Replies: 8760 (Who?), Viewed: 427162 times.
Page 351 of 351
Field Researcher
#8751 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 9:39 PM
I've only ever had a sim miss the exam once, because there were a bunch of dormies in the doorway. I was so mad that she fell behind her friends, but thinking back on it is quite funny

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#8752 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 10:00 PM
In my game, Adam decided to get his first woohoo with her girlfriend who was a senior. It was late that night.
Then instead of going to bed like everysim, he chose to play video game all night. He went to bed on the morning and was sleeping while everysim went to the finals.
He was mad at himself when he woke up and reached aspiration failure for being put in academic probation.
I rolled a dice and he'll have to quit college.
There were 5 playables at the dorm. Not everybody can succeed, right?
Inventor
#8753 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 10:31 PM
Today I have learnt that nothing is ever as it seems in this game.
Screenshots
Theorist
#8754 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 5:21 PM
Ever since I started playing, years ago, I always wanted to rent a house on a vacation spot. I know there are houses you can buy but I wanted to rent a house. I discovered that if you put a front desk in some obscure corner f the lot, a hotel door on the house, and change the lot zoning, this is quite possible. I now have houses ranging from $1,998 a night to $4,900 a night. I didn't want it to get boring so I put the front desk in different places. One beach lot has the front desk on a little dock. One house has a small shed in the back with the front desk inside. Then this house in my bin that had a garage. I took off the garage door, made the garage smaller, put in the front desk and there I had it.

I also discovered while testing a hotel I built, that woohooing in an elevator is not considered a public woohoo. Only did my sims fulfill their want to public woohoo was when the woohooed in the photo booth.
Top Secret Researcher
#8755 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 7:20 AM
I was playing one of my college couples who've been incredibly unlucky with risky woohoo and are now pregnant with their fourth accident, and discovered that throwing up brings down the date meter. It was kind of a rush to get the dream date before she threw up again.
Theorist
#8756 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:07 PM Last edited by Essa : 30th Nov 2020 at 12:25 PM.
While playing the Phaneuf household, I found the tombstone of one of the stray wolves. In my game, non playables age using a mod by Ancient Highway.
Then I play the Cormier household who owned a dog. One of the member went to the community park with the dog who died there. It was totally unexpected. It was a first for me.
Scholar
#8757 Old Today at 3:19 AM
I discovered that child ghost Sims can haunt like other Sims!! I always thought child ghosts were broken (not sure why - I feel like I read it somewhere) and didn't show up at all. It's really choppy - they don't float around like other deceased Sims. They just teleport around the lot and haunt things.

Faith Fraser was very happy to see her bedroom untouched. She also saw her Da and decided to spook him. If anything, he seemed excited and pleased to know that his little princess is not lost to him forever. For some reason, her aura turned from red to white when she scared him.
Screenshots
#8758 Old Today at 3:59 AM
Servers at an owned restaurant will fill holes dug by stray dogs.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Theorist
#8759 Old Today at 4:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBoo8
I discovered that child ghost Sims can haunt like other Sims!! I always thought child ghosts were broken (not sure why - I feel like I read it somewhere) and didn't show up at all. It's really choppy - they don't float around like other deceased Sims. They just teleport around the lot and haunt things.

Faith Fraser was very happy to see her bedroom untouched. She also saw her Da and decided to spook him. If anything, he seemed excited and pleased to know that his little princess is not lost to him forever. For some reason, her aura turned from red to white when she scared him.

@BeckyBoo8
It's said that the child ghost animation is broken.
There's a fix: https://earlypleasantview.tumblr.co...-children-float

One of my sims got robbed. I wanted to see how many objects the burglar would take. It seems the number is three.
On a side note, my sims have to buy a burglar alarm at the police station.
Top Secret Researcher
#8760 Old Today at 5:18 AM
Child ghosts *are* broken, even if you fix the animation. They cause untouchable NPCs to show up on the lot because the game is trying to send a parent to bring the child "home" when they are "visiting" after the curfew time. You should either send child graves to community lots or just use a hack that prevents them from spawning.
Top Secret Researcher
#8761 Old Today at 6:09 AM
1. Teens can sneak out on vacation. Kendra McCarthy drove all the way out to Three Lakes so that Tybalt could sneak out at least once before going to college.
2. Tybalt qualifies for the Orphaned Sims Assistance grant. Admittedly this one is one of those "Well, duh/of course" moments. But I had just tweaked CJ/jfade's scholarship mod to adjust all the scholarship prices. I gave a little more money for skills, less money for badges to match the skill scholarships, less money for dancing and billiards and lots of money for orphans. I was thinking of all those townies who grow up and go to uni with nothing. About how it's hard for them to buy a new wardrobe and some personal belongings with their meager allowance. I thought I'd help them out with making the Orphan scholarship bigger. I could always make them selectable and have them apply for scholarships before going to uni, especially if I'm playing them in a simlogical school.

Well, instead it turns out I just gave Tybalt, a trust fund kid, a 4,000 scholarship. Right after his grandfather took him on a vacation to Three Lakes, set him up with a $20,000 college fund, and gave him a new laptop and car. I should I make him and his sisters donate it, right?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 351 of 351