Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 4:00 AM
How do I get the orginal sims 2 installer back that came with the game?
I'm haveing to many problems with the clean installer, and its frustrating me, so please, someone tell me how to get the original one back for the time being!!!
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 8:13 AM
You just uninstall Clean Installer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 5:21 PM
Tried that, and even tried reinstalling, but whenever it starts to reinstall it says that I have to uninstall the old version first, and then it asks me if I'd like to do that now, and then I click yes, and nothing happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 5:37 PM
I tried deleting the registry keys, but it won't let me do that either.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:13 PM
I know this sounds pretty simple but did you try changing the "open with" program to the one you want to open it? Just a thought...hope this helps
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 1:53 PM
To change the file association, right click on any sims2pack and select Open With> Choose folder. You will now see a browse window- click 'browse' and navigete to Program Files/ EA Games/ The Sims 2 (latest Expansion/ Stuff pack name)/ CS Bin/ Package installer.exe. Click ok, then tick the box that says 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file'. Click ok again.

To uninstall The Sims2 Pack Clean Installer manually if you cannot do it through add/ remove programs, go to Program Files and delete the Sims2Pack Clean Installer folder. Then use regedit to remove the registry keys, as in this post:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=217787