Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3826 Old 26th May 2021 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I'm hoping the sectional sofas and the likes/dislikes/whatever are part of an update and not the pack itself. Because I really don't want most of the stuff that this big ass stuff pack is selling.

You've probably seen by now but the sectional sofas have been confirmed to only be available in the pack and NOT part of the free patch update.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3827 Old 26th May 2021 at 1:46 PM
Likes and Dislikes are probably just weak moodlet buffs, as usually anything goes to things that affect Sims AI.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3828 Old 26th May 2021 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
You've probably seen by now but the sectional sofas have been confirmed to only be available in the pack and NOT part of the free patch update.

Yep. I saw. Unfortunately, that means I do need to get this pack at some point....because I really want those things. But I still refuse to pay the standard game pack price.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
(Jill do stop giggling)

The giggling I could deal with. It was the damn squeaking and squealing she did every time something "exciting" ( ) happened. Sheesh. Nice lady but very annoying.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3829 Old 26th May 2021 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Furniture is okay, reminds me of a IKEA show room. I haven't been to a IKEA in two years. I don't know if they're into rounded corners. They said they were inspired by design shows on TV and it shows with all the "tufted" things which isn't necessarily a good thing. There is such thing as too much tufting.

Very little of what I saw looks like anything you'd see on HGTV. Sure, the modular bits are nice, but did we need two entire sets? Some of those curved bits (which I can only see a children's bedroom or futuristic build) should have probably been reserved for actual interior design elements - more sinks, more appliances, more chairs. Even many of the modern catalog items are over designed, and some are just outdated.

We didn't even get new items for nurseries. There are 11 beds, and none of them are for toddlers. I didn't need 11 new beds, or 4 new bunk beds. Hell, I didn't even need a walk in closet. Toddler furniture is ugly. We can do better. Don't get me started on bassinets.

Who else has nurseries that look exactly like this?

Give your baby what they really deserve.

Screenshots

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3830 Old 26th May 2021 at 4:46 PM
I did find the TV shows amusing though

But what was immersion-breaking is when the mother made scarey noises outside the playhouse and the kid didn't jump up and look scared till the mother had finished the entire animation, and the kid had finished the "play in playhouse" animation. Also the mother who didn't like kids music but started dancing anyway. Then she gradually got her tense buff and an angry face but her body was still behaving as if it was enjoying dancing. Why is the 4th generation of sims unable to stop something short to respond to change in situation? They managed it in Sims 1

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#3831 Old 26th May 2021 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
We didn't even get new items for nurseries. There are 11 beds, and none of them are for toddlers. I didn't need 11 new beds, or 4 new bunk beds. Hell, I didn't even need a walk in closet. Toddler furniture is ugly. We can do better. Don't get me started on bassinets.

When they were trying out the updated bunk bed functionality by placing objects such as the toddler beds under the bed, it really highlighted how few items we have for toddlers. There were only 3 toddler beds in game and none matches the new beds or the ones that came in the free update. If there was ever a time to make more toddler furniture, this pack would definitely been perfect for it.
#3832 Old 26th May 2021 at 4:53 PM
I was going to ask if cribs or changing tables could go under the loft bed, but then I remembered...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#3833 Old 26th May 2021 at 5:35 PM
I'm all for having the additional bunk bed variety but as others have said, they really needed to include some matching toddler beds if they are going to keep boasting about how they can snap under the bunk tops as well.

#3834 Old 26th May 2021 at 6:16 PM
Has anyone made toddler beds that look like normal beds or modded a normal bed to work for toddlers?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3835 Old 26th May 2021 at 6:33 PM
We did get a singular toddler bed in Eco Lifestyle. It was fun, but one or two to match the furniture would have been perfect. I can tell you now, I'm not going to use some of the beds in this pack. Would I have used a mid century and modern toddler bed? Probably.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3836 Old 27th May 2021 at 2:09 AM
Upon rewatching part of the let's play, under "Bar Renovation," I noticed the "bar" was owned by the BFFs. This game so badly needs a real estate system. It has to randomly pick Sims from the game to be "owners" of a bar. It makes me wonder how well integrated the other packs are into this. There's a generic "Room" Additional" option, but it'd be nice to see requests like Home Theater (Movie Hangout) or Laundry Room (Laundry Day).

Mad Poster
#3837 Old 27th May 2021 at 2:31 AM
This game so badly needs a real estate system....

You have posted often about the lack of business options in this version compared to prior ones, which is totally true. As this game is geared to the 12s pretty much, business and real estate and so on are not in their wheelhouse as much as for older players, and the players of the prior versions. I cannot see EA making them a priority as probably that is not a big want for their target audience.

Old-timers like me might be interested, but they are not trying to woo me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3838 Old 27th May 2021 at 5:04 AM
I discuss it often because it’s one of those features that connects to everything else, and TS2 proved that. Virtually anything felt like it could be a business in TS2.

Think of how many things we could hav had businesses for - the business system already exists for 3 businesses (as shallow as they are): Coffeeshops, Karaoke Bars, Hotels... I’m surprised we can’t even run a nightclub.

