Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Magic Gardening Gnome (updated 2011-07-07)

by dolphin26 Posted 16th Mar 2010 at 7:44 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2012 at 6:47 PM by Buzzler : added link to updated version

359 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 284 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 15
Test Subject
#276 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:15 AM Last edited by turon : 10th Apr 2011 at 8:18 AM. Reason: More details
I have the same problem as rampdiva.

I cheated on the mana and placed 99. I tried replacing it and cheated the mana again and it still said I ran out of mana. If it helps my game version is 1.19 and I don't have any other gardening-related mods installed.

The "ran out of mana" notification also kept popping up even after I deleted the gnome from my lot.
Field Researcher
#277 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 12:53 AM
I just came here to report the same problem that rampdiva and turon had. Here are some additional details:

I used the cheat menu to add 1000 mana and I set the gnome to "pulse." It worked just fine until it ran out of mana. Then I started getting several error messages every second telling me that it was out of mana. I was able to enter buy mode and delete the gnome, which stopped new messages from popping up--but by the time I did that, there were already around 450 of them.

Later I might try seeing if this happens if it's not set on pulse. Maybe the gnome ran out of mana and instead of stopping, kept trying to "garden" the plants that needed work?

I really like this mod, so if it's just pulse that's not working on I'll continue to use it.
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 8th May 2011 at 9:01 PM Last edited by candyapplegirl : 9th May 2011 at 2:17 AM.
Edit: Never mind. I really don't know for sure if it's a problem with a mod conflict or what. My game is just borked.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#279 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:11 AM
I have generations installed and it works fine with my game. I didn't realise this had been updated in February/January and I'd been playing with the old version through LN so, it must be a pretty stable mod.
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 7:45 AM
I have all EP/SP's including Generations and it's working for me with and without the many mods I have.

*Newness coming.....*
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PiperK1980
I have all EP/SP's including Generations and it's working for me with and without the many mods I have.

thanks! I love this mod!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#282 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:06 AM
I haven't really had a chance to give it a thorough workout yet, but so far it seems to be alright with 1.22 and generations. It appears fine, clicking on it brings up the right menus, etc, and didn't cause it to crash, or freeze the game like it did with a previous update. As I said I haven't tried it properly, as in no plants to check the actually operation, but given the way the rest of it looked, I would be expecting it to work right.

Maybe someone else has had a chance to do a wider reaching test.
Test Subject
#283 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by a65wizard
I haven't really had a chance to give it a thorough workout yet, but so far it seems to be alright with 1.22 and generations. It appears fine, clicking on it brings up the right menus, etc, and didn't cause it to crash, or freeze the game like it did with a previous update. As I said I haven't tried it properly, as in no plants to check the actually operation, but given the way the rest of it looked, I would be expecting it to work right.

Maybe someone else has had a chance to do a wider reaching test.

I gotta update other mods before i can test.. but if I find any issues with it later I'll make sure to post.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#284 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 6:02 AM
Thank you! I love this mod so much! It makes gardening so much easier
One Minute Ninja'd
#285 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 9:36 PM
I've been using the latest version on 1.22 without any issues, until during my last 2 games I experienced the "out of mana" problem described in a few posts above. I did have that happen sporadically in the past (your version matching Sims version), but never 2 games in a row. My mods are all up to date, and are pretty much the same ones (updated to correct version) I've been using for months. The gnome absolutely makes gardening fun instead of work, and is one of my favorite mods. I didn't find any solution with the other reports, but wondered if you had any ideas on this one?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#286 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I've been using the latest version on 1.22 without any issues, until during my last 2 games I experienced the "out of mana" problem described in a few posts above. I did have that happen sporadically in the past (your version matching Sims version), but never 2 games in a row. My mods are all up to date, and are pretty much the same ones (updated to correct version) I've been using for months. The gnome absolutely makes gardening fun instead of work, and is one of my favorite mods. I didn't find any solution with the other reports, but wondered if you had any ideas on this one?

If it says it is "out of mana", you need to charge the item. See the instructions on the first page for how to do this. Basically, you can use gems or, if you prefer, cheat to set the mana high enough that you won't have to worry about it.
One Minute Ninja'd
#287 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 12:40 PM
dolphin, I'm sorry, I might not have been clear. It repeatedly says "out of mana" even when there are over 200 in there. Even adding more on top of what's in there does not silence the frequently displayed message.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#288 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
dolphin, I'm sorry, I might not have been clear. It repeatedly says "out of mana" even when there are over 200 in there. Even adding more on top of what's in there does not silence the frequently displayed message.

Bah! I fixed this last March, and I thought I uploaded the update, but it looks like I forgot! Anyway, I just uploaded the fix as version 1.06, let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

If it doesn't immediately resolve it after you update, please delete your gnome, replace it, and try again.

Thanks!
One Minute Ninja'd
#289 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
Bah! I fixed this last March, and I thought I uploaded the update, but it looks like I forgot! Anyway, I just uploaded the fix as version 1.06, let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

If it doesn't immediately resolve it after you update, please delete your gnome, replace it, and try again.

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm downloading now and let will you know after playing today.
One Minute Ninja'd
#290 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:30 PM
After several hours of play, no "out of mana" notices! BTW, I just swapped out the Jan. version and added 1.0.6, and didn't need to replace the gnome already in place. Checking the "About..." option, it displayed the 1.0.6 version.

Thank you so much. This is one of my favorite mods. I doubt I would bother with gardens without it.
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 2:20 AM
Hi Not sure id anyone aked I looked around and did not so so ... How well does this play nicely with the mew EA magic skill and the book? ( wich I have

I read over on the Magic skill mod here and it's back in "WIP" mode.
SO I wanted to see if any one here has the EA store Item as I do and use it with the gnome?

Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#292 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:12 PM
Thank you for this! So CUTE!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#293 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 11:35 PM
bitte auf 1,24 patchen,ich freu mich schon.danke
One Minute Ninja'd
#294 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 4:12 AM
So far, for me, it is working fine with 1.24.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#295 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:29 AM
new one isn't showing up
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#296 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:36 AM
Same here, works fine.
I like this gnome, thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#297 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 6:45 AM
I have to say, I really hate the mana system. I <I>like</I> the "cheating" version and am glad my old copy still works because it annoys me you took it down. You could have kept it on and had both on offer, you know.

Still, that aside, it's damn handy. Sometimes there's not enough hours in a sim day to just get a large garden harvested, let alone fertilise it all as well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#298 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi_Sardinia
I have to say, I really hate the mana system. I <I>like</I> the "cheating" version and am glad my old copy still works because it annoys me you took it down. You could have kept it on and had both on offer, you know.

Still, that aside, it's damn handy. Sometimes there's not enough hours in a sim day to just get a large garden harvested, let alone fertilise it all as well.

The mana system is designed to be easy to circumvent if you don't want to use it. There's an option to easily add as much mana as you want, just use the mana->cheat option and specify a large amount (I typically set mine to 1000 mana) to get the option to behave as before. This only has to be done once, so it's a minimum hassle, and it makes the mod available to people who felt it was too much of a cheat before.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#299 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 3:19 AM
awesome mod! keep it up to date for all the new expansion packs!
Test Subject
#300 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:42 PM
Dolphin, thank you so much for this mod - I am a huge fan.

I was just wondering if anyone had checked to see if this mod was working with 1.26?
Page 12 of 15