Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gender Preference Adjuster (Updated 10-16-05)

by LizzLove Posted 7th Aug 2005 at 5:09 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2005 at 8:28 PM by LizzLove : Updated to version 0.2

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by breyerii
Could you tell us how? (Sorry if this is common knowledge.)

Not much of Sims code would every be considered common Knowledge.
I try not to quote Maxis code too much as few understand it, but here goes.

Every object in the Sims has data associated with it.
One of the bits of data is their outfit.
The attraction code performs checks like this.
stack obj's person data Current Outfit == Const G - Person Outfits:3 (1);
The code then sets a value - or + based on the outfit.

Now Person Outfit:3 is Naked for example. So while attraction may not be based on the exact outfit, it is based on what kind of clothing (or lack of it) the Sim being looked at has on.

Hope this helps.

Quote: Originally posted by SIMplyLisa
Could a hack be made so when you choose sim A then click on sim B it would have a option to see this attration score Sim A has for sim B? Kind of like twojeffs "will I woohoo" only it would be "is he hot or not".

This could be done, but would be better added to TwoJeffs code. He has all the base code in place and adding this would not be too hard. Building up a new "object" from scratch for this one feature would not be real hard but would take a while.

Lizz
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 12:17 PM
So this current outfit code must be what it checks when the sim screams at seeing a naked sim. I always thought they should wolf whistle instead sometimes!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 4:33 AM
Just thick breeders
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 9:39 AM Last edited by psycho_katie : 10th Aug 2005 at 9:41 AM. Reason: typo
Wow, I wouldn't've known about the clothing thing. I always thought the attraction happened only for romance sims too. My romance sims range in their personalities and some even wear fully covering clothing (though it's fancy clothes, so maybe that counts?)

Otherwise- It's a good mod. I'm about to download the bed so if anything happens with it I'll post in the other thread.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 10:29 AM
Will this set the "wrong" gender to 0 or just to barely over the attracted line like in the default?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 10:53 AM
Any chance you could allow for more extreme changes to reduce the number of clicks, or have absolute negatives; Hate Men, Hate Women, Hate Everyone; that only lower, not raise? Might make it slightly more useful for those who want to curb some actions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vagrant
Any chance you could allow for more extreme changes to reduce the number of clicks, or have absolute negatives; Hate Men, Hate Women, Hate Everyone; that only lower, not raise? Might make it slightly more useful for those who want to curb some actions.

I can do this, but understand I have searched the code very thoroughly, and every place that Maxis checks the gender preference all they do is check for > 0 or < 0. So for Maxis code +1 or –1 is no different than +1000 or –1000. Now my auto bed and some other mods do use other values, but still nothing very high. I am hoping that nightlife will use gender preference in a more realistic way.

I will look at adding in a way to alter the individual values in larger increments.

Lizz
#33 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 10:23 PM
what excalty is this?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 11:28 PM
It's something that controls what your sim wants- guys or girls
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 5:33 PM
Cool thanks!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 6:32 PM
Thanks a lot..............Nice done............
Instructor
#37 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 8:54 PM
Cool, I wish maxis had made it that gay sims can only flirt and fall in love with someone in their same gender, and straight sims to only fall in love with the opposite sex, thanks for this anyway!
Theorist
#38 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 8:26 AM
I noticed that this says it's for the original game only. I downloaded this when I had my original game, then decided to try it out with NL and it works beautifully!

One thing I noticed is that even a couple of points will help a sim to make autonomous actions toward a sim to which they're attracted, which can be really helpful at times.
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 1:57 AM
may i ask where is this woohoo bed you made lizz? or are still making it? what all does this bed do please? thanks

~Salaena
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Salaena
may i ask where is this woohoo bed you made lizz? or are still making it? what all does this bed do please? thanks

The famous "Waterbed of love" can be found here
Hmm as for what it does, well everything it does would take a while to describe. But the short, short version is that it allows sims to interact in bed complete autonomously. They relax, kiss, makeout, woohoo, etc, all on their own. It is quite a riot, but unless you are running a jealousy mod, but careful with it. With the default settings your sims will get wild with most anyone.

By the way, the gender adjuster mod should work just fine with Nightlife, but I am not flagging it (or any of my mods) as Nightlife ready until I can be absolutely positive. I am working my way through all of them and checking all the code as well as testing in game.

Lizz

"Specialization is for insects, a human being should be able to do anything!"
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 10:41 AM
It does more than just let them play, it's a must for those seeking new friends...

Wander into the street, greet a passerby, head for the bed...

A short while later you have a new friend/lover, and your promotion is in the bag...
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 11:48 AM
can you please do this to a rar-file??
Forum Resident
#43 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 1:01 PM
Test Subject
#44 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 8:24 AM
Excellent! I love it. Much easier than having to jump into SimsEP every time I make a new sim.
Test Subject
#45 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 3:09 AM
so that would explain the random gay sims that happened despite my efforts

IN WAR, PRAY OVER THE DEAD AND RIDE ON, FOR THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER FIGHT ON THE HORIZON.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 4:02 AM Last edited by niol : 18th Nov 2005 at 4:35 AM.
Thanks a big bunch for the mod/hack... Love it...! Now, I can make some more sims "asexual", right?

Can now turn some straight or gay sims in to Bi...

:moose:

What's the reality to you in the aspect of sexual preference? (just for my curiosity..., ignore this when not interested to answer... )
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 12:31 AM
can you make a hack that allows you to choose the gender of a newborn baby?
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 12:51 AM
Just what I needed! Thank you!
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 4:48 AM
Well it’s about time that we can have a preference, the unavoidable down side to this is that you choose what the sim's preference is where as in real life sexual preference is no choice at all, and we just are.
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 5:19 PM
Awesome, thanks. ^.^
Page 2 of 3