Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#226 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maeyung
Help?
I Am Trying To Download Unimesh . .
But When It Finish's The Download And Goes To Installation,
It Just Pops Up As A Read Me. . ??
Pleaseah Helpsss?

That is the same exact thing that happens for me!
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#227 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 10:05 PM
Did any of you read the readme file?
It contains the exact instructions you need to install the plugins.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Field Researcher
#228 Old 4th May 2008 at 3:44 AM
So ah, Wez, clever man you - I'm having a wee problem with Milkshape and the Unimesh - it says ERR: Too many morph targets to process. In vain I've tried several different versions of Milkshape including the newest (unstable beta) to no avail. I've Googled diligently but not found anything specifically relevant.

*whispers* I should confess that I'm using this for objects, not for Sim meshes, however it has generally behaved in a useful and spiffy way up until now for that purpose so I wondered if you had any thoughts on a possible work around for this issue? I suspect it *is* Milkshape crapness rather than specific to the unimesh but either way I'm still stuck with the problem!

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#229 Old 5th May 2008 at 2:52 AM
It's a limitation of MilkShape.

Since I have nowhere to store the morph pointers per-vertex, I used the pseudo-mesh method. But that limits the design to four morphs per group.

In a limited number of meshes (including faces) there are many morphs. While the game engine (or at least the file format) still limits it to four per-vertex, the overall number of morphs is greater than four because they carefully designed each morph to cover less than the full mesh area, and thus no single vertex has more than four morphs attached to it.

I know you should be able to extract the basic mesh itself using .obj format, or if animated MilkShape Ascii format by using SimPE's built in exporters. Even if I got the importer to extract all the morph subsets for you, you still can't export it with UniMesh because of the per-vertex issue.

I am aware the 3DS-Max would manage the morphs, but the only person I am aware of that ever built anything for 3DS was atavera, although he never finished it, and it disappeared when he packed all his bags and left town.

If you want any more help, let me know exactly which mesh it is you are working on. Or better yet, post the GMDC file in a message, because I don't have every one of the EPs, and only the base game is installed right now.

<* Wes *>

Field Researcher
#230 Old 5th May 2008 at 11:59 PM
Thank you Wez for taking the time to address my question.

I was curious to see if I could use the morph mods to replace the bedding rather than simply recycling the maxis bedding on a new frame or by complex joint assignments of the different little areas of the bed (there are so many different joints in that thing I completely marvel at the ability of anyone who makes new beddings successfully!). Nevertheless it simply wasn't that crucial that I feel its worth any extra of my time and certainly not of yours to pursue it since there isn't a straightforward answer (didn't think there would be but it seldom hurts to ask right?).

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Instructor
#231 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:09 PM
Hi wes! I was working on a mesh recently and after working for a long time and when i used the Bone tool, Milkshape froze... I had a saved-copy (thanks god!) But whenever i click the Unimesh Bone Tool milkshape freezes can you please help me?

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:14 AM
Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#233 Old 30th May 2008 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by $RaMRoM$
Hi wes! I was working on a mesh recently and after working for a long time and when i used the Bone tool, Milkshape froze...

Sorry not to answer, I didn't notice this post until now.

The two known reasons for this happening are either you have imported a second mesh and included the skeleton, or the OpenGL graphics drivers.

A second skeleton will have two of every bone. You have to delete the second bone set.

You can try the Mesa DLLs on this page if it is the drivers: http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/download.html

<* Wes *>

Alchemist
Original Poster
#234 Old 30th May 2008 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bigbette
Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

I will feign modesty on the "wonderful talent" part, but for the thanks, I give you a hearty "You're so Welcome". I am happy they are of use to so many people.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#235 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 8:37 PM
Hi wes_h, this is really cool and much appreciated! I am also looking for something that I can use for my TS1 game, does anyone know of any program that I can use with Windows Vista for TS1? I want to create some "The Sims Online" hairs, and I don't know of anywhere they would have those... o.o Anyone know?

Thanks a bunch :D

(¯*♥..♥*¯)Have you thanked a Mod today?
NO MORE PAYSITES FOR EA/SIMS STUFF, SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...tion/index.html
Test Subject
#236 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 4:26 AM
Well, that proble is solved already... But i have one problem whenever i try to import a GMDC using your plugin...

a message pops up that says,

Create Blend groups? ( i clicked on yes )

then...

Some Skin weights do not total 100%, do you want these corrected? (click on yes)

then BLUE SCRIBBLY LINES APPEAR EVERYWHERE AROUND THE MODEL. Please help...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#237 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:50 PM
The blue lines are circles that indocate where the joints are. But teh default scale in a new MilkShape installation is too large.

Change the default joint size in the preferences (found under the file menu) to 0.015.

<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#238 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 1:57 PM
Thank you very much for this excellent work.
Test Subject
#239 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 6:31 AM
Whenever I attempt to use the plugin, a pop up comes up saying that this isn't a registered version of Milkshape and that I would need to buy a registration key or something to get it to work. What do I do?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#240 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 10:23 PM
The registration is required to use MilkShape, not the plugin. But the plugin is useless without a functional copy of MilkShape.

