Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2020 at 8:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Can I use both these default skins together?: Kurasoberina's and You Are Real
I just checked Kurasoberina's post about her skins and she said it can be used with the You Are Real skins, but I'm confused because you can only have one default skin at a time. Is that what she meant or am I tripping?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th May 2020 at 10:21 AM
You can definitely use both together or any combination of skintones and Buhudain's You are Real defaults.
They don't actually override the same things.

Buhudain's You are Real defaults only touch the normal maps, so any skintone you'll use will be a bit more detailed and seems more in relief.
Kurasoberina's default skins (as all others) do touch the more visible textures of the skin.

So yes, you can use them both together without any conflict.
And anytime you're not sure if mods should go together or if they override the same files, you can always check for conflicts with the Dashboard tool.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2020 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
You can definitely use both together or any combination of skintones and Buhudain's You are Real defaults.
They don't actually override the same things.

Buhudain's You are Real defaults only touch the normal maps, so any skintone you'll use will be a bit more detailed and seems more in relief.
Kurasoberina's default skins (as all others) do touch the more visible textures of the skin.

So yes, you can use them both together without any conflict.
And anytime you're not sure if mods should go together or if they override the same files, you can always check for conflicts with the Dashboard tool.

Thank you! So does that mean that I have to delete the simcompositer file before I start my game up again after downloading Kurasoberina's?
Instructor
#4 Old 29th May 2020 at 7:08 AM
Well yes, you can. It's mostly recommended to delete your cache files now and then, especially when you downloads new CC.
The Dashboard even has a functionality to delete all the cache files, if you want to use it from time to time.