I mention it now because the only way to get a gig for a commercial lot is for a random household to show it off who clearly doesn’t own it. Just say N/A.

Mad Poster
#3839 Old 27th May 2021 at 12:26 PM
Or get one of the bartender NPCs to be selected if it is a Bar venue for example.

#3840 Old 27th May 2021 at 1:35 PM
It's difficult to find a game aimed at 30+ adults that isn't aimed that way due to exaggerated sex or violence. I just want a normal life simulator that has the more stressful life topics in it, but in realistic proportions to the rest of life. For example, I don't mind my sims taking a tumble on the ski slope if once in a while it would lead to them being seriously hurt, but as it is it's just an annoying animation. I could cope with cancer hitting the occasional sim. But out of respect to people who find that too upsetting, a simple "disable serious illness" option should manage that. Actually I don't mind if they are invented illnesses as long as they can occasionally be serious or fatal. And why not have drug dealing and the sex industry as long as the player can simply choose not to involve their sims with those features. So basically an 18+ game where you don't get told to do one of the disgusting things my avatar was told to do with an NPC I had just met in order to fulfil a quest!

Mad Poster
#3841 Old 27th May 2021 at 5:21 PM
I discuss it often ... Think of how many things we could have had businesses for ...

I totally agree with all you say, and with Inge that it would be nice for some more adult themes in the game, but sadly (IMO) we are not the players that EA is wanting to attract nowadays from what I am seeing. I doubt that 4 will ever have much if any depth to it. It is just not the same game as the prior ones.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3842 Old 28th May 2021 at 2:15 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 28th May 2021 at 2:59 AM.
Ewwwwwww, the patch renamed Tutor to Storybook. How is that accurate? No one even asked them to do that.

They also never retagged older furniture to be up to date, so the existing mid century items aren't tagged as mid-century. Basically, the features makes no sense now.

I desperately want to retag everything. I hate it.

The Realm of Magic stuff is tagged Gothic Farmhouse (Industrial), not Queen Anne.

The Actual Contemporary Stuff in Cats & Dogs isn't tagged Contemporary (or at all).

There Jungle Adventure stuff is tagged Island (Literal Island Decor) instead Mission.

Edit: I tried. I can't find the flag for collection/style.

Scholar
#3843 Old 28th May 2021 at 3:24 AM
It's Soooo dispppointing their is only a small handful of Activities to select, were is the Eco Activities, I can't even find Recyling, or Fabrication,
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3844 Old 28th May 2021 at 3:51 AM
Is it skill based?

Mad Poster
#3845 Old 28th May 2021 at 4:12 AM
So uh...apparently this is a thing with the new patch

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3846 Old 28th May 2021 at 4:46 AM
I don’t even understand how this happened if hair is supposed to have a specific spot in the texture atlas they use.

I’m genuinely confused.

Inventor
#3847 Old 28th May 2021 at 5:41 AM
Soooooo... what does this new pack even add, other than a small career with almost zero new animations and that relies on build mode and the likes/dislikes system (both base game features)?

What are people paying $20 for?
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#3848 Old 28th May 2021 at 5:54 AM
Sims 4 patch update5-27-21: Pictures can be seen here.

Update 5/27/2021

PC: 1.75.125.1030 / Mac: 1.75.125.1230

Console: Version 1.42

Hello Simmers!

We hope you are all well wherever you are in the World! We have had quite an exciting week with the start of the Summer of Sims and with that, we have an exciting new Game Update for you today, with something new, something known, and something with an… interesting update.

We hope that you enjoy it and thanks again for your continued support and feedback!

Happy Simming!

-SimGuruRusskii, SimGuruJill, and SimGuruPJ

What’s New?
Additional Bunk Bed Placement Options

You’ve played with Bunk Beds. But now you can play with them more! More objects can now be slotted underneath a Top Bunk: Double Beds, Dressers, Desks, Living Chairs, or Loveseats – all fit comfortably and function as you would expect. Also, you can change things up by slotting some of these perpendicular to the Top Bunk. Dressers, Desks, and Single Beds can be oriented in two ways! Whether saving space or giving three Sims a place to sleep, the bunk bed is more versatile than ever.

Likes and Dislikes

Sims can now have Likes and Dislikes! For our first sweep of Like and Dislike categories added to Base Game, you can now define whether your Sims Like (or Dislike) various Colors, Music Genres, or Activities in Create a Sim near the Traits Molecule.

Any Sim, child and older can now have up to 20 Likes and/or Dislikes that can be dispersed individually across the different categories. Does your Sim like Blues Music but Dislikes Playing Guitar? Does your Sim like literally every color except for orange? Their unique tastes and where you want to focus those preferences are up to you! And it’s ok parents, you can admit it if you don’t like Kids Radio.

See your Sims’s individual Likes and Dislikes in the Sim Info Panel in Live Mode. These Likes and Dislikes will manifest themselves in various subtle ways during Gameplay.

