Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 11:52 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 22nd Mar 2021 at 9:20 PM. Reason: Removed Files; hoping to upload them soon
Default Repeatable Be Enemies - Updated 2/20/21 with Repeatable Be Best Friends
So @Fyren5 noticed that the "Made Enemies with Subject" memory didn't seem to be repeatable/only happens once. If a sim makes another enemy, they don't get a new memory for it. Well, I've fiddled around in SimPE before, so the problem sounded fixable to me, but... I've never made/uploaded a mod before!

So I'm hoping to get some feedback-especially since I haven't been playing the game myself recently. I'd like to know if it works, if there are any conflicts that come up, and, from a modding perspective, if the file is okay or if I forgot to do something or exclude resources, etc.

I'm very nervous about this (again, never made a mod before!!), but thanks in advance for any feedback people can give.

ETA: I've updated the file to set the memory to be unique per sim instead of repeatable--that should eliminate the duplicate memory issue some were experiencing. Thanks again to @Radium for the advice on this.

ETA 2: Added Repeatable Best Friends. Maxis default is unique per sim, but with this sims should be able to get a new memory of becoming BFs, even if they already have one. So if Sim A lost Sim B as a best friend, and then later made up with Sim B and became besties again, both sims should get that memory of becoming best friends again. I've tested a bit and I don't have any issue with a double memory, but let me know if it pops up.

I'd like to mod the "Made Enemies with Subject" memory the same way, but right now I can't figure out why it's not working that way. As I noted in my update below, the memory is set up a bit differently than the best friends memory, and I can't figure out why or where the memory is getting duplicated.

Also, I do have all EPs, so if there's someone out there with a different set up, please do let me know if the mod is working (or not working) for you! I didn't really consider compatibility when I made it, but if I'm going to upload it here, I should. I'd appreciate that feedback.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 4:44 PM
Technically, the mod itself looks good. But as far as I observed, other relationship memories are unique per Sim (const 0x2005:0x02), not repeatable.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 9:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback @Nopke, I really appreciate it! I was wondering if I should take a look at other memories, because of that issue. I think most of them make sense, but I think I might check the other enemy and friend making memories at least.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 1:11 AM
@Phantomknight
Okay, so I tested the mod out in gameplay and I can confirm that it does allow sims to get more than one memory of gaining an enemy, for example, in my test game, Sim A had memories of making enemies with both Sim B and Sim C. However, there is an issue with it. The game seems to give two memories per individual sim. For example, when Sim A became enemies with Sim B, he had two memories in a row titled 'Made Enemies With Sim B.' The same thing occurred when he made enemies with Sim C. I hope that made sense.

Thank you for making the mod by the way, as it can help people keep track of when certain sims became enemies

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 4:08 AM
I was just about to say exactly what CrystalFlame360 just said, haha. I'm keeping it in my game despite the double memory. Thank you so much! :D

Another memory I've noticed that doesn't repeat, which I feel it should, is the "Snuck Out With" memories. I wish they'd repeat with each Sim they snuck out with rather than just the one memory with their first sneak out. If that made sense. Ahh well! I'll live. LOL.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 6:19 AM
Thanks for testing everyone! I'll have to look into the double memory--not sure why that's happening. But Gummilutt already made the Sneak Out memory repeatable @Fyren5. It's here: https://gummiluttmts.tumblr.com/pos...y-is-repeatable

Scholar
#7 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Thanks for testing everyone! I'll have to look into the double memory--not sure why that's happening.

Thank you for all your efforts!

But Gummilutt already made the Sneak Out memory repeatable Fyren5. It's here: https://gummiluttmts.tumblr.com/pos...y-is-repeatable

NO WAY!!! I'm SUPER happy right now. I didn't know it already existed! Thank you so, so much!!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 4:38 PM
@Fyren5 and @CrystalFlame360 I've updated the file above. Please try V2 and see if that eliminates the duplicate memory issue.

Only thing is that I'm not sure that you'll be able to get the memory for the same sim more than once (like if a sim makes up with a sim and then becomes enemies again).

Scholar
#9 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 5:53 PM
Wow! I'll give this a test ASAP and will edit this with my result.

It's very rare for my Sims to lose their enemy status with another overtime, so this won't be an issue for me. :D

Thank you Phantomknight!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 10:56 PM
@Phantomknight

Okay, so I've tested this new version and the memory no longer duplicates.
Only thing is that I'm not sure that you'll be able to get the memory for the same sim more than once (like if a sim makes up with a sim and then becomes enemies again).

No, they don't get a memory of the same sim more than once.

Personally, I'm fine with this! I'm not sure the specifics in what this mod sets out to do (like is Sim A supposed to get a memory per enemy regardless of sim), but I'm happy that sims can get memories of every enemy they made now. Thank you!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 3:51 AM
CrystalFlame360, that's what I observed in my testing, too, so that's good. I just wanted to mention it in case someone comes across that scenario.

But I tested the Best Friend memory as well, and it works the same way--only one memory per sim. ...Hmm, I forgot to check the memory for losing a BF. I saw that one more than once, but I can't remember if it was for the same sim. (I was testing in the Bell household in Desiderata and made Issac cheat on his wife with his sister-in-law. So Sharon could have just had a memory for losing each of them as best friends.)

Anyway! Milestone BFF memories like the Made 3 BFs seem to be repeatable, but that's it. Personally, I'm okay with this, too, especially since it's how the BF memory works. If someone really wants to get the memory twice for the same sim, they should still be able to do so via the Memory manipulator.

I'll leave version 2 up a little longer, in case anyone else comes across a conflict, but this looks like it's ready for uploading!

Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 8:16 PM
Double posting because update:

So I looked at the "Lost Subject as Best Friend" memory and I was right--it is repeatable. Sims could have multiple memories of losing a sim as a best friend, but only one memory of them being best friends in the first place. That didn't seem right to me so I took a look at the "Made Best Friends with Subject" memory and was able to make it repeatable instead of unique per sim. That's available in the first post now, if anyone wants to try it, too. I didn't experience any issues with duplicate memories, either, but test and let me know.

But from looking at that memory and the lost best friend memory, it's clear something wonky is going on with the "Made Enemies with Subject" memory--I just can't figure out what. The enemies memory does have a slightly different CT - Add Memory and Function - Main bhavs, but updating them didn't fix the duplicate memory issue and instead introduced new errors. So I'm taking more time to look into it.

While V2 is functional, it just doesn't sit right with me that sims can have multiple memories of losing best friend status with the same sim, but not of becoming best friends or enemies. Well, the best friend issue can be fixed at least, but still--I'd like the enemies memory to work the same way. Maybe it's cuz my sims often have lots of storied history and drama, but I feel like memories should show the full ups and downs of a sim relationship. I can think of more than a few sims that could benefit from a properly repeatable "Made Enemies with" memory. Angela and Lilith for one--their relationship has definitely seen some ups and downs. And practically all of Veronaville, what with all the feuding and the star-crossed romance going on. So yeah, I'd like to make this work.

If anyone with modding experience comes along and wants to take a look, I'd appreciate it. Again, I'm still a novice at reading bhavs and modding in general so this is really stumping me.

ETA: Fun fact, the Made a BFF memory is also unique per sim, but unlike with best friends, there doesn't seem to be a memory for losing a BFF. I'm not even sure that's possible without mods. It looks like BFFs really are forever in the sim world. Anyway, because of that, I'll be leaving that memory alone, but I did look at it.