Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No autonomous Deep Fryer or Ice Cream Maker (compatible with 1.67)

by daciasil Posted 25th Sep 2012 at 6:46 PM - Updated 4th Feb 2014 at 9:42 AM by daciasil : updated for 1.63

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 7:28 PM
Thanks for this mod!!! It's what I waiting for since deep fryer and Ice cream maker came up. I really hate the fact the sims only select those machines to have a meal (no more fridge or cooking).

Can you make the same with the fondue fount?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 7:59 PM
THANK YOU! My Sims would go after these all the time, even on static needs! They would even cancel out important things like "go to work" to get something out of these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 8:00 PM
Thanks so much! I made an ice cream shop in one of my neighborhoods, and by the end of the week the place was disgusting and my town's obesity stats were out of control!
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 8:16 PM
Finally ! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 10:19 PM
Thank you so much! This is a godsend.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 12:35 AM
Great idea except I don't have these items. Can you maybe make a version for the crystal ball? My sims always seem to be using that every second and it takes away from the purpose. That would be awesome if you go do this for other premium content store items as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 1:57 AM
thanks they were all so obsessed with those fattening smacks XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:15 AM
I have the crystal ball too. It kept giving me bad horoscopes about losing money and friends, so I don't really play with it. I can look into making a mod that makes it less autonomous and less likely to ruin your day if you're interested.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:19 AM
Less autonomous Sauna too! My Sims spend all their waking hour inside the Sauna!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:49 AM
Thank you so much for this mod, really! I had a house with eight people, all of them crowding around day in and day out to use the fryer and ice cream maker, and not a one of them would ever even finish using either. I can't count how many times the house almost got set on fire!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 11:19 AM
Thank You for this mod. I wanted these two pieces then when I got them I ended not using them because my sims would not leave them alone which resulted in overweight sims that spent more time making, eating and cleaning the ice cream and fryer then going to work and taking care of what needed to be done lol
Theorist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 2:02 PM
Thank you so much!!! my sims are addicted to using them and it was driving me nuts!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 5:35 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! You don't know how many times as god I have tried to get them away from these inventions. I don't want to ban them from my home but want them to be healthy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 8:33 PM
It did not work for me ;_;
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelda
It did not work for me ;_;

Can you say what exactly didn't work? It might still need a few adjustments, so please be specific about what works and what does not work for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 2:08 PM
Dashboard says that this conflicts with Fabulous Fiesta
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 9:25 PM
The sims spontaneously continue to use the fryer and the ice cream machine with the same mod installed, I'll check if the mod does not conflict with something.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:13 PM
Amazing!
Thanks a Million!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 9:05 PM
I am about to break into song. I was soooo annoyed that paid for those items from the Store but could never use them because all people would do is deep fry ice cream (bleh). They never cleaned it, and constantly got ill from having eaten something filthy.

You are good person. I'm now very happy and am going to play...first - updating the kitchen.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 5:12 AM
I've uploaded version 2. Please test it again and see if it works in your game. Remember, with the common sense mods they will still autonomously use the ice cream maker and deep fryer; they are just less likely to use them. If you want to completely stop them from using the ice cream maker and deep fryer, use the new 'no autonomous' mods.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 7:22 PM
May I make a suggestion for a flavor that repels Athletic Sims from using the machines for the common sense flavor?

If anyone wants to do it themselves just add this line to the <output> code:
Quote:
<Change type="TraitAthletic" advertised="-200" locked="True" actual="-200" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="True" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

I thought this tweak would be good/better because Athletic sims should be making healthier choices.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 7:36 AM
That's pretty neat, fway. Kind of opens up a world of opportunities. When I have some more free time, I'll try to make it more attractive to slobs, party animals etc and less attractive to neat, athletic, perfectionist etc. Let's get some ideas and feedback from the community on what they would like to see, and then I'll have a go at it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 7:48 AM
I sometimes am reluctant to add new content that adds more autonomous actions... as my Sims are distracted way too much to begin with! lol Mods like this one are life savers. C:
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 2:46 PM
Thanks for this, you are a life saver. Now I can actually use these items again.
Page 1 of 3