Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:20 PM
Default Not a Pets REQUEST only an issue
I did not see anywhere to post an issue, I am not requesting and thought you should know. I am usuing the current version of Clean Pack Installer. I have the most current publically released version of SimPE. I am not sure whether this is a SimPE issue or a Clean Installer issue, so I have posted the issue in both forums. None of the recolors from SimPE Maxis items are attaching to lots when I package. All new meshes and recolors for those meshes are attaching. Thought you would like to know. Sorry if this is what you meant by "requests".

Catherine (a.k.a. Ricci2882)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:00 AM
I am having the exact same problem. I have recolored maxi items for my lots and they are not attaching when the lot is being saved. I just downloaded the new SimPE and am still having the same problem. The recolors are not uploading to the exchange either.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 11:07 AM
Yes we figured this out since I last posted this. Clean Pack will not attach Maxis recolors to lots, but it will pick up new meshes and mesh recolors if you're using Pets. It does create a problem when you use your own recolors for lots for upload anywhere. I am running Pets, but also on another computer without Pets so that I can package lots with my recolors. I'm sure by now they are aware of this problem and are already working on it. It's just another case of being patient until they can resolve the issue.
Any time a new Major Expansion comes out it's bound to cause problems. We as simmers and creators must learn to be patient until all the bugs are worked out. I posted this here so they would be aware of the problem.

It's so hard being a patient person, LOL! :0)
Catherine
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 4:08 PM
It is not a CI issue but a maxis or amberstation packaging one ! I has the same pblem so i given up to build with the pets !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:23 AM
I don't know, I found that the Sims2Pack was working for me, so I assumed this was a Clean Pack Issue. But with all things Maxis, it could be a matter of some things working and some not. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.
Catherine
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 9:59 PM
Did I miss something? The Clean Installer has not been updated since January. Will it be updated? I get crazy error messages clicking Update inside the CI. It's also not installing pets correctly; I'm trying to find out where those files are supposed to go and do it manually ... sigh!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 5:38 PM
Yes, this seems to be an issue since Pets with the recolours not packaging.
ReneeFox, no the Clean Installer is unsupported now- apart from the technical help on here. There are as far as I know no plans for a new release. The updater thus will not work.
For the Pets packaging issue, try installing the pets with the Maxis Bodyshop installer instead. To do this, go to Program file/ EA Games/ The Sims 2 Pets/ CSBin. Find the icon there called "Package Installer.exe"- it will look like a little white person on a blue background. Get the sims2pack (packaged pet) that you are trying to install, and drag it onto the "Package Installer.exe" icon. This will force the game to open the sims2pack using the latest bodyshop installer, and should solve the problem.