Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 11:19 PM
EMPTY packages - Clean Installer cleans ALL
Hi there

I have beiing playing with the same EPs on the same CP for months........happily building and packaging lots........Suddenly my Clean Installer is wiping out ALL of the files when I re-name and save a lot that I have removed unwanted CC from. THIS is only happening with new lots, not ones that I built before last week.....I have a feeling that I have downloaded some bad CC, BUT how would I recognize it if it isn't showing up empty in the program? Any ideas as to where I could start??
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 3:11 AM
One possibility is that you have some CC in the package file that has non-standard characters (something besides English letters, numbers, dashes, underscores, etc.) Warning -- this will drive you absolutely crazy.

Finding the file can be tedious - because if you don't have your computer set up to render the non-standard character as the character it is, you will see a normal character.

Good Luckk!

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 4:41 AM
Thanks for the reply Bonnie

Any idea how to start trying to solve the issue?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 7:24 PM
Rename all of the files you are trying to package- you can use a bulk renamer program if there are a lot of them (or Windows will rename in bulk, if you select multiple files).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 9:04 AM
Hi there simsample, thank you for responding

I tried the packages I used on the malfunctioning lots one at a tme on a separate lot and the file causing the problem seems to be Numenor's recolourable deck stairs. When I open a lot file with ONLY these stairs on it, the game object (NumenorDeckStairs_main_package) shows up TWICE on the Clean Installer and BOTH of them AS WELL AS ALL recolours of them show up as empty packages when I save the file under a different name (as I would after cleaning it for upload). I've NEVER had a problem with the stairs before and use them more than any other that I have. I think the scripts for the Maxis modular files got messed up somehow because other maxis modular stairs (which I seldom use) are packing empty too. TWO problems
1) When I check my download folder with Clean Installer ONLY one deck stair main package shows up.....could someone have renamed it in a file I downloaded, and if yes, how would I find that file? would having two of the same (uncorrupted) files cause this
2) If it is a script issue, where would I find a copy of Maxis original modular stairs script?

PS
I found a package in the scriptorium listing the date modified as Thursday March 31, 1859, could this have affected all of the scripts? I have removed it and that didn't solve the problem
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 10:36 PM
The original script files are on your installation CD, most likely in the compressed.zip file. You can scan your downloads folder using the Clean Installer- duplicate files will show in pink.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 11:41 AM
thank you for your help

I have removed Numenor's stairs, there is SOME conflict with them suddenly and it seems that I can't use them at all for now. I think I must have downloaded something that conflicts with them
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 2:11 PM
i need help logging in to download manager ........please help me
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 5:56 PM
dns0848, that's not a Sims2Pack Clean Installer issue. You need to ask the creators of the download manager you are using.