Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:15 PM
Default How do you set up the non-install version of Clean Install on a Mac?
I downloaded the non-install version of Clean Install here, and now I have no idea what to do. What I downloaded was a folder that contains various files. I don't see directions for where to put what file anywhere on the download page or on this site. Can someone tell me where all the files belong?

Here is a screenshot of what's included in the folder.

I am on a Mac but the folder hierarchy for Sims 2 files is very similar to that of Windows. Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:13 PM
Someone who is familiar with MACs will have to write some instructions, since I don't have access to a MAC. In the interim, perhaps this will help you:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:33 AM
Thanks, Mootilda. I've considered some of that stuff before, especially BootCamp since my computer came with it. but I am afraid because I have a lot of irreplaceable stuff on my computer. I might try it once I get another external hard drive. Very helpful list, though, especially because it's written with Sims people in mind .
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 4:00 AM
I haven't had a chance to test the no install version on my mac. But you should be able to unzip into a folder, open terminal and type mono, space, then drag the exe into terminal, and press enter. Of course you would need to install Mono first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 4:45 PM
What's mono?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 5:08 PM
Mono is a cross platform program that will allow you to run .net programs in OS X (and other non-windows environments). It's number 5 in the link Mootilda posted.
Site Helper
#7 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 7th Apr 2011 at 10:33 PM.
After getting the Clean Installer v1.6.14 running on your MAC, you'll want to set up the following file associations. I'm not sure how to do this on the MAC, but here are the instructions for Windows XP and I believe that it's a similar process:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...4&postcount=151