Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#3676 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I've always wanted to transform Midnight Hollow into a less depressing place to live. I finished the "old town" today. Only some finishing touches left and I can start renovating the houses.

How did you get custom lighting for Midnight Hollow? I love the over the top spooky stuff but the lighting is just to dark for me to see.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3677 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 7:24 PM
Today I moved my Pixar family into town I'm really excited to play after not touching the game for a year or so. Can't wait to see what's new in the Sims 3 community!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3678 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 7:54 PM
I love the guy who is combusting, he is thinking of he does not like parties . Oh oh ! I have a problem this party is not great at all. He is probably setting on fire because he doesn't like to be here ahahah.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Field Researcher
#3679 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 3:52 AM
I revisited Bridgeport after like... 5 years lol. I forgot how wonderful this world is.

But overwatch def doesn't like it :P
Screenshots
Scholar
#3680 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Affinity
Today, vampire Morrigan Hemlock burnt to death outside of Bridgeport's bookstore and spa. Several sims saw her burning, 2 of them being her own husband and daughter, and none of them gave a shit. There was also a busker playing guitar the entire time it was happening.

Well, when your entire metabolism is based on liquids, I'm not sure it's physically possible to give a shit. *pours another four glasses of wine* And I guess the same applies to vampires too.
Field Researcher
#3681 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 4:59 AM
Been playing Abiecs more.

Old screenshot that I liked. This was back when Christian's ex-husband, Santos French, had just died. They had gotten divorced literally the day before because Santos cheated on her with Charlene Langerak. Charlene promptly got engaged to Christian's dad. So Christian was dealing with the betrayal, the death, and now her dad jumping into bed with the other woman. I was doing everything I could just to keep her functioning. Surprisingly, she held no grudge against Charlene and even wanted to be her friend.

The family already owns three businesses in town: the science facility (Abiec Research), the bistro (Casper's Haunt), and the stadium (did not rename). But Devin just rolled a wish to own FIVE businesses. She's frugal, so I guess that extends to savvy investing? In a small town like this one, that would be more than half the businesses around.

Daphne aged up to teen. I think she's pretty in a unique way. You can definitely see both of her parents in her.

She rolled Genius, which her father had actually wished for earlier, but I never promise these types of parental wishes.

Speaking of Casper, he had a moment of inappropriate attraction to his neighbor's teenage daughter. Dude.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3682 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 10:23 PM
Well, I got tired of my Sunset valley which reached 2110, 160 into the future with generation 10 on the way. Orginally I planned to port the last two generation to a new hood, but I choosed to ditch the idea, because the family trees were too complicated.

So I probably will start playing a new world instead. At least I know it possible to go through more than 5 generation without moving world with help of Kuree Save Cleaner and Master Controller Total Annihilation, so Im satified with how many generation I archieved (from aging them up, lol. It took me a few real life weeks).
Field Researcher
#3683 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 2:25 AM
Nothing much going on.. Can't get much sim time in on week days... . I'm trying to find an old sims 3 legacy that I used to like to read, I just remember the founder sim was named Christian and he married a maid. Want to read that legacy again . But I can't seem to find it.
Field Researcher
#3684 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 8:38 PM
The last couple of weeks I decided to return to Bridgeport after... I honestly don't remember how many years! I had given up on the world and the whole celebrity system, which doesn't make any sense (at least to me). I remember the last time I played a celebrity who lived in Bridgeport, she had gotten "publicly disgraced" for getting into fights and the moodlet-icon didn't refer my sim as "falsely accused". It took me a while back then but I found out that EA couldn't tell the difference between Martial Arts sparring or when werewolves "practice fighting" (emphasis on "practice"!) and a real bar brawl (apparently, they still can't as I read earlier here on another thread!). The whole "experience" made me stay away from celebrities in general, so Bridgeport was unplayable for me because sims have to be celebrities to really enjoy this world.
But I love Bridgeport very much, despite all its problems, so I had to come back and try to play there again. I have created 2 sims who are boyfriend and girlfriend, Lucas and Selena and they live in a cheap appartement. Lucas got a job in the Music career (but his LTW is to become a Master Mixologist) and Selena has the LTW to become an actress. I have played them for about 2 sim-weeks, they proceed well on their careers (Lucas has only one level on the Mixology skill but he'll get better hopefully) and they have a couple of celebrity levels each. The problem I have to deal with, is Bridgeport itself because whenever my sims are sleeping or are in a rabbit hole for their jobs or an opportunity, I get pop-ups that they are "unroutable" and they get reset. I asked over at Nraas if this happens because of the Overwatch mod but I got the answer that the game itself has a built-in function (which came sometime with a patch) that continuously checks for sims that are "stuck" somewhere, there are also other players reporting the same problem and it happens, specifically, in Bridgeport (I didn't know about it because I was playing in almost all the other EA worlds but not Bridgeport).

