Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 12:04 AM
Default Some questions about CAW
I recently came up with the idea of recreating a certain neighborhood from The Sims 2 in The Sims 3. I plan to recreate even the ancestors, townies and NPCs appearing in this neighborhood.

I don't have much experience with Create a World, so I read this tutorial:
https://cawtool.fandom.com/wiki/CAW..._Create-a-World

After reading it, a few questions come to my mind, namely:
1. In this neighborhood (and every other in TS2), the babysitters are elders and the newspaper deliverers are teenagers. Is there an option to have service NPCs in my world be in those life stages?
2. This neighborhood features deceased ancestors. Just one, to be exact. Is it actually impossible to add them to the world?
3. This may seem wild, but can you add your own taxi/carpool/schoolbus drivers?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nadziejka
I recently came up with the idea of recreating a certain neighborhood from The Sims 2 in The Sims 3. I plan to recreate even the ancestors, townies and NPCs appearing in this neighborhood.

1. In this neighborhood (and every other in TS2), the babysitters are elders and the newspaper deliverers are teenagers. Is there an option to have service NPCs in my world be in those life stages?
2. This neighborhood features deceased ancestors. Just one, to be exact. Is it actually impossible to add them to the world?

Making worlds in TS3 is VERY timeconsuming and research is a big part of the timeconsuming thing. I bought a new computer that doesn't have a CD drive and I have a world I started on and I think about it every day.

There is 2 main way of creating the final file for people to download. A world file and a save file. Some things may have to be made in gameplay and for that reason you need a save file. I wonder if ghosts might be such a thing. You can also make both for downloaders off course.

You have to google world creating because it's an old program and there is a lot of knowledge out there. This forum also has many old threads that can be very educational.

There is an option with a mod to add people to your world file, but what kind of people you need to add as NPC's I don't remember. There is a list out there, you have to google again. I added a dog to a janitor position or something. The people who used that world never said anything about a dog working as a janitor, so I'm thinking the game replaced it.

There is also a certain level of technical knowhow needed, and an ability to read documentation and follow instructions
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nadziejka

Sims 3 create a world is super different from Sims 2 world creation...you'll pull some hairs, and potentially go bald.

1. I would assume it's possible to make NPC's in these life stages using mods from NRAAS. I haven't done this myself, I am just simply speculating. I'm sure you'd have to use something like Register, Retuner, and Master controller for that. I wonder if you could change the life stages of the NPC's used as a whole with Retuner. ?

2. Yes and no. To have deceased ancestors who are totally dead but show up in the family tree, it's not possible to import sims, kill them in CAW, and then export the downloadable world. Not sure why they didn't allow this. There is however, a world made last year that was shared on Reddit, an Italian user recreated Strangetown. Somehow, they were able to add dead ancestors to the various family trees, but when I asked how they did that, I didn't get a response. There was a language barrier though. A round-a-bout way of adding dead sims would be to create ghosts, and port them into your CAW world.

There is info online saying that adding most types of Supernaturals can cause corruption, or not recommended because certain characters would lack character data. One example to this contention is that mummies added in CAW don't retain the information of their "prior appearance" if they're cured of mummy-ism. The wiki linked (which I've read in the past) doesn't really help in my opinion. It's kind of out dated, and doesn't explain much of anything. Ghosts and mummies are "hopelessly corrupted" if they're cured...but why? What makes them horrifically corrupted, what happens to my game? It doesn't explain that, or what version of the game this happens on; or if this corruption can just be fixed with popular clean-up mods like Error trap, and Overwatch.

But the wiki is right in saying that any sims killed in CAW don't show up in the final exported world. Their headstones will say remains. Once again, I wish I knew why EA didn't allow us to do this, since so many of their worlds came with cemeteries that have grave stones you can resurrect.

3. In the way that Sims 2 had actual individuals as drivers? I would say no. It seems that in Sims 3, almost all of the drivers are just random throw away sims, generated to transport people everywhere.