Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 1:19 PM
Default Recategorizing Maxis objects
Yes, I'm back with another question.

I've been trying to make Magic Town a bit more interesting by using some of the stuff that came with the other expansion packs, but I noticed that the mask display that spawns Miss Lucile isn't available anywhere but Old Town.
Since she can max a sims's health with a good fortune telling, I'd love to have her available near a magic show stage.

Is there any program that can safely recategorize or unlock maxis-made objects or clone them?

Thanks again in advance

~~like a dirty dog
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 4:24 PM
I love TS1 but am not a modder. The people at Parsimonious made a ton of great stuff for TS1 and they still have a great deal of it up on the site. As they were so prolific in creating for The Sims they may know of something to achieve what you're looking to do if you can't find an answer here. The site is www.parsimonious.org I recently put TS1 on my PC but it created havoc with my current PC system so I had to remove it but I did get to play for a few days and that is one fun game! Fantastic activities, animations, and objects. I keep hoping they'll do some of that for TS3 but they probably won't. Darn! I really want to play Superstar. Good luck with the project.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:57 AM
Hi delonariel,

I'm a bit late, but maybe you're still looking? I can't say for sure whether it is Makin' Magic compatible, but there was an official Maxis tool for recategorizing objects called the "Object Organizer", which you can download from here:
http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html...ontent=getcool/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 9:57 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I sort of forgot about this thread.

Thank you so much for the tips. I'll definitely have a look at the organizer.

~~like a dirty dog