Anyways, what happened today, scared me a little but maybe it was kind of fun too. Lucas had to read a book for an opportunity for his job. I "told" him to read it and he laid down on his bed to do that. When he had read almost half of it the whole problem occured, I got the pop-up that he is "unroutable" and the game camera "sent" me down at the entrance of the appartment building but, mysteriously enough, he was not there. I focused back on the appartement and I found him still on his bed but in a grey-ish/black-ish colour still "reading" his book. I canceled the "reading" action and he started to... float in the air as you can see in my screenshots. I panicked a little but a "resetSim" managed to fix him
I'll wait to see what more has Bridgeport in store for me (hopefully it won't be so creepy!).
Screenshots
Scholar
#3685 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 12:26 AM
@tysika

Quote: Originally posted by tysika
Nothing much going on.. Can't get much sim time in on week days... . I'm trying to find an old sims 3 legacy that I used to like to read, I just remember the founder sim was named Christian and he married a maid. Want to read that legacy again . But I can't seem to find it.

Is this the one? http://legacybaby.blogspot.com/2009...tarts-here.html

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#3686 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
@tysika

Is this the one? http://legacybaby.blogspot.com/2009...tarts-here.html

Nope haha. founder was a male sim.
Scholar
#3687 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 4:01 AM
Oops! Sorry, I found that legacy, saw the name Christian, and at one point there was mention of him maybe marrying the maid, so I thought aha! This must be it! But then I read on and he didn't marry her, and anyway I'd forgotten your Christian was the founder.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Field Researcher
#3688 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Oops! Sorry, I found that legacy, saw the name Christian, and at one point there was mention of him maybe marrying the maid, so I thought aha! This must be it! But then I read on and he didn't marry her, and anyway I'd forgotten your Christian was the founder.

Haha NP Thanks for looking.. I think it was on livejournal but it's probably been taken down now. It's been too many years xd
Scholar
#3689 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 9:20 AM
My sim Magne had his teenage son,Leif, move in with him recently. Leif had already been given his LTW which is Lvl 3 visas in all WA worlds. I've never completed that one, that I remember, so they have been traveling quite a bit. Magne exploring his romance options in every basecamp while having a midlife crisis and Leif is off adventuring and robbing tombs.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Top Secret Researcher
#3690 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
.... Leif is off adventuring and robbing tombs.

Wearing bunny slippers?
Scholar
#3691 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 3:58 PM
He popped out of his sleeping bag and had set himself on fire before doing anything else. Who am I to say he can't wear his bunny slippers if he wants to.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Field Researcher
#3692 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 11:16 PM
I just recently moved so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things in my game. I'm in between games right now, every game I start with, my main character is either a child or teen sim(that's one of my issues lol!)

Random question, how do any of you play your games in small worlds? I guess my mind goes 100mph and I think I need space so when the kids grow up they have their own homes and their neighbors that were kids have the same. I just plan ahead really REALLY early so it's like I can't tolerate a smaller world, but I want to!!! (I hate myself lol!)
Instructor
#3694 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 4:39 AM
Door to door service.
Scholar
#3695 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 1:58 PM Last edited by Elynda : 3rd Sep 2021 at 6:17 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
Drastic changes in my corner of Sims world. I'm still slogging away with story telling, but the advent of the Smoothness patch has encouraged me to get back to actually playing the game more. But even with the patch I was still getting unexpected crashes and freezing, and I noticed it was always in Sunset Valley. All of my SV saves were derived from the same two 'starter' saves which had everything placed where I wanted, and included all my favorite lots as 'permanent' fixtures. There was obviously something wrong, either with SV itself, or with those saves. A fresh start was called for, so I deleted every Sunset Valley save and installed ellacharmed's fixed version. Then I made a new starter save, again with everything I wanted placed and ready. I was able to test play it for several hours last night with no long pauses and no crashes.

Most of my important Sunset Valley families had long since moved to 'fresh woods and pastures new' but I rescued those that remained before deleting those old saves. These included the Little Sisters of St Simia, who lived at Greystones Abbey, up on the hill over looking the town. But I'd be ashamed to show you that lot now, when compared to this...

