Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 4:19 AM
Default More downloads than views?
I noticed on my recent upload, and on a few other CC uploads, that there are more downloads than views, by hundreds. What could cause this? It seems very strange to me. I would think you'd have to view in order to download, right?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 9:29 AM
Unless someone is sharing a direct link to the file?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#3 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Unless someone is sharing a direct link to the file?

Hello @Inge Jones,
Previously (as I upload a set of items) I thought members/guests were downloading the full set zip.file and the individual item zip.file. I started "bolding" in the main text the set zip.file has all the items.

As this persisted, I was curious and googled my username and found this example (of several):-
https://www.liquidsims.com/sims-2-d...ch-stuff-living
This links back to Mod the Sims to download the zip.file(s).

Is there some way to find out who is sharing a direct link to the file?
Should the person sharing a direct link have the creator's express permission?
Is this website linked to Mod the Sims?

Thank you in advance for any clarification.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 10:52 AM
Liquidsims appears to be correctly and politely directing users to your thread, not direct to download. I guess you'd need an MTS superadmin to check out any IP connection logs filtered by the url to your file, if they had time to. In reality there is probably little one can do that is time and effort efficient. And sometimes this is done by a non-english-speaking site where they describe your download themselves and spare their users the difficulty of navigating a forum in a language they don't know.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#5 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Liquidsims appears to be correctly and politely directing users to your thread, not direct to download. I guess you'd need an MTS superadmin to check out any IP connection logs filtered by the url to your file, if they had time to. In reality there is probably little one can do that is time and effort efficient. And sometimes this is done by a non-english-speaking site where they describe your download themselves and spare their users the difficulty of navigating a forum in a language they don't know.

@Inge Jones
Thank you for your reply.
I will try and investigate more about this site - probably contact them direct.