Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fake Elevator Set 2 - Stainless steel

by Moon_Ez Posted 28th May 2005 at 10:53 PM - Updated 28th May 2005 at 11:47 PM by Moon_Ez

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Forum Resident
#26 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:07 AM
I really needed elevator doors because I am working on a house with elevators

Now known as CMW15
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 8:59 AM
Is it just my luck, or am I the only one who only gets 1 door available when installing these?

I downloaded them into my downloads directory, started game (UN & NL) and then when I go to use the doors, I click on sliding glass window, but the only new recolor there is a steel framed one, none with the windows and the nice steel meshes, any ideas?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jax2
Is it just my luck, or am I the only one who only gets 1 door available when installing these?

I downloaded them into my downloads directory, started game (UN & NL) and then when I go to use the doors, I click on sliding glass window, but the only new recolor there is a steel framed one, none with the windows and the nice steel meshes, any ideas?

Hi Jax2

I just tested to DL the door and they worked fine here. All the steel windows and wall and floors and everythig.
I suggest that you DL them again. Maby you missed something.
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 5:38 PM
Ok, I went and downloaded the top file (Elevator Steel Door n Windows.rar) again and went to unrar, but it said everything was already there, so I overwrote them anyhow. Still no luck.

Now, let me make sure I have this right though. I go into build mode, click on the sliding glass door, wait for the extras to pop up, and there should be like 5 doors you made, correct? Because still, the only one I see is the normal glass door, only with a steel frame, none of the pretty windows and such.

You are using University and Nightlife? I have both installed, no patches on anything though, could that be why?

Also, while I am here, I am pretty sure that was your white castle, just wanted to add, very pretty
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 9:42 PM
Ok, I went and downloaded the top file (Elevator Steel Door n Windows.rar) again and went to unrar, but it said everything was already there, so I overwrote them anyhow. Still no luck.

Now, let me make sure I have this right though. I go into build mode, click on the sliding glass door, wait for the extras to pop up, and there should be like 5 doors you made, correct? Because still, the only one I see is the normal glass door, only with a steel frame, none of the pretty windows and such.

You are using University and Nightlife? I have both installed, no patches on anything though, could that be why?

Also, while I am here, I am pretty sure that was your white castle, just wanted to add, very pretty

Hi again.
There should be 1 recolour for the door frame and 5 recolours for the glass.
I am using both Uni and NL now and it worked fine here. Have you rememberd to DL the CEP package? If yes then I really dont know what the prob could be.
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 10:09 PM
You caught me It's working now, I forgot to update my CEP as you suggested. Thanks, these look great, working on an english version of the complete working elevator tutorial, will give a link to your items Good day
Field Researcher
#32 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 8:49 PM
where can i find the original sliding door? Im not seeing any of these in my downloads...

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 10:16 PM
not quite sure what you mean, but the normal sliding doors are under doors ... if you want to use the elevator ones, just hold your mouse over the normal sliding doors a bit and then choose the one you want...

Need to find a gift for someone?
GetYourGiftsNow.com and sign up today! (shameless plug >8) )
#34 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 12:10 AM
:blow: :wow: thanks
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 11:47 PM
Default no clue!
Hey thanks for the stuff... I have no idea what i am doing at this point but eventually I will figure it out thanks to you!! and of course this entire site! by the way u look like that guy on 90210 except with blonde hair. :grouphug:
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 12:53 PM
help only one door works and the other doors do not apear
#37 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 5:15 PM
i can't download the elevator. it says "site not avaliable. what i do? anybody send me?
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 10:02 PM
where can i find the elevator stairs for it?
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 12:19 PM Last edited by Freddy_Evil : 4th Jan 2006 at 12:29 PM.
Default Tutorial for feeessen's elevator
You caught me It's working now, I forgot to update my CEP as you suggested. Thanks, these look great, working on an english version of the complete working elevator tutorial, will give a link to your items Good day

Note: A similar method will probably work for the other elevators too but I haven't tested it!

I have already done one, so I'll post it here:

How to use the elevator!

Tutorial by feeessen , 08.08.2005

English version by Freddy_Evil.

Download Shaklin’s elevator hack (direct link no longer available, but I can submit it for upload and we'll see if it it's accepted )

Build a 2x2 large room and lower the walls:

You will find the elevator control panel under the stairs category.
Place it exactly as indicated on the left side:

Go up to the next floor.
Place your carpet, and then build another room on top of the one below.

Place the elevator control panel exactly as indicated on right side, with the control panel on the left:

Go up to the next floor.
Place your floor covering, and then build another room on top of the one below:

Put a roof or further floors on top:

Add your doors and landings, decorate your walls inside and out.
If you want, you can use Numenor's WallWindows and Doors.

Thanks Numenor!

You will get used to how the elevator works.
Your Sims should be able to use it naturally within the house.
Test Subject
#40 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 12:55 AM
can you have any doors for it
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 10:50 PM
To Moon_Ez:
First off, let me state that I love your work! Your content is ingenious and always original! I would like to include your Fake Elevator Set in steel in one of my houses, but I would like to make it a .exe file for the technically challenged. Instead of directing them to the thread, I would like to include your set in the file. Of course I would say that this house would not have been possible without Moon_Ez's Elevator Set, give a link to your member page, and finally say that it is included and when they run the file everything will be there. It would be greatly appreciated!
#42 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freddy_Evil
Download Shaklin’s elevator hack (direct link no longer available, but I can submit it for upload and we'll see if it it's accepted )

I think i found a new link to Shaklin's Elevator Hack. Maybe one of you guys can confirm its the one needed to do the tutorial???

http://shaklin.ath.cx/xoops/modules...php?cid=1&lid=7
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 12:50 PM
These are great, I'm not very creative but I used these along with Targas Ascension elevators and Numenor Wall Windows to make a glass elevator in downtown's Han's Trap door Corp. Thank you and all the other fabulous creators for sharing you works of art.
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Freddy_Evil : 17th Jun 2006 at 6:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bring_the_cannoli
I think i found a new link to Shaklin's Elevator Hack. Maybe one of you guys can confirm its the one needed to do the tutorial???

http://shaklin.ath.cx/xoops/modules...php?cid=1&lid=7

Yes, Shaklin's page is at a new address now.

The address for Shaklin's downloads page is : http://shaklin.net/xoops/modules/PD...ewcat.php?cid=1 so your link should work.
Test Subject
#45 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 11:45 AM
great idea! ;D build that fake like mesh + teleport xD

[ZOMG]
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 11:50 PM
wow? wow, wow, wow, ty, ty, ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 12:19 AM
My Long Search Is Over!!!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#48 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 2:23 AM
This works great in combination with Targa's "Ascension" - Elevator Stairs (which can be found at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97172)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:31 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 12:57 AM
Thank You
Page 2 of 2