Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 1:43 AM
Default Recolour Distant Terrain?
It has been a while since I've lurked around in here. Still trying so hard to get a world made. Started again in 2020 and I got the farthest I ever have but I want to restart again lol. Just not in love with it and it's too big and I'll never finish it! I'd really like to try using Midnight Hollow but I want to green it up a bit. I'm making a supernatural world but I'd still like to see and for it to have greenness and trees that live etc.

Is there any resource I'm missing on how to recolour distant terrain? I'm about to dive in head first myself and see if I can figure it out since I've googled for quite a while and found nothing.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 7:18 PM
Others probably knows more than me, but I would go through the world file and see if there are any pictures for the DT you can download and recolor in Photoshop or similar.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 3:54 PM Last edited by Sococo. : 29th Jun 2022 at 6:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Others probably knows more than me, but I would go through the world file and see if there are any pictures for the DT you can download and recolor in Photoshop or similar.

I'm not sure how to find the world file to be honest.

I had pretty good results just replacing textures and slapping up Moonlight Falls lighting. However, now I'm finding the world just... too mountainous.

It's so hard to commit to something if you're not loving it immediately. I really like MH better than the Riverview based one I started before but I'm also looking at shrinking down one of the distant terrains to make a medium world I may actually finish. Has anyone successfully extracted the Moonlight Falls stupidly called "Street Star"? I can't find it in S3OC I can see most of the others in there. I have Supernatural installed but it's part of a complete collection. Everything's in game but can't find the distant terrain in S3OC

edit: Ok I get it now. The items have different names depending on where you look. CUTE! I opened my eyes a little wider and noticed you could sort by EP and clicked through them all until I found "Distant Terrain" listed under SN. The details on the right tell you the catalogue name "Street Star". Just in case anyone else is as impatient as me trying to google through this process lol. Sorry ignore me!