Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 7:48 AM
Default Housebreaking?
After seeing a litterbox in MaxoidGrant's pet-related stories, a thought came to mind.

Namely, what about the dogs? Now, we know cats go to the bathroom via the litterbox, but I haven't heard anything about the dogs. Does one have to housebreak them and take them outside for walks? Or do the dogs, being able to open doors by themselves, just go outside to "do their business" autonomously? And the sims will probably have to clean up after them, as well, which means new, dog-poop-picking-up actions.

So, what do you think (or already know, in the chance that this topic has already been covered and I just haven't seen it)? I personally think the former (sims having to walk their dogs) is more likely, seeing as that's what happens in real life.
Advertisement
#2 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 9:45 AM
You'd probably have to housetrain them to stop them going inside. I'd just hate to be always mopping up after them... (It's going to be puddles only)
#3 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 8:46 PM
In Unleashed for TS1, you just had to housebreak 'em to get the dog to go outside instead of inside. It'd probably be more likely and easier to just get the dog to realise that all their business needs to be done outside, rather than having to force a Sim to leash 'em and take the dog outside themselves.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 10:09 PM
Well, if dogs didn't mess the house unless trained, they wouldn't be realistic.

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 8:00 PM
I hope they have an option to "potty train" them lol
#6 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xunseenxrealityx
I hope they have an option to "potty train" them lol

I'm sure someone will come up with a hacked 'no cleaning needed' sandbox that could be used by dogs AND cats