Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2013 at 4:05 PM
Default Bring back the small details!
Due to waiting for island paradise I went back to the sims 2. I noticed whilst my sim was cooking, she opened the cabinets to get spoons and bowls etc to make the food with. which was absolutely fantastic that I never noticed until the sims 3 was out where things just randomly pop out of thin air!

Also, the cars are fantastic as well. the way they reversed out of the driveway and actually seeing your sims getting in and out of them. I hope EAxis gives this series mouth to mouth resuscitation and bring life to this series once again.

What other small details from previous versions do you miss? and want brought back
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th May 2013 at 4:09 PM
Also I kinda like seeing the preview of the sims faces how much they resemble the sims in sims 2 than sims 3. When I think of a sim, I see a sims 2 sim. They are charming wee things !
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th May 2013 at 4:54 PM
Actually, I prefer some of the big details over the small ones. I can give up opening a cupboard if the game is challenging and fun.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th May 2013 at 6:33 PM
I haven't noticed if Sims 3 sims do this, but I remember (I think thanks to Freetime) Sims 2 sims would have unique conversations depending on the topic. For instance, when talking about classical music, my sims would wave their arms like a conductor and hum classical music!

Acne! I miss teenagers getting acne, it was such a small detail, but it really added a lot to that life stage.

Also, all the cute kiddy things that OFB brought, like the kites, and blowing bubbles! (and eating bubbles! haha)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th May 2013 at 7:14 PM
farting needs to make a come back and burping.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th May 2013 at 12:33 AM
So do the random "smart" moments, like the sim staring at the camera on occasion. And the expressions they make when you change their appearance in a mirror (disgusted, happy, etc. Do they still have those, or no?), definitely the car, cooking, and conversation animations, and a bunch of other little things that'll be mentioned by other people.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 16th May 2013 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fritome
farting needs to make a come back and burping.

That's the Slob trait. We've had it since the base game.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th May 2013 at 2:26 AM
oh, well sorry lol i guess i need to make a slob sim. i feel dumb now lol
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:39 AM
I wish they would bring back watering indoor plants. I liked that feature in TS1 and was very disappointed that it didn't get shipped over to TS2. Now of course I'm used to indoor plants not needing water but if that would make a come-back I'd be really happy.
Scholar
#10 Old 16th May 2013 at 7:58 AM
I don't know if it's a small detail but pretty please, allow simmers to import custom painting files into the Sims 4, like we did in the Sims 2. I am still disappointed that I did not have the option to do so in TS3 ,instead I had to see a Sim who has the painting skill, paint almost the same thing over and over again And allow us to customize Cars like the Sims 2 Free Time.
Instructor
#11 Old 16th May 2013 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by electria
Due to waiting for island paradise I went back to the sims 2. I noticed whilst my sim was cooking, she opened the cabinets to get spoons and bowls etc to make the food with. which was absolutely fantastic

That's what I love about TS2 : attention to small meaningful details that make TS2 so much loved.

Small details I love EA to brink back.

1. Toddler's reaction to surrounding.
It's so funny and joyful to watch our cute toddlers to just look around for things to play. They can enjoy playing with the toilet or water. SOOOO CUUUUTE.

2. Food
My friends and I are crazy about food so I noticed it's a huge miss in TS3. Food details in TS2 is AMAZING! We love to zoom in the food plate very much.
TS 3 food is....meh.

3. Romantic gestures Plsssss
Kissing, foreplay, courting(with some shy reactions...so funny) and woohoo.... All in TS2 are FANTASTIC and arousing.
I go back to play TS2 often because of that.

From TS4 sneak peak interview, the team promise to bring back "sims that all the fans love and enjoy." They promise to focus more on SIMS this time. So I hope they correct TS3's negligence.
Instructor
#12 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:21 PM
Remember in Sims 1 parents could sing to their baby? I loved that! Bring that back!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th May 2013 at 7:40 PM
I'd love if traits meant something so there would be small little things they do that show their trait as well as very obvious things that affect every single aspect of their life. And if traits could be mild to strong in that sim would add variation and more detail to the sim.

Also I'd love backpacks for Child-Teens (and maybe Young Adults?) when they go off to school and many kinds like:
*Moderately full backpacks
*Overstuffed backpacks for sims who are obsessive or very very messy
*Almost empty backpacks
*messenger bags
*dorky roller backpacks (the ones with the handle and wheels)
*some backpacks with lunchboxes attached and/or waterbottles
*some with a plastic bag lunch attatched
*And Many more!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2013 at 12:50 AM
i would like them to bring back the cuddling with your kid on the couch. and everything else mentioned above.
Scholar
#15 Old 17th May 2013 at 12:57 AM
The televisions on TS2 are the best

I like cut scenes with funny advertisements and news updates :D

TS1

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Scholar
#16 Old 17th May 2013 at 1:17 AM
I just thought about another detail. I Hoping in TS4, that arcades machines have totally different screens this time instead of the same damn screens! (I'm looking at you bunny freezer!)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th May 2013 at 1:22 AM
Not that I remember using them a lot, but it'd be neat to have the old Sims 2 floors that spanned more than 1x1 tile, thus allowing for big swirly floors with one single floor tile type, or a not-so-repetitive grungy cement floor for a garage or alley.

