Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 4:26 PM
Default Kids not reacting to cheating parents
Hey!

I have recently noticed that my kids are not reacting at all to their parents cheating. Probably a mod is causing it. I did a deep research for it, and all i could find that its romancemod that is causing it, which i dont have. I have ACR and inteen thaat are related to romance, are those the ones that are overwriting it? Or something else? Is it possible to turn it on? Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 4:58 PM
ACR gets rid of the reaction that kids have whenever their parents romantically interact with someone who isn't their other parent, even if it isn't cheating. There is a second reaction called the jealous scold, which I think looks identical but is a reaction to a someone cheating on the sim's relative, which ACR does not block.
Inventor
#3 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 10:58 PM
The reaction to cheating parents is pushed by Emitter/Trigger - Jealousy. It builds two arrays of all lovers of both involved people. Then the scolder runs Function - Awareness to decice if he needs to react by comparing his family relationship against both sets of people. The entire Awareness could be disabled or Should scold Sim A? be disabled.

See if your mods alter group 0x7F210196. You can search with a hex editor for this value (backwards): 96 01 21. Total Commander can search for hex values in files (among other software). If your mods are not compressed contrary to the preachings of the church of Oil, you could also search for the releavant BHAV names. This should narrow down the possibilities.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
The reaction to cheating parents is pushed by Emitter/Trigger - Jealousy. It builds two arrays of all lovers of both involved people. Then the scolder runs Function - Awareness to decice if he needs to react by comparing his family relationship against both sets of people. The entire Awareness could be disabled or Should scold Sim A? be disabled.

See if your mods alter group 0x7F210196. You can search with a hex editor for this value (backwards): 96 01 21. Total Commander can search for hex values in files (among other software). If your mods are not compressed contrary to the preachings of the church of Oil, you could also search for the releavant BHAV names. This should narrow down the possibilities.

I dont really understand what you are saying xd
Inventor
#5 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 8:23 PM Last edited by jonasn : 6th Feb 2022 at 8:25 PM. Reason: Couldn't attach screenshot
Situation: you have a long list of mods. Some of them potentially modify jealousy. But you don't know which ones. Then you can perform a search for it, and maybe get a list of just a few packages. Then decide whether you need them or not, or look closer at them.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/W6UCvmO.png

Another possibility is that a custom object deletes or empties out the Jealousy emitter (FC 77 64 6D). But that would remove all jealousy, not just towads parents.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 1:03 PM
Thanks it was helpful! I found it, it's ACR, and i found it a useful mod, soooo i wont delete it, but at least now i know why its not happening. Thanks again!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 10:07 PM
I want to have ACR and at the same time that the relatives react to the infidelity!
Inventor
#8 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 10:42 PM
This action isn't well implemented. There should be a cooldown period between reactions, so that the family member doesn't keep losing respect down to -100 for seeing essentially the same thing. But each kiss is taken as a separate event or something. I've restricted it a bit by relationship and romance asp. My rationale is that, if the family members don't know each other, they likely are not aware who their committed girlfriend is either. I was out Downtown and one of the Tricou boys began being distressed and surprised me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Mar 2022 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I want to have ACR and at the same time that the relatives react to the infidelity!

yeah same, but i guess thats not possible