Cutsocks' beautiful Abbey of St Maron. (https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=576564). I love it! And I always wanted to move the Little Sisters into it, but playing a big, highly decorated lot like that? With eight sims? And without the Smoothness patch? Impossible! But this is where I tested things out last night, and the patch made all the difference.

So, as 'rosy fingered dawn' breaks over the new Abbey, it heralds a new beginning for Sunset Valley.

Forum Resident
#3696 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
When you're late for school.

This

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#3697 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 4:31 AM
Interesting developments are in hand in my 'rebooted' Sunset Valley, particularly at the new Abbey of St Maron. But it begins in Shang Simla...

Where, sitting quietly in common room at the base camp, looking rather out of place among all those Indiana Jones types, is this scholarly young woman. Her name is (or was) Lily Kim. Now she's Sister Lily. She recently completed her novitiate and will shortly be joining the strength at St Maron. But first I sent her to Shang Simla, to work on her skills.

Because there are certain skills you can only learn there...

Oops! I hadn't intended for her to be still wearing the wimple with her Sim Fu uniforms. She's actually bald under it, as are all the Sisters, because it's an accessory, and any hair would clip through it. Some of them have short hair styles when they wear athletic kit or swimwear, or they have head scarves (and also with their night dresses - it's rather drafty 'round the cloisters don't y'know!). But I think I'll leave it like that for Lily, it does look rather cool. Lily, the Fighting Nun. Yeah, I like that!

So, all together now...

"Every body was Nun Fu fighting...!"

Field Researcher
#3698 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 5:27 PM Last edited by natbsim75 : 7th Sep 2021 at 7:27 PM.
I noticed that ever since I downloaded again nraas SP, my sims go to their jobs more... glamorous (almost!)
(Don't get me wrong, I know that sims always wear ridiculous clothes when they are on the first/second level of their careers but all this was too much!)

1. Ayesha Ansari is level 1 (Decoy) in the Criminal career. I spotted her outside the Sunset Valley Diner and I "pulled" her in CAS to check wtf she was wearing... Yeah! That was her career outfit
2. Alec Trebo is also a Decoy in Barnacle Bay. His fashion choice is more glamorous than Ayesha's but he forgot to wear his shoes!
3. Jayden James shows that in Monte Vista rabid fans have style too (and remember to wear their shoes!)
4. That's my version of Nina Caliente in the Sims 3 (I killed off EA's version of the Caliente sisters with MC). She is a rabid fan too and I almost fell from my chair when I saw her go into the Barnacle Bay stadium for her first work day. Only a long T-shirt, underwear and... heavy jewlery (again no shoes ). I'm pretty sure that the audience wouldn't watch the game at all

Edit to add one more photo: 5: Nraas SP bought for Cornelia Goth a new car
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#3699 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 9:25 PM
--It's not considered "double post" since my previous post was 2 days ago, right?--

I was playing a single sim in Riverview and he rolled the wish to "become a business partner" so I sent him to the Dinner to become one. He went inside and I was waiting for him to finish. At some point, June Shallow came (probably she wanted to go inside and eat) the same moment that Hunter Cottoneye was exiting the restaurant. Without an argument or even having exchanged a single word, June attacked Hunter and the whole fight happened. Of cource Hunter Cottoneye won the fight! June got up from the ground and went to Hunter (as if the fight had never happened!) and asked him about his job. Hunter probably didn't like the question or he was mad at her from the previous attack because the look he gave her was like he was saying "are you joking?" and this time he attacked her and he beat the crap out of her again
During the second fight, my sim finally came out of the Dinner and he started to cheer for the fight in general and, as I understood a few minutes later, Hunter in particular! After the fight he went to talk to him, the whole "heartfarting" happenned and I was sooo surprised because I've played this sim for so long and he had never shown that he is attracted to male sims, he has 4 female romantic interests instead (and a baby with one of them!). I checked his gender preferences with Nraas MC and he is "bicurious" as Nraas Tagger calls him in his tag-icon. Unless he was always attracted to males too and I hadn't realized it, Hunter Cottoneye is the guy who can change a sim's... worldview
Needless to say that Hunter became my sim's 5th romantic interest and his first male one...
Forum Resident
#3700 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 6:55 PM
My Sim is living her best life today.
Screenshots
Page 148 of 161