Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 5:16 PM Last edited by PineappleForest : 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:45 PM.
Default How to enable snow for Buymode CC object in hood view ?
Hi there,
I've been trying to update my tree set for Seasons EP recently.
Trees were cloned from a base game tree and wouldn't get procedural snow effect on the lot.
I've made new clones using Venus sculpture. These get snow cover on the lot, but not in neighborhood view.
But the thing is, I have a few older objects I've also cloned from Venus - and those get covered with snow both on the lot AND in hood view
I wonder why? Is there a way to enable the automatic snow in hood view for new objects I've made?
(I've tried to clone these old objects, obviously, but I didn't get the same result)

Update:
It seems nobody knows the answer.
I've checked the content from other creators, some things get hood-view snow, some don't. That feature seems to be random.
Could it be that SimPE "breaks" something while cloning the deco items?

Here's what I've found out so far:
If I don’t edit the CRES name generated in Scenegraph rename wizard, cloned objects always get snow in hood view (!).
Editing the CRES name resulted in the lack of snow on deco object in hood view for some reason.

If you want to make sure your outdoor cc deco gets hood-view snow, clone TS2 deco (like Transport Urn or Venus) and do not edit the CRES name
It's not a great solution but it always works.