Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Minor Update 12/21/2008: - baby/toddler/kids room "far from perfect"

by bienchen83 Posted 29th Sep 2006 at 9:03 PM - Updated 21st Dec 2008 at 6:37 PM by bienchen83

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 7:54 PM
Great job! This is so nice. I'm going to have to buy a new house so I can make a proper nursery! Thank you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#77 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by menother
I am having an identical problem and have the same circumstances. Please Help!!!

I replied to the other person having this problem per PN. Please tell me whether you already have other downloads in your game, whether you can see the window-sill decoration, how the files in your downloadfolder are named (they are packed twice, so you might possibly have rar-files in your download folder), which game configuration you have.
Thanks in advance.

Bienchen83
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
I replied to the other person having this problem per PN. Please tell me whether you already have other downloads in your game, whether you can see the window-sill decoration, how the files in your downloadfolder are named (they are packed twice, so you might possibly have rar-files in your download folder), which game configuration you have.
Thanks in advance.

Bienchen83

I have quite a few downloads already, although none that should conflict. I downloaded these with Q-xpress, and the only files that actually showed up in my downloads folder at all were the walls and floors and the collection file. I deleted these and redownloaded, with the same result. I put these into a subfolder, and left the names alone. Ingame, the walls and floors show up in the collection, but nothing else. I have Uni, NL and OFB.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 7:28 PM
What a job! I'm amazed......I especially love the toddler toys, which you took the time to add the "accesory" meshes to! (I'm in love with the zoo :-) )

Keep creating!
Suzanne
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 11:41 PM
Well, I´m not quite familar with Q-press. The other person having the same problem also downloaded the files with Q-press. Have you tried downloading them manually?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 5:50 AM
Back again to comment.....

I just can't believe how long this must have taken you....5 star accomplishment for sure! My OFB toystore looks like an actual toystore now!

One thing I noticed....I thought I'd just mention it.....the toy locomotive train...I can't get my sims to stop using it until I delete it using moveobjects on....which is a shame, because I love that train!

I try crossing out the "play with train" thumbnail, and put up something else for them to do, but no luck....I guess they like your set as much as me!

Anyway, I have all expansions and all stuff packs installed, if this helps...and my toy car still runs fine.....any ideas? I'd really like to be able to use it...

Best,
Suzanne
Test Subject
#82 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 11:55 PM
I love this set! Finally some new skill toys including mechanical and cooking. Everything else is great too...I cant thank you enough on behalf of all my many big sim household (I have a definate population explosion on my hands )
Test Subject
#83 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 11:59 PM
Oh, about the downlod problems..I had the same problems and I solved it by manually downloading the files and unzipping them not using Q-press. It seemed that they were nested zipps...maybe it cant do a zip inside another zip?
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 12:21 AM
I tried installing a file with Clean Installer but it didnt work, i dont have another program that works with rars.
Instructor
#85 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
AmberDiceless, I´ll do the list when I´m back on Monday, okay?

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you--thanks ever so much! It's incredibly helpful.
Test Subject
#86 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 11:10 PM
all of this stuff is awesome but for some reason it wont let me download if u can help me out it will be appricated my aim name is tylerh35 thank you
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#87 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crowridgestudio
One thing I noticed....I thought I'd just mention it.....the toy locomotive train...I can't get my sims to stop using it until I delete it using moveobjects on....which is a shame, because I love that train!

I try crossing out the "play with train" thumbnail, and put up something else for them to do, but no luck....I guess they like your set as much as me!

I have the same problem. I cancelled the train playing action from my sim's queue but she wouldn't stop playing with the controller. So I turned on testing cheats and tried "reset" but that didn't do anything. She just kept playing and the error box kept popping up. So I pressed delete in the error box and the train disappeared and my sim was fine. Here's the error log in case it helps. I have Uni, NL, OFB & GLS.

It's a shame because that train is SO damn cute. The whole set is! Thanks so much for sharing it! :D
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N004_t75257.rar (11.0 KB, 10 downloads)
Instructor
#88 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 2:18 PM
I didn't download - yet - but will when I get off work and I have a little more computer time on my hands! I do love it, it is incredible!

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#89 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 1:50 PM
The toy loco problem will hopefully be fixed soon. I told the person who made the template it´s based on about it, but haven´t got a reply yet.
@sim11: If you can´t download the files, this is probably a traffic problem. Try download them at http://sim2me.de
@all: I really appreciate all of you wonderful comments and I´m awfully sorry that I can´t answer here sooner but I´m really busy at the moment.
Test Subject
#90 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 8:33 PM
this is amazing work! thank you!^_^
Test Subject
#91 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 3:34 AM
can you make more cribs with the covers? That would be really nice!!! Also, awesome job!!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#92 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 1:33 PM
@Darr: You can use the covers with every crib and toddler bed as they are seperate. Or did I misunderstand what you want?
Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 3:09 AM
This set is absolutely amazing. Kudos to you. Thanks for making all of our playing that much more fun. :D
Test Subject
#94 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:39 PM
This set is beyond amazing! It took lots of unzipping to get it in the game but it was definitely worth it. Off to put lots of your stuff in the new house I'm building. Great job and congrats on getting featured!
Field Researcher
#95 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 8:28 PM
Very cool! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#96 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:04 AM
wow lovely set i have just download all the recolours too, it must of took some time to make this set, i hope you make more soon

OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE LOST
I MISS MY MIND THE MOST
Test Subject
#97 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 12:16 AM
Far from perfect....family fun pack....heh, heh. good one, Nice job though.
#98 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 4:29 AM
I tried downloading it manualy and it didn't show up in my game. I even restarted my computer. I'm about to try it again. I have NL,Uni, Pets.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

Thanx soooo much though, it seems amazing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#99 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 5:05 AM
Did you try to download the base game meshes?

Besides, there have been some people who had problems downloading this set from here. You could try it on my homepage. With your configuration, most of the items should show up, so you could try the "normal" version.
#100 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 10:37 PM
well...I have tried downloading ALL of the files listed. it didn't work. and I even just tried downloading the "revise" file. still nothing. I even went to your site and tried it. lol. I think I'm just confused. Which files should I download exactly?
Page 4 of 7