Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#11501 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I use: <snipped longer post>

Thanks @Phantomknight - that will be very helpful.

On the floating kids - you can also fix the problem sometimes using BHAVs, as Chris Hatch explained in this thread. But it definitely doesn't work for every animation.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11502 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 4:39 PM
A clone of the "ask to watch kids..." interaction that automatically transfers money to the babysitter (how much can be determined with a slider, perhaps).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#11503 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:26 PM
so I just had the most awesomeliest idea for a mod .. of sorts (well the idea sounded cool to me :P) .. though I don't think it's possible to do...

anyways...
ya know how a sim gets a memory when they have a baby ... well what if they also got a "found out they were preg memory .. maybe with the first bump ... memory could be a good/ bad one dependin on mood when they "found out" and what their asp is

also a red had baby memory for same reason as above would be cool as well
Mad Poster
#11504 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:42 PM
My sims usually find it out when they hear lullaby. And when they will get out of the bed they immediately start to talk about it.
Theorist
#11505 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
My sims usually find it out when they hear lullaby. And when they will get out of the bed they immediately start to talk about it.

I have the silent preg mod as I like to be as surprised as the sim is when they bump.... lol
Mad Poster
#11506 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 1:26 AM
A sure fire way for them to 'know' they're pregnant is when the female rushes into the bathroom and starts throwing up. Even in a modded game, the "Am I pregnant" question will show up in her thought bubble...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#11507 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
A sure fire way for them to 'know' they're pregnant is when the female rushes into the bathroom and starts throwing up. Even in a modded game, the "Am I pregnant" question will show up in her thought bubble...

True .. I just thought it'd be cool if they got an actual memory of them findin out that they are pregs ...
I doubt it's somethin that could be done... well, I suppose a memory could be made (though not by this goofy gal who knows squat when it comes to modding :P) and then manually put in with either SimPE or Memory Manipulator ... but I much prefer things to happy autonomously and/ or randomly ...
Lab Assistant
#11508 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 1:26 AM
An edit of the Dueling swords from Simwardrobe to allow sims to kill one another for medival RP.

JESSE!
Mad Poster
#11509 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I'd like to see a global environment mod/hack or even an object hack that keeps the environment at maximum across all forms of lots regardless of what they are. If there is a mod/hack/object hack out there for environment I haven't seen one yet and I've been looking for a long time for years now.

Is it even possible to max out environment score and keep it on max?
Even Simslice Electro Booster what keeps all needs on max doesn't affect environment, And whatever I try to do, when my sim goes off to work, their environment drops a lot.
It will be really great to have this kind of hack.
Test Subject
#11510 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 6:35 AM
I'd love to see a mod removing the crossed out thought bubbles Sims get when another Sim uses the bathroom. They're slowly but surely ruining my pictures in bigger families, haha.
Forum Resident
#11511 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 9:32 PM
After the recent death in my game which I didn't actually orchestrate, I really wish there was a funeral mod. Like, an event one could throw that would have all guests arrive (like a wedding), maybe in a pre-picked black outfit (like how in the base game the bride would change into a white glove-dress at the altar), and the attendees would mourn the deceased and maybe cheer each other up autonomously. That combined with the eulogy mod from here would make funerals a lot less annoying than mine was, having to make everyone selectable to sit them down every five seconds because they just wouldn't sit still for god's sake.

Quote:
And whatever I try to do, when my sim goes off to work, their environment drops a lot.

That sounds like there're some things outside that are bringing the score down. I think roaches and maybe weeds and leaves, but at the very least a kicked trash can surely bring down the environment score outside.
Mad Poster
#11512 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
After the recent death in my game which I didn't actually orchestrate, I really wish there was a funeral mod. Like, an event one could throw that would have all guests arrive (like a wedding), maybe in a pre-picked black outfit (like how in the base game the bride would change into a white glove-dress at the altar), and the attendees would mourn the deceased and maybe cheer each other up autonomously. That combined with the eulogy mod from here would make funerals a lot less annoying than mine was, having to make everyone selectable to sit them down every five seconds because they just wouldn't sit still for god's sake.

That sounds like there're some things outside that are bringing the score down. I think roaches and maybe weeds and leaves, but at the very least a kicked trash can surely bring down the environment score outside.

Look in the links under my signature or look up 'funeral' in this forum. There are files you can use to phone guests for a funeral, you can pick which clothes they show up in for it, too with a few hacks. I use a hacked chair to make them sit while giving a eulogy and they all properly cry while listening..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#11513 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sakell
I'd love to see a mod removing the crossed out thought bubbles Sims get when another Sim uses the bathroom. They're slowly but surely ruining my pictures in bigger families, haha.

The showHeadlines off cheat helps for pics, but it removes everything, so it's not great for gameplay.
Inventor
#11514 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 1:01 PM
Regarding pregnancy: I've noticed there seems to be a special speech bubble (a white pacifier) that will sometimes pop up during chatting if the sim is pregnant but before the first bump. I have the silent pregnancy mod and have been clued in to a pregnancy by it when the sim had no morning sickness.
Field Researcher
#11515 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 5:55 PM
I wish there was a mod, or even an object, that affected Lot Class.

It seems like, no matter what, all my lots are Low Class.

It doesn't affect my game play too much - especially now that I know to use the boolprop temporary fix to make this change when new Apartment Neighbours are moving it.

