Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:36 PM
I would try the 1.5.126 first, but remember you need basegame version 1.8.25 and WA Version 2.3.33. So in your case that would mean a backup and reinstall, as you are going to an older game version.

cbenn- did you solve your problem?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:19 PM Last edited by simsample : 17th Feb 2012 at 8:56 PM.
why a back up I haven't played anything. I just wanna build this world I have planned?

I forgot the link, can I have please?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:57 PM
Well, if you don't have anything to backup then there's no need! I was just reminding you.

Link to what?
Forum Resident
#54 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 17th Feb 2012 at 10:31 PM.
to the patchs for base game and WA. cause I'm reinstalling again (I messed up somehow before) so i wanna get all base game things done before I put WA in) and every time I install it goes to 1.0.631.00001 and the only up date is 1.29.

And WA goes to 2.6... And when I try to update from simsprogrmas.com It says " the installed version of the application could not be found the application will now terminate."
if I don't put in WA what version of CAW would I need. And would CAW still include the WA options

Am I missing something?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 11:30 PM
Ah, the game patches, of course! *Simsample is half asleep*

Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Download/Archivedwiki

As far as I know, the only version for non-WA was the first release-- and I don't know if a copy of that still exists. If you did not have WA installed you would not have the WA features in CAW, the same goes for all EPs and SPs.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:33 AM
Ok i followed the link but each time it still says "The installed version of the application could not be found the application will now terminate."

am I putting in the wrong place? it automatically goes to my downloads. And do I have to the patches in order?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:22 PM
The patches don't go into the downloads folder, they are executables that you run. This may help:
Game Help:TS3 Patchingwiki
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 12:10 AM
I'm so angry. I've followed everything, tried downloading, installing, about seven/eight times now and it still doesn't work. I've looked everywhere, and I have all ep's apart from Ambitions, and no sps. My game is up to date and I don't think I need any patches.

I'm at my wit's end trying to get CAW, but to no avail. Should I just give up?
Forum Resident
#59 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:02 AM
Simsample. I know they are executables but the downloads folder is where everything goes the minute i click download and when I try to run it still says "The installed version of the application could not be found the application will now terminate."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:10 AM
LittleSquare- please post your game versions, that will help us to see what's happening. Do you get an error message, or does CAW just not do anything?

Katie Turner- Perhaps you are downloading the wrong locale? You need to download the correct patches for your region.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 3:47 AM
I've tried the worldwide one and the Americas one. If that's what you mean and still nothing[IMG]Sims stress[/IMG]
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:46 AM
I can't see that image, don't know if it was important or not!

Can you tell me the full SKUversion of your WA install, including the region code? If your basegame is 1.0.631.00001 as mentioned earlier, then you need to install this patch to take you to 1.8.25.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 2:56 PM
don't worry image was put by accident. And what is a SKUversion. If you mean what it goes to when I put it in: 2.0.86002001.

I haven't had a chance to put WA back in yet, I was waiting til this morning, should I put it in or do the patch first
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 3:07 PM
You can do that basegame I linked to first, if you like.

Assuming that your WA is the same region as your basegame, you would then need this patch for WA when you install it.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If your basegame is 1.0.631.00001 as mentioned earlier, then you need to install this patch to take you to 1.8.25.

I still get: "The installed version of the application could not be found the application will now terminate."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:27 PM
Are you running the patch as an administrator? This sounds like something is blocking the patch (UAC perhaps). That's assuming you have your game installed to C:\ Program Files (x86)?
Forum Resident
#67 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 6:38 PM
no and I probably can, what does (x86) mean?

The computer as six users, my mom is the administrator but if I run i as her wouldn't only update and be playable under her name
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:53 PM
Simsample: My error message is: Your currently installed version of the game is not compatible with Create-A-World, etc, etc..
My game versions are:
World Adventures: 2.0.86.002002
Late Night: 6.5.1011031
Generations: 8.0.152.011001
Pets: 10.0.96.013001

I'm pretty sure I've patched everything up fine, and I don't have any new updates. Any ideas to why I can't get CAW?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:05 PM
Katie Turner- Are you on Windows 7, Vista or XP? You need to have administrator priveleges to be able to install the patches.

LittleSquare- What is your basegame version? Your World Adventures game is unpatched.

Make sure your basegame is fully patched (version 1.29); if it is not then download the superpatcher here:
Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Download/Currentwiki
And install it.

Then patch WA- use this patch:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownload...1032_Update.exe
And apply it.

After that, uninstall CAW, clear your browser caches and download the latest CAW version, which should work.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 11:18 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 20th Feb 2012 at 2:51 AM.
windows vista. I right clicked run as administrator and IT WORKED. Now I just need the link to the CAW version you said I need.

Please
Forum Resident
#71 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 4:08 AM
anyway I re-installed CAW and tried to install patch 1.5.126. and it said:

"The setup had detected 1.13.007 of The Sims 3 Create a World Tool-Beta is already installed. this setup installs an earlier version of The Sims 3 Create a World Tool-Beta (1.5.126 ) You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version."

I downloaded CAW from the sims 3.com. So maybe I have to download it again from another place(so if you have the link, and to another version of 1.5126,) please
In the Arena
retired moderator
#72 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 7:04 AM
Links to older CAW versions are in post#1 in this thread, in the table.

The official site only host the current CAW version to match the current Patch version.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Links to older CAW versions are in post#1 in this thread, in the table.

The official site only host the current CAW version to match the current Patch version.

I know that the site only has the new version. But I had to download the thing itself first didn't I? and I got the link from where you said.

and that wasn't a very helpful
In the Arena
retired moderator
#74 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:18 PM
Pointing you to where the links for older CAW are isn't very helpful? OK.
I thought that was what you were asking for.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 20th Feb 2012 at 4:43 PM.
OK I unstalled CAW that I downloaded from the offical site, and just did through the 1.51.26? patch I need. right clicked run as admin....started working. suddenly it says CAW cannot run while sims 3 program is on please turn other programs off and try again. or something along those lines. I did, then computer froze and had to log off and back on. went to try CAW again and ...

"The sims 3 game data was not found. The sims 3 Create a world Beta-tool may not function properly."

and

"The sims 3 Create a world Beta-tool has Crashed! Exception information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

THIS IS SQUARE ONE AGAIN

base game version: 1.8.25
World Adventure Version: 2.3.33
Create a world version: 1.5.126
Page 3 of 7