Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shrubby Shrubs!

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 21st Sep 2007 at 2:52 PM - Updated 22nd Sep 2007 at 8:43 AM by HystericalParoxysm

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 12:48 AM
Thanks so much for these! I love'um! *laughing* shrubby shrubs....so funny :D
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 2:12 AM
Fantastic, they remind me of my overgrown ones here at my house.

A more accurate name would be "Shrubby Shrubtastic Shrubs!"

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#28 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 5:49 AM
SHRUBBBBSSSS!

Thank you, HP. :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:44 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 22nd Sep 2007 at 8:41 AM.
Plasticbox - Hrm. They should work just fine with the base game. I cloned 'em to do so, though I'll admit I didn't specifically test it. Lemme prod at things and see if I can figure out what's up. BaseGameStarter... awaaaayeeee!!

Edit: Grah. Well, you're right, they don't show up with just the base game... I thought it was due to me having OfB accidentally still checked in the file table when cloning (doh) but I fixed that... and tried it again and it didn't work... So then I tried a fresh clone with no changes but a new GUID and re-categorizing to that part of the catalog. And -that- won't show up. So I'm afraid it may be putting it under shrubs that's the problem (why, I don't know - my flowers are under flowers now and they show up fine). *grumble* More investigation needed.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#30 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 8:20 AM
Thanks bunch. Love the shrubs. Love pretty houses but what's a pretty house without a pretty garden. You are a genius
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#31 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:40 AM
Hey, thanks for looking into this!

If the shrub-category is the problem, I would't find it too odd if they were filed under trees .. after all, that's where the original hibiscus is too. Or anywhere else that works. But I guess that'll offend the perfectionist inside you =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 2:05 PM
Weeeeeeee! What I wanted exactly when I wanted it! Thank you very much.

Keep them coming!
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 2:51 PM
Oooh, yay! If there's one thing I need more of it's plants for my simmies. Thanks! :D

Not you,
not love,
just nothing...
Instructor
#34 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 3:12 PM
I am so excited to see these! I love khakidoo's "Shrubbies" and these, I am sure, will look awesome along side those in my lots. Thanks so much for sharing!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#35 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 4:06 PM
Oh lovely thank you HP for filling the lack of shrubbiness hole =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Instructor
#36 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:07 PM
Just great!! These were really needed, thank you

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Field Researcher
#37 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 9:55 PM
"We would like...a SHRUBBERY!"

And behold it has been provided and it is good. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 11:35 PM
Ahh, now I know why you were asking about this.

These look nice, and I am very happy they are with the other plants. Otherwise, I doubt I'd ever remember to use them.
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:35 AM
THANK you. Man, it was insane when I was landscaping (if you can call it that) and the fxxxing shrubbery was massive! or not shrubby enough...bleh. :3 Thanks XD No more miniature trees, or glorified flowers. :3
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 5:36 PM
Oh my god HP I love youuuuuuuu :D

Instructor
#41 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 6:36 PM
And here I was trying not to put anything else in my DL folder...harhar...you've done it yet again, HP. You genius, you. Thanks

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 5:21 PM
I love your shrubby shrubs, I have bv and before they worked perfect, but now when Im in buy mode you recolors show up and when i go back into live mode they turn blue and start "flashing" it sarted only when i got bv
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 5:37 PM
I have no way of testing BV compatability since I don't have that EP - nor do I really, well, care all that much since I don't have any desire to ever get BV. Sorry they don't work for you, emoarian19, but I won't be supporting that issue if it's BV-related.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 2:57 PM Last edited by NCeddieSim51 : 10th Nov 2007 at 3:14 PM. Reason: Add additional info.
Hi,
I am enjoying the 4 sizes of shrubby shrubs so much! Just the thing for making landscaping look more natural (along with those liberated flowers!!!) Thanks bunches!

I have encountered one odd problem, however. I really don't have a clue if its some sort of conflict with something else I have or what-- but I thought I would let you know about it.
The problem is:
Whenever I have the Maxis midbiscus in the same lot as the shrubby shrubs, the Maxis midbiscus flashes blue and black. It does not do that if no shrubby shrubs are present. Personally not a worrisome problem for me, as I can live quite happily without the Maxis version -- your shrubby shrubs are much more useful and versatile. But I thought I would mention it to you, as creator, in case anyone else notified you of a similar phenomena.

Do you foresee any vines that climb and spill over stone fences in your future? I like your trellis with the vine in full bloom very much. If I discover that you have made some, I WILL be hitting the download button, as I know anything of yours would be irresistible!

Thank you for sharing your fine skills and talent with us-- meshes, recolors, tutorials-- you've got it all on the ball, Sims-wise!

***EDIT***
Just noticed that there was a previous post about flashing and BV.
When I downloaded and began using the shrubby shrubs, I had everything but "Family Fun Stuff" and BV. I have only just acquired BV, and my experience with the Maxis midbiscus flashing was happening BEFORE I got BV, so it might not be related to BV at all. Just thought I should update my observation since another person mentioned BV. --Thanks
Forum Resident
#45 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 3:04 PM
I have BV and the Shrubby-shrubs are fine in my game. Love them. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:46 AM
Shrubby Shrubs! I love it! You know, I never really noticed the lack of shrubs. But you're exactly right, these are just what's been missing all along. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 4:52 AM
I know I'm really late on this one, but I absolutely adore these! I -love- shrubs, especially the large ones, and Maxis's lack of them was rather depressing.

Many many thank yous!
Forum Resident
#48 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 9:58 AM
thanks a lot,i wanted shrubby shrubs too:P
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 4:41 PM Last edited by suefemme : 5th Mar 2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: I did not read all comments yesterday
Thanks for these great shrubbs but I have a problem with the recolers on the maxis Hibiscus tree. They flash blue when I go from build to play. I can use the smaller ones you created with your recolors but not the Maxis Hibiscus sadly. I have all EP's and SP's. Is this the reason they flash? because you said uptill Seasons. If that's so are you going to update them?. I hope I informed you enough. Oh and I have no hacks or mods.
edit: I forgot to check page 2 of the comments and saw the post about BV. So I think it's because BV but I'm not sure because they work for another person who also has BV. I'm puzzled.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 12:54 AM
I was wondering, at first, what exactly a shrubby shrub was, but when I saw your picture it was just "OMG, it's a shrubby shrub!" I love them all. Thanks so much~

O pitiful shadow bound in darkness, looking down upon people and causing them pain... A soul drowned in sinful karma... Want to try dying this once?
- - -
Page 2 of 3