Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 1:09 PM
Favorite architects!
I know you DO have to have fave architects.. like you know you're gonna see one of their buildings and you can't sleep for days, they are your gods and menthors and you could kill all the people that don't know them..

Mine are Alvar Aalto, the great Frank Lloyd Wright, Mies Van Der Rohe and Le Corbusier =D

I'm about to see Le Corbusier's Villa Saboye!! In less than two months!!!! *screams*

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 9:52 PM
I`m glad you`re going to see the villa! My favourite architects are Frank Lloyd Wright, Le Corbusier, as well as Sir Christopher Wren, Charles Garnier and Friedrich Gruenagner.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:45 PM
I also going to go to Le Corbusier's Villa Saboye!!!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:15 PM
And we will embrace the columns as good architecture freaks!! xDD

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Alchemist
#5 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 2:38 PM
I have never heard of any famous architects.
maybe you can post me some links so I can see interesting stuff cause I'm really interested in architecture since Nina is studying it.

See i have no choice but be isolated
Threatened
Forced to extract the heart
Pushed aside
Made segregated
Struggling
Left alone
Apart...
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 2:48 PM
those are really good, and I would like to live in first one!!! Can someone buy it for me?

Threatened
Pushed aside
Made segregated
Struggling
Left alone
Apart...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 2:24 PM
If I could buy it I would buy it for me!!!!
Alchemist
#9 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 8:36 PM
Oh Gosh, then I'll have to steal it from you.

Threatened
Pushed aside
Made segregated
Struggling
Left alone
Apart...
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:59 AM
A few months too late, but I also love Le Corbusier, Mies Van Der Rohe, Wright. You can also look at Kenzo Tange, a wonderful Japanese Architect, and eclectic as his designs are, I LOOOVEE Antonio Gaudi. His works are so fluid, dynamic, organic, dramatic, mysterious, awe-inspiring. It was such a shame he didn't get to finish La Sagrada Familia. Even if I'm not Catholic, I really admire the "gaudi" detail-work he did for every square inch of that Cathedral.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 3:40 PM
Oh my! I love Gaudí as well! And one another awesome Japanese architect that I love (apart from Kenzo Tange too, Toyo Ito and Kengo Kuma) is Tadao Ando

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 11:17 PM
No reply in 32 months! Oh NO!

Well My all time favorite architect is good ole Frank LLoyd Wright! He was very inventive in coming up with all the "modern" building techniques in his day, that we still use now!
I also like Richard Morris Hunt who designed much of the Newport "Cottages" for all the wealthy back in the Guilded Age here in America!
And one more is Henry Hobson Richardson because of the new style he created in: Richardsonian Romanesque Revival, very imposing facades of stone with arches and turrets!

That is all!

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 9:36 AM
I can't name my favourite architect, because I have a lot of favourite architects. Lately I started to like bulgarian architects that worked during the 30-s and 40-s, they created a very clean classical style that is imposing and modern at the same time.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 9:08 PM
It may be kind of unoriginal to choose architects who designed buildings pretty much ONLY found in the region I live in, but I love the designs of Charles Frederick Whittlesey and especially Mary Elizabeth Jane Colter. Both of them designed buildings that served as Harvey Houses (think like the Judy Garland musical, but real, and not so ridiculous) and Colter in particular helped inspire the National Park Service Rustic style, or "Parkitecture," so even if she didn't design them herself, lots of buildings in western National Parks are directly inspired by her designs. The lot I'm working on the most right now is actually the El Tovar Hotel, which had the exterior designed by Whittlesey, and the interior designed by Colter, so I get to try to work in BOTH of their styles in one lot!