Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 10:59 AM
Ghosts: new spouse, that's a first.
We know ghosts are supposed to get angry if the survivor marries a new spouse.. and Will forbid it, they sleep in that ghost's bed. However, I've never seen a ghost show this animation before. After three weeks, and the death of one of her children. Deborah LeFluer haunts. She sees Sandra Jackson in bed with her widower. Deborah stomps and does the slap animation while widower Phil is in bed. Phil wakes up and wonders "what did I do?" Sandra looks around, not seeing ghost or anyone.

I check their memories and sure enough, "Phil caught cheating on Deborah" LONG after his kindly wife had died. "The world is an endless mystery."

Ps. Interesting, memories suggest Phil never saw her ghost before.. I guess the death of a child stirred something in this house. The ground has gone sour.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 11:09 AM
Didn't I tell you last week not to build lots on ancient Simian burial grounds?

Well that's what you get when you don't listen to me! D:<

Jokes aside, I have never seen such a behaviour before o.O

Newbies please click here for information on "Hood Corruption" and here if you are looking for certain objects or mods. You're welcome!

Every time you delete a tombstone a kitten is being taken to Hell. Think of the kittens.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 11:36 AM
They had to pull this stunt when I was watching Pet Sematary..
#4 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:26 PM
makes sense to me. Even though dead the sim still retains the basic animations/protocols that would be assumed if they were still alive. Which is why I always put my graves on community lots. Though one complaint about your scenario if she could slap him from outside hard enough to wake him why didn't they add animations for throwing possessed objects at the sims in question? I could see a few sims who'd deserve a flying toaster to the head when their ex spouse's urn is still in the bedroom.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:55 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 7th Sep 2012 at 4:37 PM.
Wait, is this caused by Pes's postmortem fix?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:19 PM
I haven't seen this before, but then again, my sim's spouses don't tend to die early.

Although I might see it happen with Franz and Olive Specter. Franz just married his servo, so it'll probably happen soon. Storywise, Olive only married him to keep a good leash on her skill-building slave, but game is game.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:22 PM
Pescado's Post-Mortum fix WAS installed, but later disabled. Since marriage post-mortum makes the bonds retained after death, it might be the only way this scenario can happen. The fact that my sims also had "new spouse is second lover" memories, made me disable it.