Unless directed to do so, Sims will tend to avoid - or do the bare minimum of - Activities they Dislike. For instance, Sims who dislike Cooking will only grab Quick Meals and Sims who dislike Video Gaming won’t generally play games on their phone. Being directed to do Activities they dislike will give Sims negative tense debuffs and may unlock contextual interactions to complain about the Activity to other Sims. On the other hand, Sims will generally want to autonomously do Activities they Like and will similarly get an added mood boost from doing these things. Listening to Music a Sim Likes or Dislikes will give them positive or negative buffs and may eventually lead to them performing what I like to call “The Frowny Dance”.

Since Likes and Dislikes were designed with the intention of being a fluid part of your Sims’ personalities, Sims can also encounter Like and Dislike discovery moments through gameplay. If they're doing an activity and happen to be in a particular mood, you’ll receive a prompt asking if you’d like to add this activity to their list of Liked or Disliked things.

Don’t be shy though! These preferences aren’t set in stone. You can change out your Sims’ Likes and Dislikes at any time when you return to Create a Sim.

Find out other NPC’s Likes or Dislikes by using new social interactions to Ask About Favorite Color, Ask about taste in Music, or Ask about Hobbies.

New Hair Colors!

As you probably noticed in a previous Sims 411 <giggles nervously>, we have added in Create a Sim six new hair colors to further customize your Sims. I can probably talk about it and give you the names, but I'd rather show you!

I’m resisting the urge of dying my hair dark again… don’t tell my stylist!

Now onto the fixes...
Bug Fixes
Consoles

We fixed an issue for both Xbox and PlayStation that made Turning Off the Dust System introduced in Bust the Dust problematic and could cause Games to Freeze.

Sims 4

We fixed an issue that didn’t allow for all Sims in Careers and those in School to go to Work/School during any time off or Holidays, except for Vacation. Because if you are on Vacation, you are on Vacation. Don’t be like me, I work on Vacation.
I have heard of making nervous purchases but never about nervous cooking… Sims however will no longer endlessly autonomously cook food and then forget about it. Food is a terrible thing to waste.
If you were worried about leftover food from excessive cooking… and the fact that Sims were not eating it, even when they were actually Hungry. Fear not, now Sims will autonomously Eat Leftovers when they are Hungry. No food waste here!
We have fixed an issue that made Babies’ Skin Tones not match in different parts of Gameplay, like Interaction queues.
Did your Sim want to Leave Work Early, but couldn’t? We all have been there sometimes, now your Sims can do so though!
Cleaning up after Toddlers can be overwhelming, but at least normally you know where the things to clean come from at the time it happens, right? Now when you see a mess on the floor from fruits and vegetables from Sims resetting when toddlers eat them around them? Now that is unfair. No worries, now that won’t happen… we hope.
Are you Sad Sim? Are you Sad, really Sad? Traveling across all Worlds, you shouldn’t be… Sad, and without a Moodlet. Sad around the Worlds… you shouldn’t be.
Sims that were Sad all the time without a Moodlet to tell you why? It should no longer occur.
As always this Editor and the Localization Team have tweaked and improved some of the Text and Translations across all Packs.
We have put a stop to Error Codes: 102:eb3376f3:a777e5d8 and 109:812fe7cb:f1565180 that appeared for some Simmers. We hope it is not the second coming of the Error Code saga… well, I hope so anyway.

Get to Work

Fixed a visual issue with Create a Sim assets ymHair_EP01LongWavySwept and yfHair_EP01LongWavySwept that made seam lines appear when they were applied to opposite Frames.

Realm of Magic

Spellcaster Sims will no longer get reset when Brewing Potions gets canceled and then Resumed.

Journey to Batuu

The Grand Entrance Cantina Door has been made available in Build Mode again in the Tall Door sort.

Backyard

Fixed a visual issue with Create a Sim Top yfTop_SP08TeeBoatNeck that made it seem like it had some weird shadowing - not foreshadowing, we hope - or weird coloring on the knotted hem.

Tiny Living

We have added the Relax interaction for Loveseats that are part of Murphy Beds. So Relax… but can you? On a Murphy Bed? <winky face >

Nifty Knitting

Neither Snow nor Rain nor sunny days nor Vlad in the gloom of night shall stay these items from Ship on Plopsy. Sims are now able to Ship all their masterpieces to swift completion on Plopsy.
While we were working on the shipping service in Plopsy, we also fixed an issue that made the option of Ship on Plopsy display twice… I guess, if one failed, the other worked? Better safe than sorry!

Paranormal

We fixed a visual issue caused by Create a Sim asset yfTop_SP18BlouseCrop_SolidOrange that made yfShoes_SP18MaryJanes_Black look a bit streaky… not chic. Similarly, it also created an issue with yfBottom_GP08SkirtLayered from Realm of Magic… coincidence? Only the Paranormal know.

Bust the Dust

The Clean Surroundings Moodlet’s power was way over 9000! So it was really hard to have Sims go through other Moods, so to speak. While cleaning can be… a choice, we needed to balance things around here.
Scholar
#3849 Old 28th May 2021 at 8:56 AM
It taken me so far forever, to update every CC hair to include the 6 new hair colors.
Field Researcher
#3850 Old 28th May 2021 at 11:53 AM
And so, as for my favorite mods, another one (or more) bites the dust. Very depressing.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Page 154 of 185