Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 7:16 AM
Default Changing the CAS part category for a piece of CC
Hello!

So I'm pretty new to all this, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I downloaded a piece of CC that I really liked, and it came as a tattoo part. I was wondering how I could possibly change this to a facepaint part instead? I thought it might've been as simple as changing its category in Sims4Studio but that didn't work. This is purely for personal use, too. If it matters, the tattoo in question is located on the face of the sim so it just made more sense to me that it be made into a facepaint so I could get rid of it for some outfits.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
Hello!

So I'm pretty new to all this, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I downloaded a piece of CC that I really liked, and it came as a tattoo part. I was wondering how I could possibly change this to a facepaint part instead? I thought it might've been as simple as changing its category in Sims4Studio but that didn't work. This is purely for personal use, too. If it matters, the tattoo in question is located on the face of the sim so it just made more sense to me that it be made into a facepaint so I could get rid of it for some outfits.

Thank you!

What do you mean it didn't work? What exactly did you change in S4S and what happened?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What do you mean it didn't work? What exactly did you change in S4S and what happened?

I changed the "outfit type" in Sims 4 Studio from tattoo to face paint, and it doesn't show up in the face paint section. I'm not sure what else I should've done to have it show up in face paint.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
I changed the "outfit type" in Sims 4 Studio from tattoo to face paint, and it doesn't show up in the face paint section. I'm not sure what else I should've done to have it show up in face paint.

Try removing the 'Feminine' or 'Masculine' filter for the facepaint category in CAS. I don't know why, but CC facepaint seems to be filtered for masculine/feminine while EA facepaints aren't.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4