But there are a number of really cool looking mods by simler90 that are affected by Lot Class, and so I haven't downloaded a bunch of them.

I'd like my Lot Classes to actually reflect the class of the lots!
Inventor
#11516 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 5:16 PM
Something I was reminded of and I don't think I've posted about before, is that it'd be fun to have assignable objects to set up fake workplaces. For example, say I have sims in the journalism career. I could build a newspaper office and plop down some assignable computers, using a career specific drop-down to find and assign playables to those computers. Then, when I visit the lot with someone else, those playables spawn at the computers and "work". It'd be even nicer if they can be interacted with, have some job-specific functions, and are there at hours they are scheduled for at their job level. I know Chris Hatch has some workplace mods but they seem to be more of the "follow your sim to work" type of thing. I'm thinking more of something kind of like Sophie-David's lecterns, with any functions being linked to their particular job (like maybe someone could go in and do an "interview", or "place an ad" with one of the spawned workers). The workers wouldn't need to earn any money while spawned, since they would still be earning money the regular way when their lots are played.

Another mod I'd love but highly doubt could ever be done is the ability for sims to rent spaces on a community lot, instead of buying a whole lot outright. They would work kind of like apartments, with the renter sim having control over their own little space, while the other spaces are game-controlled like how owned lots are when visiting with a non-owner.

Both of these thoughts came about because I had been building main street type buildings in one hood and thought they would be so much more fun to visit if I could properly fill up all the spaces.
Theorist
#11517 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 7:09 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 21st Aug 2020 at 8:31 PM.
thought I'd share this here so anyone else who thought as I did 'bout it bein cool to get a "I'm pregnant" memory. whoward69 did it :D

Well, he was already workin on his mod and added my idea to it. It's a pregnancy test kit which the sims take either directed to or autonomously.

Ok, seems as if I posted the wrong link ... good mod though :D
Here's the I'm pregnant memory.
Lab Assistant
#11518 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 4:04 AM
I'd love someone to merge the 3t2 bikes conversion set that Veranka did with some form of functionality that doesn't involve the use of NPCs (like mickyss rideable bikes and mopeds )

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Forum Resident
#11519 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 4:03 PM
I'd like to see a mod where if you slow dance with a sim, Stepping on toes is wiped out. I understand that sims with low music and dance skills will step on feet more often than not, But I am making a video with 2 sims slow dancing through a complete song and it keeps being interrupted by stepping on toes. Should I just cheat up the music and dance skill or is there a mod that can nuke stepping on feet completely?
Mad Poster
#11520 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 5:36 PM
It'd be cool to have an Animagus skill that witches could develop if they maxed out their magic skills... Even if it's still just limited to the cats, dogs, wolves, skunks, and penguins that exist in the game already, it could still be a really fun way of bringing a more magical element to the animals in the game.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11521 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 5:36 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 29th Aug 2020 at 5:46 PM.
I'd like a mod to hit this on the head:
Fun-loving children and teens coming home from school with their Fun meters tanking because school is so boring. Playful kids are lovely and they deserve much better. The public school system is failing them, and failing them badly.

I know that some serious motivated pupils -- like Andrew and Julian -- enjoy school and the learning experience it gives them. And good luck to them. But it fails far too many more playful pupils and makes their young lives miserable. Is this really the purpose of school -- to take all the fun out of learning? Sometimes, when I see young lives ruined like this, I think that it must be.

Now I know Maxis' answer to this: get them into a private school. But lets face it: the private school system stinks too. It is absolutely rooted in notions of snobbery and elitism. It's not just me who thinks this. My young Sim friend Andrew thinks so too. I know because he said so. When that pompous prat of a headmaster Tony Bertino refused to let him into his snobby little school. When the prat said that he and his wonderful mum Gloria were "not the sort of family with which the school wished to be associated". Do we really want impressionable young Sims' minds to be inculcated with this sort of pernicious nonsense?

No! The young Sims of Veronaville and its environs demand a root and branch reform of the education system that gives them the stimulating and enjoyable schooling that they so richly deserve.

So does anyone know of any mods that might give my playful young Sims an education, within the public school system, that doesn't take all the fun out of the learning experience? You know they deserve better than they're getting.

When writing this I got so impassioned that I shed real tears. When I become a Sim, I really will go into the Political Career; I think it's where my vocation must lie. There'd be votes in it too. The voting age in Veronaville is now 13. And the population is young.

Credit: The young teen who helped me with the illustration for this post is Glenda McBain of Veronaville.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#11523 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 7:00 PM
Thanks HugeLunatic!

I believe I've seen that mod before, but I'd forgotten all about it! Nysha says (or implies) it might clash with Inge's schools, but seeing the only one I use regularly is Flexi-school (for Sims who don't go to school at all) I suspect it will be ok. I also use Moghughson's Homework Sometimes Faster Fun mod, which I believe gives a small boost to serious Sims (like Andrew and Julian). Anyway I'll try it, and, if I get any problems, changing the load order might help. If it does work, Glenda and her brother Gerry will be very grateful to you and Nysha. And so I think will a lot of other young Sims in my game.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#11524 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 11:41 AM
Meduza released custom smart phone mod, now I'd like to see non-replacement handheld devices?
Field Researcher
#11525 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 7:32 PM
I want the option to invite all sims over for 3 days, not just vacation Hood sims.

I always play that my university is far away - it would be nice to invite kids home for a couple days to see their parents.
Page 461 of 582