Scholar
#18 Old 17th May 2013 at 1:58 AM
Omg the floors, totally. And plants needing watering too. I miss these little things so much!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 17th May 2013 at 7:26 AM
In general the sims 3 really dumbed down the gameplay and overall experience. they didnt give the audience enough credit. A common trend in videogames by the way.

Fable 3, Black and White 2, Dragon Age 2, Saint's Row 3, super mario bros wii, and many others are all good examples of other dumbed down games.
Some where still enjoyable but could have been much better, and others where completely ruined by it.

So yes, bring back the little details. I hated how cars worked in sims3. Couldnt do anything with it anymore and it was pretty much the only luxury item sims could have in the base game.
Alchemist
#20 Old 17th May 2013 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by electria
Also, the cars are fantastic as well. the way they reversed out of the driveway and actually seeing your sims getting in and out of them.

I know it's a small thing,but that's #1 on my TS4 wish list
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th May 2013 at 9:00 AM Last edited by SoullessCyn : 29th May 2013 at 6:46 AM.
I miss adult Sims tucking their kids into bed. In TS3, they have the "read to sleep" option, but that doesn't seem to appear until the toddler/child's energy is in the red. I wish they could have that option when it's still green, so the child has plenty of time to sleep so they're fully rested in the morning for school.

I really miss seeing them in the car, backing down the drive. I really detest the whole vanishing and reappearing in the car, or out of it. The car needs to be a solid thing again. Also, I think somebody already mentioned that the car should stay where you left it, and NOT be moved into the Sims' inventory.

I want group dinners again. I hate it that my Sims always sit at different tables. It's annoying. I always loved the serve option from TS2.

Didn't toddlers sometimes escape from their cribs in TS2? I wish my toddlers in TS3 would do that... And as for the cribs. *Giving the TS3 cribs a dark look* I wish the cribs were set up like the damned beds. If I have twins, and they have their own rooms, I want to be able to set each crib to one baby, none of this "Oh this crib is closer and it's empty! It doesn't matter that it's in Twin A's room. Twin B won't mind a bit if he's in a purple room in a purple crib." crap. Alright. That may have been slightly off topic. But still. I want to be able to set cribs for babies/toddlers, just like we can set beds.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th May 2013 at 6:13 PM
I feel as if The Sims 3 were the equivalent of a writer who relies on telling instead of showing when writing a novel, and the reader becomes insulted because the writer didn't offer a chance for the reader to infer the literature independently. "Mary had long, blond hair," versus, "Mary gently yanked the blond strands out of her hairbrush."

The developers of the game didn't think that either of us could handle an open world with the challenges of the former games because, apparently, neither of us are capable of multitasking. "Let's not have any interactions with the car because players will find it boring to have their Sim sit inside it and chill with the radio on," or, "Let's not have any Sim-to-car animations because players will want to hurry up and reach their destination quicker to avoid missing out on the always-crowded venues," or "Let's eliminate the requirement to use the changing table because players will find it too tedious to change diapers while having other chores to do."

Speaking of toddlers, even they were a challenge in The Sims 2, what with potty-training as one of the most challenging aspects of raising a toddler (I always barely made it without using the Smart Milk reward). In The Sims 3, all you have to do is queue the interaction to potty-train your toddler about three to four times, and your Sim will potty-train the toddler until the skill is achieved, regardless of if the toddler's bladder meter is full. Granted, you would have a larger puddle than normal to mop up, but the process is still much simpler than in The Sims 2. It used to feel more rewarding to achieve this goal. Now, it's as irrelevant as having your Sim tell a joke.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 18th May 2013 at 8:32 PM
I want all the baby and toddler interactions back from TS2 -- bathing babies, including bathing them in the sink; family hugs and kisses; teaching toddlers nursery rhymes and then having the toddler sing the nursery rhymes to entertain him/herself. I loved seeing kids go out and greet a parent who'd just gotten home from work. All the games children would play, like mary mack and cops and robbers. Acne. Parents dancing with a child standing on his/her feet.

Seriously... these were all such simple things but I loved them to death.

Oh, and waiters in restaurants who'd spill food! Hilarious.

And, yes, of course... cars that sims actually climb into and out of. Good grief, EA.

Oh, and babies with actual bodies, instead of burrito babies...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#24 Old 19th May 2013 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I feel as if The Sims 3 were the equivalent of a writer who relies on telling instead of showing when writing a novel, and the reader becomes insulted because the writer didn't offer a chance for the reader to infer the literature independently. "Mary had long, blond hair," versus, "Mary gently yanked the blond strands out of her hairbrush."

Completely agree with your point but how can you 'gently yank' anything? Just askin'.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th May 2013 at 3:52 PM
1. Why isn't there an option for siblings in CAS, in addition to roommates and various romantic interests?

2. Could we bring back the "hangout" option from Sims2? I loved that you could have a group conversation. The current "invite to join conversation" option really doesn't work, since you have to break off the conversation with SimA to ask SimB to join, then break off the conversation with SimB to ask SimA to join, then break off the conversation with SimA to get SimB to join.... I've only twice ever managed to have a group conversation... and it's not much of a group with just 3 Sims. In real life, in a large group of people, you'd have smaller groups.... 4 people discussing their favorite TV show, half a dozen guys talking about the game, a group of women talking about daycare.... and folks that join one group, then another, then another.... sort of floating. I'd love to have this kind of socialization.
Page 1 of 4