So, your choices are to go to the chumbalum software site and buy a license, or to try using the XSI mod tool (if it is still available) or Wings 3D or Blender. None of these work with this software, though. You will find tutorials for them on other parts of the website.

<* Wes *>

Inventor
#241 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 9:14 PM Last edited by Cocomama : 18th Aug 2008 at 9:50 AM.
Thank you Wes_h for this very usefull plug-ins, don't want to mesh without them!! Sorry for asking Wes_h, but did you already checked the new Milkshape 1.8.3 version with your plug-ins. You did that when version 1.8.2 came out and I am a very happy user from Milkshape 1.8.2 with your unimesh 4.09 plug-ins and waiting for your confirmation that it is safe to switch to the new version 1.8.3
I am very curious about the new Sims PET mesh support it is mentioning and the 4 new skeletons. Could it be that we will be able to make our own new animals?? I would so much like to have real farmanimals.

Another question : I just recently started Objectmeshing and found it much easier to make the meshes and the UVmap with Milkshape and Unimesh. Right now I'm only doing stuff without any slots or animations, but can I still do animated meshes this way, or do I have to use exporting OBj and mapping in Classic following JWoods tutorial?? I've read that sometimes slots or things like that, (sorry still have to read and learn a lot more) are in the mesh itself??
Alchemist
Original Poster
#242 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 8:15 PM
I don't know why in the world Mete thought Pets importing was new... it has had that a long time, but there is no special Pets export support.

As best I can tell, UniMesh works fine with 1.8.3. I cannot say I tested everything, but I have had 1.8.3 instlled here since it came out.

One thing I do is leave the old MilkShape installed. That way, if I think something could be wrong, I can use the old version to see if that made a difference.

As far as UV Mapping, I use Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro. But it is not free, and costs a lot more than MilkShape. I have it because it probably has the most extensive set of import/export plugins available, and I can move meshes between (almost) any two programs with it. With UU3D I can read and write MilkShape format files, and the UV mapping is more powerful.

However, I cannot say what I do is "better", and I am not recommending it above other solutions. I used to use UV Mapper Classic, but I got UU3D for another purpose, and once I had it, found it was great for Sims work, too.

<* Wes *>

Instructor
#243 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 5:15 AM
I'm not sure where else to ask about this, but I'm also getting crashes with the bone tool. I am using Milkshape 1.8.2, and am having a strange problem. I'm working on converting a hair from one sex to another, and when I go to use the bone tool on the scalp, I have issues. If I select the entire scalp and assign it 100% to 7, it works perfectly. Then I go back and select the five vertexes on the back of the neck, click the bone tool and the program crashes to the desktop without an error.

I have updated the Mesa DLLs, and it's still happening. Any suggestions?

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#244 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 1:49 AM
The two known causes for BoneTool crashes involve video card driver related issues and are fixed with the Mesa DLLs. You have to install these every time you update MilkShape if you need them.

The other problem happens when people have two skeletons. That adds up to 130 bones, and MilkShape was only designed to use 128. It crashes pretty hard, but not every time.

Other than those two, I don't know of any other reasons that the BoneTool would have issues that would not be present on other plugins. Note that none of this has been texted with anything older than Windows XP, although some people have reported success with Windows 2000.

<* Wes *>

Instructor
#245 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 11:09 PM
Hmm. It only happens with those certain vertices in Milkshape, and the first thing I did was update the mesa dlls. I'm pretty sure there is only one skeleton in there, I don't get any strange export errors or anything.

I'm going to continue to try and figure it out. It could be something else to do with the meshes I'm trying to modify.

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Test Subject
#246 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:15 PM
Thanks Even though I don't really undestand what the plugins do Kinda new to all this.
Test Subject
#247 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:03 PM
mmm...
i m having problem again... (as always...)
i'm not good at installing non instalable thingy... like these.. (hehe)
so could you help me?
the problem is:
-when i open the zip, it comes out with just (i think) un-instalable files. nothing i can install.. so what can i do??
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#248 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:16 PM
Temari shippuden - This is not custom content. Not something you can just plunk in your game and use. This is for making your own custom meshes using Milkshape 3D. If you can't handle opening the included readme file and reading the instructions on where to put the files, then you are not going to be able to use this for what it's for. Meshing is not exactly easy, and if you can't get as far as opening a file and reading instructions, then you will not be successful at meshing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#249 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 10:57 AM
Hey, i need your help (please again...) because i'm like a freaking idiot to zips..
so, i've installed the unimesh plugins, and it pops out to a lot of thingy that i dunt understand... like uh, it's not installable! but i think, you can solve these.

so, i cant install it! i cant make meshes, even if i got ideas on my brain. so could you help me to install this unimeshplugins?

thanks!
Instructor
#250 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 8:49 PM
Temari-- These are tools for making custom content, they are not usable in the game in any way. They are tools for mesh-makers.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see my latest creations!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial updated 11-18-06
Page 10 of 14