoodle
Did you unzip it and put it in your downloads folder? It's under misc (three dots)> misc (three dots). It's a stack of books.

I did look at the file but it didn't need to be unzipped....
Site Helper
#8 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 7:53 AM
Strange. Maybe the original download got corrupted.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 11:43 AM
Hmmm I remember having that a while ago (as in about 6 months) and it worked fine. But I try not to put too many hacks/mods into my game, so I took it out. If my Sims have done everything, usually I just build relationships or skills. If you don't want to cheat you could try that it does help when they are looking for a job online!

My cellmate's a killer, they make me do push-ups in drag.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanborn
I did look at the file but it didn't need to be unzipped....

The download is in zipped format. The downloaded file looks like a stack of multicolored books. You have to right click it to extract. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1236.0 Look at the file extension. You need to unzip it before you put it in your downloads folder. You might benefit from HP's tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=213708

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 6:53 PM
The download is in zipped format. The downloaded file looks like a stack of multicolored books. You have to right click it to extract. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1236.0 Look at the file extension. You need to unzip it before you put it in your downloads folder. You might benefit from HP's tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=213708

unzip? I do have WinRAR and it can read zipfiles. But it doesn't show up in the game.....
Site Helper
#12 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 9:40 PM
Go to My Documents/Ea Games/The Sims 2/ Downloads and look at the file there. If it is in the directory, is not still zipped, and is not inside another folder, you may have gotten a corrupt download. Try downloading it again. If it is in another folder and you don't have Nightlife or higher, it doesn't like being in the folder. After Nightlife you CAN keep CC in subfolders.

When you go into the game, make sure that you are looking for it in the right place. (Miscelleneous: Miscelleneous) I've had it for a long time myself, but it works fine for me.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Go to My Documents/Ea Games/The Sims 2/ Downloads and look at the file there. If it is in the directory, is not still zipped, and is not inside another folder, you may have gotten a corrupt download. Try downloading it again. If it is in another folder and you don't have Nightlife or higher, it doesn't like being in the folder. After Nightlife you CAN keep CC in subfolders.

When you go into the game, make sure that you are looking for it in the right place. (Miscelleneous: Miscelleneous) I've had it for a long time myself, but it works fine for me.

I do have nightlife and I have looked many times in miscellanious miscellanious.....
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 12:34 PM
It's under electronics>all. At least the latest OBJ version for seasons puts it there.
Site Helper
#15 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 12:40 PM
AH! It got itself re-categorized somehow?

I don't have Seasons, so mine is where it says it will be.

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#16 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 4:38 PM
Makes me wonder why the above poster's College Adjuster is wandering around in their collections folder? I've never heard of it being anywere but misc>misc. Hmmmm

I have the Jan. 2007 edition (the latest version of the hack) as do a few of my friends. I checked with them, and all of their adjusters are under misc>misc. Technically, there is no Seasons version. He just updated the original hack to include some NL options. The date on the Seasons hack is January of 2007 ( it didn't need an update for Seasons). There is still only one download and it works with all EP's. ALL of the versions for every EP are dated Jan. 2007.

Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 11:18 PM
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=269

Quote: Originally posted by Insimenator.net
Catalog locations:
Residential Buy Mode Catalog: Electronics/All
Community Buy Mode Catalog: Miscellaneous/Electronics

It was updated twice in March '07 (post #15 & #16); several seasons updates were added.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#18 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 4:28 AM
We are talking about TWO JEFFS COLLEGE ADJUSTER not Insim. Are you confused? LOL These are two WIDELY different hacks. No wonder you can't find the college adjuster. Somehow you have managed to link to insim?

Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 8:23 AM
I have got the college adjuster file and it is in my the sims 2 downloads folder. But what do I do with it now? I've opened it in WinRAR and there are a lot of files. How do I "install" it? or get it into my game?
Site Helper
#20 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 11:59 AM
A lot of files? What kind of names do they have?
It SHOULD be just collegeadjuster.package and readme.txt unless you got the insiminator.

Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 12:32 PM
We are talking about TWO JEFFS COLLEGE ADJUSTER not Insim. Are you confused? LOL These are two WIDELY different hacks. No wonder you can't find the college adjuster. Somehow you have managed to link to insim?

Sorry, Snappy. My reading skills are somewhat challenged these days, apparently. :P
#22 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 12:38 PM
you dont need a hack you just go through boolprop testingcheatsenabled true then go through the spawn click more then again i think well untill you find this cheat that says semester tester click that then you should have a apple sort of statue then you click it and click graduate . It works really good i do i when i can be bothered to go through all the making the sims study. There are loads and loads of options in there just have a look.
Hope i helped
August26 xx
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#23 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanborn
I have got the college adjuster file and it is in my the sims 2 downloads folder. But what do I do with it now? I've opened it in WinRAR and there are a lot of files. How do I "install" it? or get it into my game?

Did you look at the FAQ I linked you to? The downloading tutorial. You have another thread going with DL problems. I suggest that you READ the tutorial if you are confused about custom content and how to get it into your game. The guide is written as simply as is humanly possible.

Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 5:26 PM
Did you look at the FAQ I linked you to? The downloading tutorial. You have another thread going with DL problems. I suggest that you READ the tutorial if you are confused about custom content and how to get it into your game. The guide is written as simply as is humanly possible.

I have downloaded a lot of things and read the guide many times. Most things I have downloaded have come into my game.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#25 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 11:54 PM
Then maybe you should post your problem at Twojeffs thread. I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2